News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC WiFi

Started by Duke, 07:36, 07 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke

Cool that's good to hear. What CPC do you use btw.?

Quote from: dirtybb on 18:28, 06 June 16
Hi

Got it tonight, tested it, works like a charm :)

Thanks a lot

dirtybb

Quote from: Duke on 18:52, 06 June 16
Cool that's good to hear. What CPC do you use btw.?

Amstrad CPC 6128

rcmolina

Hi Duke,

Also wanted 1x M4 board with edge connector for my CPC6128 .

Is it possible or it's too late?

Duke

Hi

You are not too late for second batch, I've added you. But please have patience list is long. Made some progress today, 5 more boards almost ready, but parts are coming in too slow atm. Probably it will change in a couple of days and I have more parts than I can manage to build boards.
Regards,

Duke
Quote from: rcmolina on 21:21, 06 June 16
Hi Duke,

Also wanted 1x M4 board with edge connector for my CPC6128 .

Is it possible or it's too late?

reidrac

I got mine! So far, very impressed. Excellent hw!

I can't seem to be able to make CD to work, I always get "Type mismatch" error.

This is a CPC 464 with no expansions.

EDIT: also tried run"file.bin" and I get "Line too long" error. Forget about this one, I'm stupid and the binary didn't have the appropriate header.

Still can't make the CD command work. Wireless works perfect, though.
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

anyf33

i also got mine !!!
and finaly works !!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
HINT To other users:dont forget to set an ip from your router. to work . otherwise with http://10.0.0.37 will not work!!

Thank you Duke again for your excelent support

robcfg

Reidrac, on basic 1.0 the syntax of the CD command is:

A$="name":|CD,@A$

reidrac

Quote from: robcfg on 22:55, 07 June 16
Reidrac, on basic 1.0 the syntax of the CD command is:

A$="name":|CD,@A$

I'll try that, thanks!

EDIT: works perfect! This is an amazing card for the CPC, thanks @Duke !
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

mr_lou

Noob question.

Is there any way a ROM can create KEY DEF's?

If yes, then maybe one could do

KEY DEF 0,"a$="+chr$(34)
KEY DEF 1,"|cd,@a$"+chr$(13)
KEY DEF 2,"|cd,@a$"+chr$(13)+"cat"+chr$(13)
and so forth

to speed up the process.

reidrac

Quote from: mr_lou on 06:15, 08 June 16
Noob question.

Is there any way a ROM can create KEY DEF's?

If yes, then maybe one could do

KEY DEF 0,"a$="+chr$(34)
KEY DEF 1,"|cd,@a$"+chr$(13)
KEY DEF 2,"|cd,@a$"+chr$(13)+"cat"+chr$(13)
and so forth

to speed up the process.

Well, is not that bad. Definitely faster than using tape :)

mr_lou

Quote from: reidrac on 06:16, 08 June 16
Well, is not that bad. Definitely faster than using tape :)

True, but if it's not a problem, then why not use the F-keys for various commands like this?
F0 = Set a$
F1 = CD a$
F2 = CD a$ and CAT
F3 = DELETE a$
F4 = RENAME a$ to b$
F9 = Set b$
and so forth.

Duke

It's a good idea. I don't know how to do that from assembler though. Even better would be I think, if you just typed ie |cd [return] it would write a ? and you could type dirname or use shift+curser keys and copy, it's definately possible but a bit of work :) -Maybe if someone is bored? I would add it to the rom.
Quote from: mr_lou on 06:22, 08 June 16
True, but if it's not a problem, then why not use the F-keys for various commands like this?
F0 = Set a$
F1 = CD a$
F2 = CD a$ and CAT
F3 = DELETE a$
F4 = RENAME a$ to b$
F9 = Set b$
and so forth.

Duke

Glad to hear you like it :)

- Don't forget to try the cpcxfer program, if you want to quickly move files for testing from pc to cpc.

xfer -u <cpc ip> FILE.BIN / 0   
( '/' indicating the file should be stored in root, '0' assuming the file has prebuild amsdos header. )

Quote from: reidrac on 06:01, 08 June 16
I'll try that, thanks!

EDIT: works perfect! This is an amazing card for the CPC, thanks @Duke !

reidrac

Quote from: Duke on 20:15, 08 June 16
Glad to hear you like it :)

- Don't forget to try the cpcxfer program, if you want to quickly move files for testing from pc to cpc.

xfer -u <cpc ip> FILE.BIN / 0   
( '/' indicating the file should be stored in root, '0' assuming the file has prebuild amsdos header. )

I can start a simple HTTP server in my laptop and download things too.  I love this a lot!

I was wondering if there would be a way of getting a socket interface so we can implement things like telnet on the CPC (just daydreaming).

radu14m

@Duke: you let us know when we should send you the money ?  ;)

Duke

Not yet, but it's on the to do list.
Quote from: reidrac on 20:18, 08 June 16
I was wondering if there would be a way of getting a socket interface so we can implement things like telnet on the CPC (just daydreaming).

Duke

Yes, I will pm each one of you with details, when your board is ready.

Quote from: radu14m on 20:19, 08 June 16
@Duke: you let us know when we should send you the money ?  ;)

SRS

Quote from: Duke on 20:27, 08 June 16
Yes, I will pm each one of you with details, when your board is ready.

I can confirm that. Undusting my 464 tomorrow :)

Gryzor

Hmmm looks like I missed quite a few posts in this thread... hope I didn't lose my position in the queue :D

TFM

A technical question: Reading the docs it seems like that the M4 hast two ports. Now one sends a command (and maybe data bytes) to one port and then the command is 'ended' by sending a byte to the other port. That's a fine way to do it.  :)

Now, to get the result data, one will read values out or ROM 7 (or 6, depending on CPC model). This is fine for any application residing in RAM. And since this is kind of memory mapped I/O it's probably super fast.  :)

Now my question: Instead of reading data from the ROM, is there a possibility to read it from I/O ports instead?

The reason for asking is that a ROM program can't directly access another ROM without a routine to read, previously put into RAM.

It's not a problem, I'm just curious.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Duke

Actually it could be any rom (6 and 7 are just default choices, it can be set in the config which rom it maps), so it's best to lookup the rom some way.
Currently it is not possible to read data back via I/O ports.
- Not sure if it ever will be, the timing in the ARM handler loop is very tight, a instruction in the wrong place could break it all :)
I see what you mean though, but again a small handler put into ram could do the trick from rom to rom (as you said).

Quote from: TFM on 16:21, 09 June 16
A technical question: Reading the docs it seems like that the M4 hast two ports. Now one sends a command (and maybe data bytes) to one port and then the command is 'ended' by sending a byte to the other port. That's a fine way to do it.  :)

Now, to get the result data, one will read values out or ROM 7 (or 6, depending on CPC model). This is fine for any application residing in RAM. And since this is kind of memory mapped I/O it's probably super fast.  :)

Now my question: Instead of reading data from the ROM, is there a possibility to read it from I/O ports instead?

The reason for asking is that a ROM program can't directly access another ROM without a routine to read, previously put into RAM.

It's not a problem, I'm just curious.  :)

Duke

@TFM

I may make it possible to replace M4 rom in a coming upgrade if there's interest for that, this way you could have the receive buffer in your own rom.

TFM

It's a shocking cool system you are applying here.  :)  A MPU feeding the CPC in realtime data by simulating a ROM.  :)  Never thought that this one day will happen.  :)

To be able to 'choose' another ROM would be interesting indeed. Well, I'm really looking forward to use the M4 expansion card. That's IMHO the biggest quantum jump forward in the history of the CPC.  :o
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

SRS

So, the access to SD-Card on a Schneider CPC464 with nothing else connected (like DDI) ....

WORKS !

ha[attachimg=1]

And @EgoTrip : Amy works , too :)

CraigsBar

One question.. If the m4 ROM is moved to slot 6 with amsdos (or parados in 7) are the floppies and the sdcard accessible, and if so which drive letter does the SD card use? |S maybe or |M for SD or Mass Storage accordingly? If this works then this will be perfect.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode