News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC WiFi

Started by Duke, 07:36, 07 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke

Quote from: Laurence Morgan on 15:09, 29 October 16
Are these still available for sale?
Yes, just send me a pm with which connector type you need (and your email, so I can get in touch when its ready).
It may take a couple of weeks before it's ready though.

Duke

Quote from: Maniac on 15:18, 29 October 16

Now back to the situation with the original screenshot where the screen is filling up from the bottom. This is with v1.0.9 now.

Should I use the wipe and update referred to earlier please to restore full functionality?

It wont hurt to try, but it sounds like it works fine alone in the MX4 and with cable, so not sure anything is wrong with it.

EDIT: It may be an idea to delete the config files under M4, if anything in those are screwed up.

Maniac

Quote from: Duke on 15:20, 29 October 16
It wont hurt to try, but it sounds like it works fine alone in the MX4 and with cable, so not sure anything is wrong with it.

EDIT: It may be an idea to delete the config files under M4, if anything in those are screwed up.

I'm afraid I already deleted the config files as I remember you saying about that before but it didn't achieve anything I'm afraid.

Unfortunately even with it directly connected via a cable it was doing the same thing (although I've trouble remembering now as I've tried so many things today!) until I disabled the M4 ROM. It was working just fine until today and I've not changed anything before today. I'll give the wipe and reupdate a go and report back.

Thanks for your help as always.

Maniac

Well after a day of chasing my tail I think I've finally found the problem.

All hardware is now working as expected.

The root of the issue ended up being a zero bytes autoexec.bas file that must have been created when I last started SymbOS. Once I deleted this it all works!  :picard:

Duke

Quote from: Maniac on 15:59, 29 October 16
Well after a day of chasing my tail I think I've finally found the problem.

All hardware is now working as expected.

The root of the issue ended up being a zero bytes autoexec.bas file that must have been created when I last started SymbOS. Once I deleted this it all works!  :picard:

Damn, sorry to hear that, but could have been worse of course :)  - Will check it out for the next update and make a check.

Maniac

Quote from: Duke on 16:32, 29 October 16
Damn, sorry to hear that, but could have been worse of course :)  - Will check it out for the next update and make a check.
No worries, it's one of those things and didn't occur to me at first that it might be a problem as not used to this on the Amstrad!

I guess that SymbOS created it when I ran it as I didn't but guess it could have been in one of the zip files for it that I copied to the SD card!

Thanks for all of your help.

SOS

Hi Duke,
possible to change this behaviour?

|cd,"#unsorted"
|cd,"discmag"
works like expected

|cd,"#unsorted/discmag"
works like expected

another test:
|cd,"m4"
|cd,"edenbl~1.dsk"
works like expected

|cd,"m4/edenbl~1.dsk"
brings an error

Thanks & Bye

rcmolina

Hi Duke,

Is easy to implement some kind of wildcard or auto-completion to facilitate command line operations: change directory, etc ?

Thanks!  :D

Joseman

Like the old 4dos command line interpreter did!!

Duke

@SOS noted !
@rcmolina & @Joseman
Not sure if it's easy :) - Please give me som examples of what you'd like.
|dir command already takes wildcards, but typically there would be multiple matches for a wildcard search, how would |cd deal with that?

Lastly, anyone has a link or list to all AMSDOS error codes?

Joseman

Quote from: Duke on 10:30, 30 October 16
@SOS noted !
@rcmolina & @Joseman
Not sure if it's easy :) - Please give me som examples of what you'd like.
|dir command already takes wildcards, but typically there would be multiple matches for a wildcard search, how would |cd deal with that?

Lastly, anyone has a link or list to all AMSDOS error codes?

Hi Duke

If there is a directory called "Marauder"

You type Mar and then press the tab key, the interpreter understand that you want type Marauder and complete it...

If there is "Marauder" and "Maze", and you type "ma", push tab 1 time puts "marauder" press tab another time puts "Maze"

Duke

Thanks, I see. That would require a major hack to the lowerrom, so out of my scope. Something like that should be build into a quick launcher/navigator instead.

00WReX

Hi Duke,

The AmsDOS error codes are in the 6128 users manual, Chapter 7.

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/manuals/AmstradCPC6128-hypertext-en-Sinewalker.pdf

Here is a quick screen grab of the page.

[attachimg=1]

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

rcmolina

My experience when typing is that time is spent mostly changing directories and navigating in a deep structure. So, for me it shall be usefull to use some type of wildcard at the end of the cd command to change to the first dir that matches.

Is this OK for you? I don't know if someone also finds it useful. I don't Know which can be this preferred char, not commonly used to avoid overlapping when using in a real name., may be bang !?

The question is "first one" to be really useful, may be it need to be sorted. So if 3 dirs exist  cpc1 cpc21 cpc2 cpc22345678 , and you type
|cd,"cpc2!" -> changes to cpc2
!cd,"cpc22! -> changes to cpc22345678

If you think this is stupid or unesuful, simply forget it.  :D

SOS

Quote from: rcmolina on 11:04, 30 October 16
The question is "first one" to be really useful, may be it need to be sorted. So if 3 dirs exist  cpc1 cpc21 cpc2 cpc22345678 , and you type
|cd,"cpc2!" -> changes to cpc2
!cd,"cpc22! -> changes to cpc22345678
What about the ms-dos-wildcard * ?
|cd,"cpc2*" -> changes to cpc2
!cd,"cpc22* -> changes to cpc22345678

rcmolina

Quote from: SOS on 13:05, 30 October 16
What about the ms-dos-wildcard * ?
|cd,"cpc2*" -> changes to cpc2
!cd,"cpc22* -> changes to cpc22345678

The perfect option, no doubt The most intuitive one.  :doh:

Laurence Morgan

Quote from: Duke on 15:19, 29 October 16
Yes, just send me a pm with which connector type you need (and your email, so I can get in touch when its ready).
It may take a couple of weeks before it's ready though.

awesome. thank you

Prodatron

Quote from: Joseman on 10:39, 30 October 16
Hi Duke

If there is a directory called "Marauder"

You type Mar and then press the tab key, the interpreter understand that you want type Marauder and complete it...

If there is "Marauder" and "Maze", and you type "ma", push tab 1 time puts "marauder" press tab another time puts "Maze"

This is how TAB-autocomplete works in the SymbOS SymShell (in this case even with the M4):
https://youtu.be/bB6X7V6fVyE?t=1m

For Amsdos you could use the |CD command without a parameter:
First type |CD + [return],
then type MA and then choose MARAUDER or MAZE with [tab] and press [return] again.
That's just an idea how it could be implemented in Amsdos.

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

Prodatron

Quote from: Maniac on 15:59, 29 October 16The root of the issue ended up being a zero bytes autoexec.bas file that must have been created when I last started SymbOS. Once I deleted this it all works!  :picard:
SymbOS shouldn't touch a file like "autoexec.bas". Do you think it destroyed this file?

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

Maniac

Quote from: Prodatron on 13:54, 30 October 16
SymbOS shouldn't touch a file like "autoexec.bas". Do you think it destroyed this file?
I didn't create one or the equivalent .bak file so I think it must have come from one of the SymbOS zip files I extracted to the SD card if the OS doesn't create one.

This is a pure guess as I've not checked the zip files if I'm honest so sorry if this is wrong.

Duke

Here is another small update:
M4 Firmware V1.1.0 Beta 6 - Download http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/M4FIRM_v110b6.zip

• New ESC key fix cat/dir, hope its OK this time @00WReX
  • Started adding proper amsdos error codes(not finished). Ie. file not found will be displayed correctly now.
  • |cd,"path with wildcards", ie |cd,"games/al?en*"  . Will only work on last path and not with DSK files
  • |cd,"somepath/somefile.dsk" . cd into dsk files in remote path.
  • Skip autoexec.bas if 0 bytes (@Maniac!). However it's your own responsiblity file contents are valid, otherwise, crash !
  • Some other stuff I forgot about.
Not very well tested as I am lazy :)  - Let me know if any issues, thanks.

Duke

Quote from: Prodatron on 13:51, 30 October 16
This is how TAB-autocomplete works in the SymbOS SymShell (in this case even with the M4):
https://youtu.be/bB6X7V6fVyE?t=1m

For Amsdos you could use the |CD command without a parameter:
First type |CD + [return],
then type MA and then choose MARAUDER or MAZE with [tab] and press [return] again.
That's just an idea how it could be implemented in Amsdos.
How about C_REBOOTRUN,"path/file" cmd ? :)
This way you could use all the nice features of SymbOS to download, unpack, navigate and even run a amsdos file easily. With a little SymbOS command (ie. run.exe)

rcmolina

Quote from: Duke on 14:48, 30 October 16
Here is another small update:
M4 Firmware V1.1.0 Beta 6 - Download http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/M4FIRM_v110b6.zip

Thanks for your help. You are my hero!!  :P

00WReX

Hi Duke, i just updated to the latest beta.
The ESC to pause function seems better and from a quick check functions as it is supposed to (1x ESC to pause with SPACE to resume).
The only issue I have noticed is that on a large listing, if you pause multiple times and resume each time or in fact completely break after a few pauses, then a list of breaks will appear on the screen ( *Break* ).

e.g.
I paused a 'cat' listing multiple times and resumed it with space.
At the end of the listing I received this.

QuoteReady
*Break*
  *Break*
  *Break*
  *Break*
  *Break*
  *Break*
  *Break*
  *Break*
   *Break*

Cheers,
Shane

Just checked out the wildcard on |CD feature, that is really handy and works well.  ;)

• |cd,"path with wildcards", ie |cd,"games/al?en*"  . Will only work on last path and not with DSK files
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

rpalmer

Any |cd command cannot have wildcards as it would be impossible to know which path to take.
Consider the following:

|cd,"path*"

if the current path location has sub-directories:

path1
path2
path3

which sub-directory do you follow?

Any attempt to change path with an item which is a file within the path is also an error.

For example:

|cd,"./thispath/myfile.txt/file.bin"

where myfile.txt is a file and not a directory.

it is also an error if the last item is a file.

rpalmer