News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad AMX mouse

Started by ||C|-|E||, 23:25, 22 June 16

Previous topic - Next topic

||C|-|E||

I am quite happy today! I managed to find and buy this guy for 7.50 pounds, although it was listed as "for parts or not working". However,  it should not be very difficult to bring it back to life and restore the little guy, cosmetically at least everything is in good condition. I will start having a look when I have time, let´s see what is wrong with it. As usual, I will try to document everything significant just in case is useful for somebody else  :)

[attachimg=1]

VincentGR

Waiting for the results  ;D

||C|-|E||

Not a lot of time during the next days but oh well... what can I do :)

Lazy Dude

had mine since new, it lives in a box someplace, loadsa fun drawing stuff with the standard software back in the day

Duke

Oddly I remember mine being black with 3 orange buttons and a more slick design, guess there most have been different versions, or I just suffer from bad memory :)
Quote from: Lazy Dude on 17:16, 23 June 16
had mine since new, it lives in a box someplace, loadsa fun drawing stuff with the standard software back in the day

||C|-|E||

There were at least 3 different versions, yes, and one was definitely black  :D

Lazy Dude

I remember it being a big deal back then if you could say you had a mouse for your home computer.
Nowadays they are more disposable than toilet paper!

talrek

Well, CPC mouse are still useful indeed !!!! thanks to FutureOS and SymbOS !!!
By the Way, i must have some "Bryce"-USB-Mouse Adapters in stock in case someone is interested.

||C|-|E||

Definitely interested in one of the adapters, if you have them  :D

talrek

Well i have little stock
Here are the pics

For price 20€ and postage with tracking are 5,50€ to EU , and 2€ to France .

||C|-|E||

So yes, I will take one! Can you send me the Paypal address by PM?  :D

Thank you!  :-*

||C|-|E||

Already paid! This is great because it opens the possibility of using a wireless mouse, something very needed if your space is tight  ;D

hsimpson

@talrek: I will take one too :). Send me the PayPal address by PM, please.

Bryce

Quote from: ||C|-|E|| on 15:54, 03 July 16
Already paid! This is great because it opens the possibility of using a wireless mouse, something very needed if your space is tight  ;D

No, unfortunately not. The USB host that I crammed into 4K of PIC RAM doesn't go as far as recognising wireless mice. You can only fit so much into 4K of assembly language.

Bryce.

||C|-|E||

Aaaah...  :-X anyway, It is great to have one because I have a much wider range of mice to try  :)

Bryce

Some wired mice won't work either. The reason for this is that the AMX mouse  adaptor sends a signal to the mouse to revert to PS/2 mode. Most USB mice will do this, but some mice (usually high res gaming mice) don't have this functionality and don't respond. When that happens my adaptor will flash the status LED once per second to tell you that the mouse didn't initialise correctly.

Bryce.

||C|-|E||

Yup, I knew about that from the article in the Wiki  :) It should not be a problem considering than I am going to use, most likely, an old Logitech mouse  :)

talrek

Quote from: ||C|-|E|| on 23:06, 03 July 16
Yup, I knew about that from the article in the Wiki  :) It should not be a problem considering than I am going to use, most likely, an old Logitech mouse  :)

When i first tried the adaptor some times ago, i didn't have any compatible mice, they were too "modern" ;-)
So i bought a fantastic chinese low-cost mouse, and guess what ? It worked  :laugh:
Thanks to Bryce's adapter, you will save your money  8)

Bryce

Yay! for Chinese crap! :)

Bryce.

||C|-|E||

Instead of the Chinese crappy ones, I think I will go for this Logitech:

Logitech 910-000185 - RX250 White mouse - Corded: USB + PS/2 - Warranty: 2Y |

Classical mouse, PS/2 compatible... and white, like the Plus  ;D I just need to see if I find it cheaper somewhere.

P.D: Found it!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-RX250-Optical-Mouse-Grey/dp/B000RAGOQM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1467651007&sr=8-2&keywords=logitech+RX250

:D

Bryce

Quote from: ||C|-|E|| on 17:49, 04 July 16
Instead of the Chinese crappy ones, I think I will go for this Logitech:

Logitech 910-000185 - RX250 White mouse - Corded: USB + PS/2 - Warranty: 2Y |

Classical mouse, PS/2 compatible... and white, like the Plus  ;D I just need to see if I find it cheaper somewhere.

P.D: Found it!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-RX250-Optical-Mouse-Grey/dp/B000RAGOQM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1467651007&sr=8-2&keywords=logitech+RX250

:D

Yup, that should be perfect.

Bryce.

||C|-|E||

I only need to change the logo  :laugh:

TotO

Logitech = quality...
Not required to change the logo as it is a 3rd party doing things for all systems.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

||C|-|E||

That is actually a very valid point of view too  :D

||C|-|E||

I received the board today! It looks great!  :D Thank you!  :-*