News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

40010 ULA/ASICs available!

Started by Spirantho, 13:27, 01 May 13

Previous topic - Next topic

redbox

Quote from: ralferoo on 11:27, 20 May 13
Actually, to be honest, I'm inclined to believe now that it is deliberate fraud, even though at first I thought it was probably just a mistake. The law also doesn't make a distinction on how big the trader is or how many people are likely to be taken in by the fraud.

Well, the information is all available online should you need it:

Contact Details:
E121 Retail Group Ltd
35-38 River Street
Digbeth
Birmingham
B5 5SA
Tel: 0121 241 8796
URL: 121Spares
Email: sales@121spares.co.uk

Registered office:
E121 Retail Group Ltd
2 Wheeleys Road
Edgbaston
Birmingham
B15 2LD
Company No. 07274129
Director: Mr Jeevah Singh

Birmingham Trading Standards
URL: Trading Standards - Birmingham City Council
Email: tradingstandards@birmingham.gov.uk

Gryzor

After more than a month the price is still 'wrong'.

What's more, they say on their site (and they prohibit right-clicking and copying text - that alone places them in my "assholes" list:D ):

121spares is a leading online provider of Electronic accessories and spares to the private and public sector. A trading name of e121 Retail Group Ltd, 121spares has developed excellent relationships with leading brands and manufacturers.

With over 20 years experience and a portfolio of over 20,000 Electronic products from all the leading manufacturers, 121spares are an independent supplier, offering great deals for businesses and the home.

121spares operates from a 20,000 sq.Ft Distribution Centre in the West Midlands and with over 1 million models listed, 121spares is confident in finding the correct spare parts for your electronic products.

With significant inventory holding, this has enabled 121spares to despatch all orders before 5pm the same day.

121spares hopes you find your shopping experience an enjoyable one and welcome any feedback you wish to send.

So, according to them, no, they're not a small shop.

Bryce

They welcome feedback.... Should we all leave some? :D

Bryce.

TotO

I'm interested. Someone in UK to try again to order 17 of them for 9.99£ ?
(and cancel if the price is not what is expected)

The price look "OK" for an IC... Many website sold IC in a range of 0.20$ to 0.80$.
Keep in mind that they get them in stock since 25 years and don't sold them, so better to free the stock.

Never accept to buy if the price dramatically change ; A day, they will accept to sold them at the price displayed.
(may be, because the people that will process the order will be a different guy)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

ralferoo

I did briefly consider it. There's a price "break" at 3 chips, so it goes down from 61p to 47p per chip. So, you can get 3 chips including postage for 3.50, which seemed good.

I was going to order some for spares but then it occurred to me that I don't actually need any and it's pointless hassle because I already know he's going to try to weasle out of a sale.

Bryce

Order them for me then, it won't let me order at all. I'll take 10 :) But only at 47p each.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Another ten for me, just for the heck of it.

ikonsgr

I just contact him and the answer was:

The price is actually 9.95 each, it is mistake

It's my mistake or the price seems to have a strong "inflation" trend?  :)
A few months ago was about 6pounds, and know got to almost 10pounds!
By the end of 2015 he will probably sell each for 100pounds....
Although i really need one 40010,i also HATE these "loan shark" and "black market" practices....
The problem is,if you want this kind of proprietar chip from amstrad are there any alternatives?

Munchausen

Quote from: ikonsgr on 11:33, 14 April 14
I just contact him and the answer was:

The price is actually 9.95 each, it is mistake

It's my mistake or the price seems to have a strong "inflation" trend?  :)
A few months ago was about 6pounds, and know got to almost 10pounds!
By the end of 2015 he will probably sell each for 100pounds....
Although i really need one 40010,i also HATE these "loan shark" and "black market" practices....
The problem is,if you want this kind of proprietar chip from amstrad are there any alternatives?

I suggest saying to him that you know the price was £6.95 in May and will only buy at that price.

ikonsgr

I kind of already did that. The email exchange goes like this:

Me: On product detail info page says 0.61pounds/item  including tax. Maybe you should correct this.
Store:
Yes i will (he still changing price in the last 8 months...) , do you still need the item?
Me: Well, yes i still need the item, but at such price, if i have to buy 2 chips and add shipping to greece, i could possibly find a hole amstrad cpc from here!If you could sell it for ~5-6pounds i will consider it.
Store:
Sorry but we cannot sell for that amount. they are popular and we sell many. 9.95 is the price!!!!!!!!  :o

Save the outrageous tactic of constantly raising the price,and supposing he is telling the truth, the REAL issue for me here, is all the people who submit to this obscene overcharging and willingly pay 10pounds+postage for this f@cking ic!!! Because if NO ONE bought it at this price the store would be forced to drop the price!
I recently bought a Z80 cpu/20Mhz and one CRTC 6845 (much more complicated and expensive to made ic's than  @#$% 40010) and i paid about 5pounds!!!!

Bottom line: if you have no brains,no patience (and perhaps no dignity...) you pay for anything what ever they ask you....  :(

Munchausen

That is terrible. I really hesitated to buy for £6.95... I would not do it for £10.

ikonsgr

And the last episode of the "series": I told him that someone i know bought this some months ago, at almost 50% less cost, and the reply was:

Sorry, we buy more and the cost increase for us from supplier!!!!  :o

And what are the conclusions from that?

- There is a "supplier" that makes new proprietary amstrad chips in 2014....
- The increase in  volume purchased, results in INCREASE of price/item!!!!   :o

I wonder, does this person REALLY believe that i'm so STUPID to bite this b@llshit???

Munchausen

Quote from: ikonsgr on 10:24, 15 April 14
- There is a "supplier" that makes new proprietary amstrad chips in 2014....

I've seen numerous places on the web stating that they can supply the 40010 in volume quantities (you must ask for a quote). Some of these will just be saying they have because they think that they can source it if anyone asks (hence you have to ask for a quote), but I wouldn't have thought it's impossible or even unlikely that a few places do have limited stockpiles of them somewhere.

If we could do a volume order it might be possible to try this and get a better price, but really someone would need to commit to buying a load and selling them on as and when people want them. If I had spare funds I'd be happy to do this, but unfortunately I can't and suspect that's the same for most other Amstrad guys that would like to do the same.

A better solution in the long run might be an actual 40010 replacement using some sort of programmable logic.

I'm afraid none of this helps you right now though :(

ikonsgr

I made a little search my self too, and found out the same thing you say, there seems to be rather big number of "amstrad 40010" suppliers.
But unfortunately none of them sell retail. You can only ask for rather large quantities to get a price.  :(

So for the moment i will try to revive my second amstrad and keep it as a "back up" without a 40010 installed

arnoldemu

I may have a 40010, no idea if it works or not.
it's in a box with other bits.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

ikonsgr

If you find it i would be more than happy to buy it!
Until then, i hope the "stock market" price would not exceed 100pounds...  :)

Bryce

I have the possibility to order from some normally commercial only suppliers, but none of them have a 40010. Can you send me links to a few of them and I'll see what I can do.

Bryce.

ikonsgr

Check the first 8 entries in this  (although i'm not sure that by "amstrad 40010" they mean the same thing  ::) )
Also i found this which doesn't have a price although avaliability says:in stock (i send them a request and wait for answer...)

TotO

I have asked to the first this morning... Waiting a price.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Bryce

Quote from: ikonsgr on 21:35, 15 April 14
Check the first 8 entries in this  (although i'm not sure that by "amstrad 40010" they mean the same thing  ::) )
Also i found this which doesn't have a price although avaliability says:in stock (i send them a request and wait for answer...)

Ok. I was going to send a request to the second link you sent, but the twats have badly written protection which blocks me from putting the @ symbol in my e-mail address and then complains that the e-mail address is not valid????

Bryce.

Gryzor

Not sure how you're doing it, just tried it and it lets me input an email addy fine...?

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 16:24, 17 April 14
Not sure how you're doing it, just tried it and it lets me input an email addy fine...?

I think it's because we are using different language keyboards. On a German keyboard you get the @ symbol by pressing "Alt Gr" and "Q". As soon as I press the "Alt Gr" key it pops up a copyright shite window, try it. You can't copy or paste either so I've no way of getting and @ Symbol into that field.

Bryce.

ikonsgr

You make it sound like the supplier doesn't want to contact with anyone from Germany... or at least with a German keyboard  :D

One suggestion: If you add another keyboard layout and try to type '@' using this?

Bryce

Yeah, I could have done that, but it seemed like too much hassle at the time (and it still does :) ).

Bryce.

arnoldemu

Quote from: ikonsgr on 18:29, 15 April 14
If you find it i would be more than happy to buy it!
Until then, i hope the "stock market" price would not exceed 100pounds...  :)
I have 2 x 40007 (464 gate-array). Both may not work.
They are in a box with other components.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource