News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

3" floppy tower

Started by radu14m, 15:26, 15 August 14

Previous topic - Next topic

radu14m

Found this nice floppy tower. The design of the units is unique,i like the eject button in the middle .
Also notice the 1Mb disc cappacity !!!

Someone has one of this ?

CraigsBar

No, but it looks so sweet I want one for my 464+
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

radu14m

With his withe color it"s perfect for the plus range  ;D

MacDeath

One of the coolest thing I've seen... :D

radu14m

this one looks similar :)

i would love to get one !!!

CraigsBar

Quote from: radu14m on 09:06, 16 August 14
this one looks similar :)

i would love to get one !!!

And we are back to *THAT* picture again. The drive is good, but the Screen Image is better ;)

radu14m

It's your old setup ?

CraigsBar

Quote from: radu14m on 09:57, 16 August 14
It's your old setup ?
No, I was looking for that screen a while ago in a different thread. My 464plus is my latest addition to the Amstrad Corner, it is an amazing example, I don't think it was ever used, certainly spent most of it's life in a dark place, as it has no yellowing at all on either the monitor, caseing or keyboard. unlike my 6128pluses, one of which is nearly yellow free, the other looks like it lived with a 40 a day smoker :( Retrobrite time when I get around to it I guess.

Craig

Bryce

These have been discussed quite a bit before. Unfortunately, despite "Am" in the name, they didn't make an Amstrad version, they were for Apple, Atari and Tandy. More info and pictures here: Wanted: CF2 disk drive ASAP

Bryce.

Gryzor

Quote from: radu14m on 15:26, 15 August 14
Found this nice floppy tower. The design of the units is unique,i like the eject button in the middle .
Also notice the 1Mb disc cappacity !!!

Someone has one of this ?

*sigh* again, host is down...

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Pentagon

Oh how beautiful and nice. That is my old CPC6128 Setup and i built the CPC Plus Floppy Doubledrive by myself. Sadly, i sold the complete system two or three years ago. I regret that i sold it, cause today and at the moment my feelings to start with a CPC Plus again are very strong.  :'(

But i think it is in good hands and still in use. To find a new CPC Plus is nearly impossible, so at the moment i am using a faulty 6128 with an XMem. Sometimes the 6128 works, sometimes not. He is very moody ;)

I really could need a new CPC for my home.

Regards
Tom

radu14m

what did u use to built the CPC Plus Floppy Doubledrive ? an amdek case ?

Pentagon

It was an old SCSI 3,5" Case i found at the garbage in my hometown. I liked the case and took it with me to mod and rebuilt to a CPC Double Drive. Inside are Chinon FZ354 Drives from Ami * CENSORED * ga Computer.

Regards
Tom

radu14m

The result looks very very good ;)