News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Adapter for 6128 Plus to use edge-connector peripherals?

Started by llopis, 16:09, 07 November 18

Previous topic - Next topic

llopis

I just got a 6128 Plus and I realized that the connectors are not the usual edge-connectors from the CPC. Is there an adapter we can buy somewhere? Something along these lines: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Plus-CPC_adaptor
If not, I suppose I could make it myself, but I'd rather not spend the time doing that.

The main thing I wanted to hook up was Pyotr's USB drive emulator, but I guess it might be simpler just to buy a Gotek and use the right cable.

While we're at it: Any must-have peripherals for the Plus?

LambdaMikel

If you are willing to pay for it, I can volunteer to make one. It would consist of a short cable one side centroincs plug, other side IDC female connector, and CPC 464 Connector on the other side (which has the edge). Due to high price of centronics plugs, I'll have to charge 20 $ plus shipping (~ 7 $) .

llopis

Quote from: LambdaMikel on 16:53, 07 November 18
If you are willing to pay for it, I can volunteer to make one. It would consist of a short cable one side centroincs plug, other side IDC female connector, and CPC 464 Connector on the other side (which has the edge). Due to high price of centronics plugs, I'll have to charge 20 $ plus shipping (~ 7 $) .
I decided to get an expansion board with the right cable, so I won't need this. Thanks anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmstradNoob

I ended up coming to the same conclusion myself. That one might as well get an expansion board.

LambdaMikel

Quote from: AmstradNoob on 12:52, 11 November 18
I ended up coming to the same conclusion myself. That one might as well get an expansion board.
Of course. If you don't need an edge then yes. But he had asked for something with an edge.

AmstradNoob

Some of them do have an edge connector on the end, so you can use the "retro" gadgets.

LambdaMikel

Quote from: AmstradNoob on 11:51, 12 November 18
Some of them do have an edge connector on the end, so you can use the "retro" gadgets.
Other than LambdaBoard, which ones? Just curious.

AmstradNoob

I haven't remembered the names of them all - it may well have been yours I saw. But I seem to remember it was a green PCB - unless that was the colour you used to use? (Though I do know the PCB colour is a simple enough thing to pick when having the boards made.)

If I find the one I'd looked at, when I was searching for an extension board. I'll let you know.

LambdaMikel