News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Adding a Tape socket to a CPC 6128+

Started by talrek, 17:03, 20 August 15

Previous topic - Next topic

talrek

Hi,
I want to add a DIN5 socket to my CPC+, so i will be able to use my external tape ;-)
My problem is i don't know which 5v Relay to take... May be a reference ? I buy parts in Reichelt store, and there is dozens of results on "5v Relay"

Thank you for your help.

TFM

Is there a part list for the 464 Plus? A kind of manual? Somewhere in the Wiki?

Try this:
http://www.cpcwiki.eu/manuals/Service%20Manual%20Amstrad%20Plus.zip

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

CraigsBar

I still have enough parts to make up kits for anyone who wants one.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

talrek

Quote from: TFM on 17:54, 20 August 15
Is there a part list for the 464 Plus? A kind of manual? Somewhere in the Wiki?

Try this:
http://www.cpcwiki.eu/manuals/Service%20Manual%20Amstrad%20Plus.zip
Thank you, i already looked this manual. the part RY301 is quite impossible to find on the internet. But i have a "normal" CPC6128 for parts, and it has this relay. So i think i'm going to desolder this one, to reuse it !

Quote from: CraigsBar on 18:28, 20 August 15
I still have enough parts to make up kits for anyone who wants one.
Do you mean you have these relay in stock ? RY301 ?

CraigsBar

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

CraigsBar

Quote from: TFM on 17:29, 21 August 15

Where did you get it?
OK, not that exact relay. But one that works. I bought 5, have 1 in my plus, made up 1 or 2nkitsbso have at least 2 left. The kit will contain. Din socket, pin header and plug, the resistor and transistor and relay. You will need to add some wires and the standard CPC cassette lead.

talrek

That's interesting. I desoldered the relay, DIN and transistor from a "CPC-for-parts" so i have now all "original" parts to test. But if it fails, i will certainly buy it one from you !!!!

Bryce

Which transistor did you take from the 6128??

Bryce.

talrek

Quote from: Bryce on 13:40, 22 August 15
Which transistor did you take from the 6128??

Bryce.

I took the Q301. AKA 2SC1815Y.
I mounted everything, Remote works, some problems with read though... Sometimes it loads , sometimes i have problems with it.
My tape reader is old and needs an adjustment, some i'm working on it ;-) I tested the tape reader on a CPC6128 and same symptoms.

talrek

Well, i think i give up
I don't understand ,it worked a few times, and now it doesn't recognize anything.

- I tested the tape on a CPC6128 --> OK
- The add-on worked, i did load promgrams on tape 3 times before.
- The "remote" part works well when i load, or save, the tape starts and stops automatically. So i guess the relay, transistor, Diode and resistor are good
- the "mic" line seems to work since i can save data from the CPC to tape. When i play after i can hear the sound of what i saved
- The "IN" line is the problem, even if i hear the sound from the tape, it acts as there was no data from the tape. I used programs to see if there was "data", Azimut reader, etc. And it detects really Nothing.

I checked the lines several times,
disconnected all except "IN" line to see, but Nothing. I tested and checked all cables with my multimeter...

I think the Plus has been damaged... How ? i don't know....

Boojakascha

Hello

I am digging out this old topic, as I am doing the mod right now and the manual on the wiki part seems wrong. Here is the Link:
http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/DIY_Plus_Tape_Socket

Most concerning are the statements "collector and base are swapped" while the picture shows emitter and base being swapped. Furthermore the manual mentions that the KTC1815 would have another pin out than the 2N3904. This is false.

Has anyone of you done the mod? Has someone (maybe Bryce) a suggestion regarding the transistor?

CraigsBar

Yes I have done it. I found the original part so did not need to swap any pins. 😉

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3t using Tapatalk

Boojakascha

Thanks a lot. I guess I will try to use the 2N3904 in normal orientation then.

[Edit]

My Bad! Bryce did everything right!