News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

464 Plus problems

Started by zeropolis79, 18:03, 19 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

zeropolis79

I've got a 464 Plus last week and got a C4CPC cart today..

Everything works only the monitor display is eratic, it's not all lined up properly.. I can't show a photo but if anyone goes to teh Amstrad CPC 464 group on Facebook, a photo is on there...

Please help!

Many thanks

Patrick

chinnyhill10

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 18:03, 19 May 16
I've got a 464 Plus last week and got a C4CPC cart today..

Everything works only the monitor display is eratic, it's not all lined up properly.. I can't show a photo but if anyone goes to teh Amstrad CPC 464 group on Facebook, a photo is on there...

Please help!

Many thanks

Patrick

Is it only on the grey menu or on everything you run from it?
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

gerald

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 18:08, 19 May 16
Is it only on the grey menu or on everything you run from it?
[ot]It's not grey !! It's #103040  :laugh: [/ot]

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 18:03, 19 May 16
Are you using a monitor (CM14 ?) or a TV, using a DIN to SCART cable ?
Do you have a link to that photo on Facek00k ?

zeropolis79

gerald

This picture looks restricted to facebook member only.   :(

Audronic

I have logged into face book ::- Not Available ???

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Gryzor

Mate, if you're asking for help it'd be really worth it trying to make it easier for those trying to help you... it's no big deal posting a pic here.

here's the photo:

[attach=2]

CanonMan

Oh dear, another monitor with convergence issues :(

I'd say that there's shorted turns in the deflection coils on the back of the CRT, or the coils have moved slightly because the glue has given up or the clamp has worked loose. Either way, it's not an easy job to sort out, unless you like poking around in the back of live monitors...

Bryce

Oops, looks like the coil have almost fallen off the neck of the tube.

Bryce.

Dr Tiger Ninestein

Such a shame to see this sort of thing happen.

Hopefully you can find someone that can fix it although that doesn't seem to be that easy nowadays. I tried to get a crt fixed a while back and not one tv repair man round my way would touch it.

I did find a place in Farnham if I recall correctly that fix and recap medical crt medical monitors, might be worth trying them.

zeropolis79

Gryzor - I kept being told that my file failed security checks...

As for the monitor, it started making high pitched noises and no picture on screen at all. Until I can buy a SCART and power lead set, the 464 Plus is now useless. Where my mother and goddaughter have been very ill, I've not been able to work and so money has been short so cant' afford to buy the lead set right now. I was lucky my daughter brought me my C4CPC (and I traded a few Nintendo DS machines for the Plus).

Thanks for the words of advice - I've now discarded it.

||C|-|E||

Sorry to hear that you had to discard it, but it was probably the best option, repairing those is expensive nowadays  :(

zeropolis79

Just need the money to buy the SCART and power leads..