News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC WiFi

Started by Duke, 07:36, 07 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

pelrun

You can add me to the list as well  ;D

Executioner

The code ParaDOS uses to enable/disable the message is:

push hl
ld hl,16
add hl,sp
ld a,(hl)
cp #2e
jr z,ok464
cp #2b
jr nz,nosign
.ok464
inc hl
ld a,(hl)
cp 3
call z,signon

.nosign

Duke

Thanks, I'll look into it, see what it checks for on the stack.

Quote from: Executioner on 14:39, 16 May 16
The code ParaDOS uses to enable/disable the message is:

push hl
ld hl,16
add hl,sp
ld a,(hl)
cp #2e
jr z,ok464
cp #2b
jr nz,nosign
.ok464
inc hl
ld a,(hl)
cp 3
call z,signon

.nosign

Duke

Got some edge connectors now and they fit perfect on the cpc664 and cpc6128 (very tight)  I have.
Although they weren't meant to fit the standard idc header, it was no problem to solder it on.  This will be an option if anyone wants it on their board, the price is +3.5 euro though (sorry! they are expensive).
Also it's been decided not to mount the 32k clock and battery mount as I've implemented ntp time lookup over the internet instead, so I see no need for it.

I need a volunteer for testing this board that has a CPC464 and want edge connector. Think I can ship it out after the weekend.

EDIT: added screenshots of current web interface changes.

robcfg

I can do it  ;D

I'll send you a PM with details.

Cheers,
Rob

Gryzor

Can do it too, got a Schneider or two somewhere, though @robcfg was quicker :)

Damn, how luxurious is it to say you don't need the battery because you do NTP lookups :D

Duke

Quote from: Gryzor on 14:45, 19 May 16
Can do it too, got a Schneider or two somewhere, though @robcfg was quicker :)

Damn, how luxurious is it to say you don't need the battery because you do NTP lookups :D
Thanks, yeah @robcfg is getting the one in the picture.

I have another board almost ready (maybe one more over the weekend), but only have the card edge connectors right now (schneider is centronics only, isn't it?).
I don't have shrouded idc connectors needed for mx4 / cable yet.
If you want the second board let me know, but if you prefer shrouded idc connector for mx4 / cable wait for that instead. Since robcfg will verify if it's good on cpc464.
Prices are 40 euro for the board + 3.5 euro for card edge connector and 3.5 euro for shipping to most of europe.

khaz

Can it be made MX4 compatible?

Duke

Quote from: khaz on 21:45, 19 May 16
Can it be made MX4 compatible?

Yes it should be, when a male shrouded idc pinheader is mounted. I am awaiting a MX4 board from Toto, so I can verify it.
Card Edge connector mounted is just an extra option if you want to use it with CPC none plus and don't have cable or mx4.

khaz

Cool. My opinion is that having a cable instead of the board connected directly helps keeping the connection tight and not breaking stuff. So even without an MX4, being MX4 compatible would be preferable, which is why I asked.

anyf33

I need a volunteer for testing this board that has a CPC464 and want edge connector. Think I can ship it out after the weekend.

i have a Amstrad CPC464 also and i can test it. PM me for the second board.  ;D

Duke

Quote from: anyf33 on 04:08, 20 May 16

i have a Amstrad CPC464 also and i can test it. PM me for the second board.  ;D
Thanks, if Gryzor doesn't want it, I'll pm you.

Gryzor

Quote from: Duke on 16:17, 19 May 16
Thanks, yeah @robcfg is getting the one in the picture.

I have another board almost ready (maybe one more over the weekend), but only have the card edge connectors right now (schneider is centronics only, isn't it?).
I don't have shrouded idc connectors needed for mx4 / cable yet.
If you want the second board let me know, but if you prefer shrouded idc connector for mx4 / cable wait for that instead. Since robcfg will verify if it's good on cpc464.
Prices are 40 euro for the board + 3.5 euro for card edge connector and 3.5 euro for shipping to most of europe.

Ah, I'd prefer the shrouded connector or the mx4 version (just read your previous post) so better it went to someone else. Of course if no one wants it then sure, I'll take it and test it!

anyf33

Quote from: Duke on 08:01, 20 May 16
Thanks, if Gryzor doesn't want it, I'll pm you.
i will take it  :D
a question for everyone please. I have a cpc plus. but with no cartridge. Can this board work without cartridge on plus (first of cource i need adapter) to load basic etc ??

CraigsBar

Quote from: anyf33 on 09:24, 21 May 16
i will take it  :D
a question for everyone please. I have a cpc plus. but with no cartridge. Can this board work without cartridge on plus (first of cource i need adapter) to load basic etc ??

No, You still need an ASID chip for the plus to work. I have one Plus with the ACID mounted internally (on the back of the cartridge riser) and on that machine it will run wothoug a cartridge so long as I use my X-MEM to provide the FW rom and Basic.

However in General you still need the ACID, so therefore you still need a cartridge. If you don't have one then you realy should see if @Gerald has any of his excellent C4CPC MicroSD based flash carts left, then you can have all the games and multiple system carts available at the touch of a button..
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

mr_lou

I also have a (danish) CPC464.

But, does there exists an edge connector with a 90 degree turn so that the board doesn't stick out that much to the back but rather sticks upwards instead?

Duke

@mr_lou
I have designed an adapter pcb for that. I'll update on that when I receive it.

The M4 pcb is 76,5 mm x 61 mm btw.

Quote from: mr_lou on 11:23, 21 May 16
I also have a (danish) CPC464.

But, does there exists an edge connector with a 90 degree turn so that the board doesn't stick out that much to the back but rather sticks upwards instead?

anyf33

Converter Centronics to Card for CPC series, 16,95 €

one question, this adapter works for plus?
and the centronics of schneider and plus is the same?
if i buy this i can connect wifi modem? to my plus?

TotO

Quote from: anyf33 on 17:09, 22 May 16
Converter Centronics to Card for CPC series, 16,95 €

one question, this adapter works for plus? and the centronics of schneider and plus is the same?
if i buy this i can connect wifi modem? to my plus?
Yes the Centronics expansion ports are the same on Scheineder CPC and Amstrad PLUS.
This adapter is soldout (and expensive). By the way, I don't think that you will require it to use the Wifi board on your computer.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

anyf33

Toto how i can connect without adapter? Also the adapter seems availiable on the site.

TotO

Quote from: anyf33 on 21:52, 22 May 16
Toto how i can connect without adapter? Also the adapter seems availiable on the site.
If you are speaking about an existing board with an edge connector, yes you need an adapter.
I can take a look to my stock. (cost less than 5€ if you already own a centronic to 50 pins ribbon cable...)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Duke

Here is the preliminary instructions on using the board:
http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/m4info.txt

I guess this is release 1.0.0 (unless testers find a major flaw).
There is still plenty of features I will implement later, but for now I have to focus on "real life" work for a bit.

Audronic

@Duke

What have you named the Board / Project ??
M4  or something else.

Or perhaps  "" The Ultimate ""

Thanks   Ray

Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Duke

Very uncreative I just call it M4 board :) -At the time I thought I could use it for something else if the CPC part didn't work out, so guess I am stuck with M4 !

Quote from: Audronic on 08:08, 23 May 16
@Duke

What have you named the Board / Project ??
M4  or something else.

Or perhaps  "" The Ultimate ""

Thanks   Ray

Singaja

Quote from: Duke on 08:48, 23 May 16
Very uncreative I just call it M4 board :) -At the time I thought I could use it for something else if the CPC part didn't work out, so guess I am stuck with M4 !

How about a community poll to choose a cool name? This expansion is really a big deal :o