News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

(just)CPC Desktop

Started by msmthng, 11:50, 14 November 17

Previous topic - Next topic

msmthng

I have started to build a cpc Desktop within a HP Small Form Factore case.

Already build in:

Power Supply
justCPC board
GBS8200 VGA Converter

Still to do:
adding M4 Board
move all the connectors on the right place on the case to make them plugable from outside
adding a disk drive

Bryce

The badly designed DC/DC converter on the JustCPC has thermal issues. You'll need a fan under there or it will cause random resets.

Bryce.

khaz

Bryce

Quote from: khaz on 14:26, 14 November 17
Prepare to be disappointed.

It depends which version he has. The original ones were fine, the newer ones are shite.

Bryce.

GUNHED

Good luck it's a decent project!  :) :)
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

msmthng

the justCPC Board is succesfully mounted [attach=2] in thte HP SFF Case. I was using a wooden (maybe not professional but it was on stock, easy to use and cheap). The idea is that i do not disassamble the board therefore i am using adapters and extenders to make the plugs available from outside.

msmthng

[attach=2] on top of the justCPC i have build an adapter to mount an GBS8200 Board to convert the RGB signals into VGA signals. This for sure isn't the best quality option but it works for my needs. In future i can exchange this into a better quality solutions and for sure will be also more expansive.

msmthng

[attach=2] to use the on/on front switch of the desktop case as an on/off i have installed an on/off sequence converter available from conrad electronics. so the pushbutton can be used as on/off switch for the ATX psu from the SFF Case.

msmthng

The case is colored with RAL 7015 gray which isn't the perfect CPC color - does somebody know the right CPC RAL number?

msmthng

to secure the boards against against to much power provided from the PC PSU i have installed an inline fuse with 3A infront of each card.

msmthng

total view of the actual status.

msmthng

the first rendering of the turned on CPC:

msmthng

Existing problems:

Joystick plugged to the Board (even with autofire disabled) is causing multiple key recognition on a keypress (e.g. doubling input, recognizing the key and the key next to the pressed one, or adding an arrow to the key.) - i am sure that i will get some hints from piotr as it was with the other questions asked to him.

msmthng

Quote from: msmthng on 20:57, 19 November 17
Existing problems:

Joystick plugged to the Board (even with autofire disabled) is causing multiple key recognition on a keypress (e.g. doubling input, recognizing the key and the key next to the pressed one, or adding an arrow to the key.) - i am sure that i will get some hints from piotr as it was with the other questions asked to him.

The AY Chip was errornous, got a replacement from Piotr, it is working now.