News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

amstrad 464

Started by rebelpeter, 10:17, 06 December 12

Previous topic - Next topic

rebelpeter

Hello I am a new kid on the block but better make that new old kid, I have been digging out my old trusty Amstrad cpc 464, and I find I have most of it ok after storing it for 25 years, but I have not got the Amstrad DD1 disc drive that takes the 3" floppy discs CF-2 , and most of the games I have for the ammy are on these discs so does anyone happen to know where I may buy one of these Amstrad disc drives, maybe someone has one for sale any help really appreciated . . .

arnoldemu

Quote from: rebelpeter on 10:17, 06 December 12
Hello I am a new kid on the block but better make that new old kid, I have been digging out my old trusty Amstrad cpc 464, and I find I have most of it ok after storing it for 25 years, but I have not got the Amstrad DD1 disc drive that takes the 3" floppy discs CF-2 , and most of the games I have for the ammy are on these discs so does anyone happen to know where I may buy one of these Amstrad disc drives, maybe someone has one for sale any help really appreciated . . .
welcome to our friendly forum! :)

I can only suggest to keep looking on e-bay for the ddi-1 interface and disc drive.

Until then, you can use a fake cassette and connect your 464 to the pc and use playtzx to play a cdt file (emulation cassette file) and load games and programs this way.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

pepetammy

:)
Hello thanks  for the reply not good on these sort of things at all so would not really know how to do that you suggest, I am hoping a DD1 will turn up have you any ideas other than Ebay where to look...

Bryce

If no one here has one, you could try asking over on Amibay.

Bryce.

satchman2000

Hiya
Where are you from?
I have a spare DD1 and interface that I might sell..
cheers
Dave

pepetammy

Hello great I am from Essex and I will buy your DD1 can you give me an e mail essexchap (at) btinternet.com I am interested in buying your DD1 and no messing about just let me know price and postage and we can have a deal. . . Please save it for me . . .

Bryce

I modified your email address to save you a life time of spam.

Why are you posting as a Guest when you have set up the user Rebelpeter?

Bryce.

pepetammy

hello I am sorry I have no idea what to do on here and I tried to log in as rebelpeter but would not work so I just put in a pets name and got it to work, do forgive my mistakes as they come easy to me on these sites, the e mail address you have put on my post, will the chap I am trying to talk to be able to send me an e mail when he sees it ?, as I am desperate to get a DD1 from him, I am going to make a few errors on here no doubt but I will try to do the right things, once again sorry . . . . :( I tried to use rebelpeter and it tells me it contains a reserved name, how can I get this altered to rebelpeter

Devilmarkus

Try deleting cookies and then login perhaps works...
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

pepetammy

how do  delete cookies

Devilmarkus

If you use Firefox: Simple, just delete your history (Menu: Extras)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Bryce

Quote from: pepetammy on 17:27, 10 December 12
I tried to use rebelpeter and it tells me it contains a reserved name, how can I get this altered to rebelpeter

Are you using the Login or "create new user"? If you use the Login link above you shouldn't get that problem.

Bryce.

rebelpeter

Hello Bryce thank you I have logged in now and hope it works for me. Can you tell me though will the chap be able to reply to my message from my email address I posted and you altered so will he be able to e me still when he reads my message . . . . .

rebelpeter

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 18:11, 10 December 12
If you use Firefox: Simple, just delete your history (Menu: Extras)

Thank you I have re logged in and it now seems fine also I can now post without waiting for it to appear on screen so great thanks . . .

Bryce

He can't use it to automatically open his e-mail program, but I'm sure he'll work out what your e-mail address is. He can also send you a PM (Private Message) which is like an e-mail within the Forum, ie: only you can read it.

Bryce.

rebelpeter

Thank you very much for your help . . . .

Reb . . .

rebelpeter

Satchman 2000

I have sent you a PM

Reb . . .

rebelpeter

I am lost I can not get to your reply about the DD1 on ebay . . .???

Gryzor

Quote from: rebelpeterI am lost I can not get to your reply about the DD1 on ebay . . .
Not sure what you mean by that?

rebelpeter

It is ok I have found where I was just imagine the worst possible person on sites and pcs and thats me, I get lost and can not at times find where I was  in the last post, but I am back on here ok now.,

satchman2000

Hi Rebelpeter- I've sent you a PM..

rebelpeter

Many thanks for contacting me . . .