News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

6128 keyboard compatible with 6128 plus keyboard

Started by endangermice, 21:14, 16 July 12

Previous topic - Next topic

endangermice

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if I was to get a French 6128 Plus, could I fit a keyboard from a UK CPC 6128 (non plus) to it and then run a UK Burning rubber cartridge - would that be a way to get it working with a UK key map? Obviously the colours of the keys would be different but from what I can see on the net both machines have the same connection for the Keyboard membrane so unless the ribbon is located in a totally different place I'd image it would be possible...?

Cheers,

Damien
For all the latest Starquake remake news check out my website - www.endangermice.co.uk

endangermice

Ignore this thread I've just found another with exactly the answers I was looking for - doh!
For all the latest Starquake remake news check out my website - www.endangermice.co.uk

Gryzor

It would help if you gave the link to it :)

endangermice

Yes of course, it's from this very forum:

Amstrad 6128 PLUS

I didn't post it before because I figured everyone knew already and I was just being a dumbass!

It looks like stickers might be the way to goor retro fitting the upper part of a 6128 keyboard.

If I ever manage to get a non-UK plus I'll investigate sticker options.....

Gryzor

I just asked because someone might land here by doing a search, so it'd be good to redirect them to the original...