News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

"new" cart PCB's

Started by CraigsBar, 23:06, 15 August 11

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigsBar

Hi all,

Can anyone advise of a supplier of, or a kind hearted person who can provide the "new" GX4000 carts as pictured here

http://cpcwiki.eu/index.php/DIY_Cartridge

Unfortunately the Stock PCB has Link holes too far apart for a jumper strip (and too close together for a dil-switch)

Many thanks

Craig

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Bryce

Hi CraigsBar,
     Those Cart PCBs are from me. I don't have any made at the moment, but when I make a few I'll let you know. I don't think anyone else has ever produced any of them, but maybe I'm wrong? On the other hand, if it's purely for installing games on, rather than developing new software, then I'd recommend the Multi-Cart instead: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Multi_Cartridge . This cartridge splits a 512K EPROM (or Flash) into four manually selectable 128K zones. There weren't any original CPC / GX games that used more than 128K, so you effectively have 4 games on a single cartridge. Both cartridges require an original ACID to work of course.

Bryce.

CraigsBar

Hi Bryce,

I was actually considering both.

I have a couple of working (Under Emulation) CPR/Bin images that are Just over the 256k - the "Amstrad Classics" for example is 272kb (thus requiring a 512k chip) I do have a few spare acid chips as I have had 3 Pluses over the years and 2 have died, and I am sure if push comes to shove my No Exit could donate one. But Pang and Plotting are sacred, never to be opened LOL.

The Multi game cart is also worth considering however. If you could let me know when you some of both made up (either completed or just the PCB, I am not scared of a soldering Iron LOL.) I'd love to have a couple of each - For testing and these Large CPR's etc..

Many thanks

Craig.

:D

Bryce

Ok, then the standard cartridge makes more sense for you. I'll check tonight what I have. I may have a completed cartridge (with Socket for EPROM and ACID). I'll send you a PM tonight when I've checked.

Bryce.

CraigsBar

Here's keepin' my fingers crossed then :)

MacDeath

QuoteCan anyone advise of a supplier of, or a kind hearted person who can provide the "new" GX4000 carts as pictured here
Sadly, as is implied by its name, it's up to you to do it yourself...

:laugh:

Sorry, obvious trolling was so obvious and easy.

CraigsBar

Yes, Very witty, But we do not all have PCB manufacturing equipment ;-)

MacDeath

I know...

The problem is, getting this kind of stuff would interest a lot of peoples,n but to manage a proper production would need a guy to pay in advance for the whole batch, which can start to make a good amount  of ca$h even for 100 pi€c€s...

who is rich amongst you all ?