Author Topic: Amstrad CPC WiFi  (Read 119116 times)

Offline Jungsi

• CPC464
    • Jungsis Corner
  • Liked: 7
Re: Amstrad CPC WiFi
« Reply #840 on: 19:51, 27 September 16 »
Great work !  :)  I'am looking forward to have a chat with irc!

Question:
I'am a little bit confused with all the information in this thread how to use the M4 together with X-MEM.
Is there a short description or can someone explain it to me step by step - which ROM belongs to which slot? :-)
I'am using a CPC6128 (german)

Offline Duke

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
    • spinpoint.org
  • Liked: 607
« Reply #841 on: 20:09, 27 September 16 »
Question:
I'am a little bit confused with all the information in this thread how to use the M4 together with X-MEM.
Is there a short description or can someone explain it to me step by step - which ROM belongs to which slot? :-)
I'am using a CPC6128 (german)

The simple method is to disable the romboard function of XMEM and use the 32 (33) romslots of M4 board. There is a jumper below the CPLD on the XMEM, which you can set to NO.

Otherwise:
If you wish to use 64 roms, you will need to go into the webinterface of M4 board and set romslot start position to 32, so that M4 roms will be mapped after XMEM roms.
This will give some issues with the position of the M4 rom and replacing AMSDOS unless you got a CPC6128 which can replace rom 7.

EDIT: I could make a lowerrom replacement for CPC6128 that will ie. use romslot 127 for M4 ROM, if there's interest.
« Last Edit: 20:11, 27 September 16 by Duke »

Offline Takis Kalatzis

• CPC464
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #842 on: 09:06, 01 October 16 »
After the M4 introduction of directories and .dsk files, I decided I needed a disk navigation program to avoid all the typing for changing directories.
I didn't want to start from scratch, so I modified a very nice little program (Disk menu by Joe Halstead) in order to support directory navigation.

I am posting the .BAS code and the converted ASCII file (.TXT) in the hope that other members of the community will find it useful.

Some instructions for use :
- save it in the root folder of the SD card, use cursor keys for navigation
- Space Bar gets inside directories or selects a file for Load,Run. Cancel lets you select another file
- "O" key gets out of a directory
- Since the original program used CAT command and this has not been modified, it probably will not work well with cards having hundreds of files.

Offline remax

• 6128 Plus
  • Liked: 272
« Reply #843 on: 11:42, 01 October 16 »
Nice

Offline dragon

• 6128 Plus
  • Liked: 456
« Reply #844 on: 12:02, 01 October 16 »
One ignorant question. Is posible acces to this?.

http://www.retrocomputers.online/2016/08/20/more-photos-of-viewdata-on-the-amstrad-cpc/

http://www.retrocomputers.online/2013/11/18/lets-take-a-look-at-viewdata/

(Using the m4 offcourse).

Another ignorant cuesti├│n, maybe is posible make the cpc can load the teletext Pages online?.

Example:

http://www.rtve.es/television/teletexto/

I refer to teletext exclusively, not the entire web Page of course.
« Last Edit: 12:05, 01 October 16 by dragon »

Offline anyf33

• CPC464
  • devilmarkus come back
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #845 on: 23:25, 01 October 16 »
After the M4 introduction of directories and .dsk files, I decided I needed a disk navigation program to avoid all the typing for changing directories.
I didn't want to start from scratch, so I modified a very nice little program (Disk menu by Joe Halstead) in order to support directory navigation.

I am posting the .BAS code and the converted ASCII file (.TXT) in the hope that other members of the community will find it useful.

Some instructions for use :
- save it in the root folder of the SD card, use cursor keys for navigation
- Space Bar gets inside directories or selects a file for Load,Run. Cancel lets you select another file
- "O" key gets out of a directory
- Since the original program used CAT command and this has not been modified, it probably will not work well with cards having hundreds of files.

Very good i use it renamed as autoexec.bas , so it is starting when i open my cpc!
one only question how can i exit?
The only trick i found is to load a .s file that gives me "line too long" to exit!
thank you for the .bas file

Offline Takis Kalatzis

• CPC464
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #846 on: 23:43, 01 October 16 »

Very good i use it renamed as autoexec.bas , so it is starting when i open my cpc!
one only question how can i exit?
The only trick i found is to load a .s file that gives me "line too long" to exit!
thank you for the .bas file

Have you tried pressing ESC key twice? It is a general exiting mechanism from basic programs.

Offline Duke

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
    • spinpoint.org
  • Liked: 607
« Reply #847 on: 23:48, 01 October 16 »
Thanks @Takis Kalatzis, very useful.

Offline anyf33

• CPC464
  • devilmarkus come back
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #848 on: 23:52, 01 October 16 »

Have you tried pressing ESC key twice? It is a general exiting mechanism from basic programs.
:o  it works . I feel so noob!  :doh:  but i remerber that there is a way to prevent this. 29 years passed and i dont remember more :laugh:
« Last Edit: 23:54, 01 October 16 by anyf33 »

Offline TFM

• Visit the mysteries of the CPC at www.futureos.de
  • Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • Space Chicken for FutureOS is free!
    • index.php?action=treasury
    • FutureOS - The revolution on CPC!
  • Liked: 1967
« Reply #849 on: 03:32, 02 October 16 »
ON BREAK CONT
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus