News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

40031 wanted

Started by Beowulf1806, 16:52, 13 June 19

Previous topic - Next topic

Beowulf1806

HI everyone,I'm trying to find a 40031 for my cpc 6128 (mine is dead). Is anybody aware of a place online where I can buy one? (None on Ebay for the moment)

Thanks!

TotO

Only have 40025 I think, but I will take a look this weekend. Else, you should use an EPROM to do the job... Or using an external romboard if useful for other usages.
:picard2:
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

gerald

Quote from: TotO on 18:05, 13 June 19
Only have 40025 I think, but I will take a look this weekend. Else, you should use an EPROM to do the job... Or using an external romboard if useful for other usages.
40031 is the PAL ;)

TotO

So, I will take a look too...  :-\  (my brain is destroyed)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Beowulf1806

Beowulf1806

Otherwise, may be I can buy a 16L8 on Ebay and use my Eprom programmer. I've found some code related to the 40031 on CPCwiki.
Do you think that would be a good solution?

gerald

Quote from: Beowulf1806 on 23:55, 13 June 19
Otherwise, may be I can buy a 16L8 on Ebay and use my Eprom programmer. I've found some code related to the 40031 on CPCwiki.
Do you think that would be a good solution?
No problem with that. I've one 6128 running like that, using a GAL16V8 and the code on the wiki. 

Just make sur you take the fixed version. https://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/PAL16L8

Beowulf1806

Thanks, Gerald.Two Questions:1-I found on Ebay  some 16V8D. Is it OK for 40031 replacement ( I don't know the differences between 16V8 A/B/C/D) ?2- My programmer software accepts only .hex or .bin files. How can you convert your .Jed file to one of these?
Sorry, I don't have much experience with Eprom programming.

gerald

Quote from: Beowulf1806 on 00:11, 15 June 19
Thanks, Gerald.Two Questions:1-I found on Ebay  some 16V8D. Is it OK for 40031 replacement ( I don't know the differences between 16V8 A/B/C/D) ?2- My programmer software accepts only .hex or .bin files. How can you convert your .Jed file to one of these?
Sorry, I don't have much experience with Eprom programming.
16V8D is fine (that's the one I use). A/B/C/D mainly indicates the IC generation and/or power options.

I've added the hex version on the wiki page.

Beowulf1806

Thanks a lot for you help, Gerald. I'll keep you informed of the way things go.  :)