Author Topic: Amstrad CPC WiFi  (Read 157058 times)

francouai and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline AxelStone

• CPC664
  • CPC 464+
  • Liked: 29
Re: Amstrad CPC WiFi
« Reply #1420 on: 22:17, 17 March 17 »
Question: I've read that actually M4 doesn't support multiload games, this is, once a game is loaded dsk can't be accesed. Does this means that games that makes loads in 64kb systems as Robocop, Target Renegade, etc will not work on 464-664-464+?

Thanks.

Offline Duke

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
    • spinpoint.org
  • Liked: 638
« Reply #1421 on: 00:30, 18 March 17 »
Question: I've read that actually M4 doesn't support multiload games, this is, once a game is loaded dsk can't be accesed. Does this means that games that makes loads in 64kb systems as Robocop, Target Renegade, etc will not work on 464-664-464+?
That's incorrect, of course any multiload game that uses systemcalls will work with M4 with the proper configuration. Ie. you can play, Robocop, Gryzor, Prince of Persia, Operation Wolf and tons of other multiload games, without problems. You would have to set M4 rom 7 or use the modified lowerrom for maximum compatilibty.
My estimate is atleast 90% of all games will work, if you use a proper cracked version. Which can be easily found of most games.
If there is any particular game that has much interest and doesn't work on M4, I'd be happy to fix it.

Offline AxelStone

• CPC664
  • CPC 464+
« Reply #1422 on: 00:45, 18 March 17 »
That's incorrect, of course any multiload game that uses systemcalls will work with M4 with the proper configuration. Ie. you can play, Robocop, Gryzor, Prince of Persia, Operation Wolf and tons of other multiload games, without problems. You would have to set M4 rom 7 or use the modified lowerrom for maximum compatilibty.
My estimate is atleast 90% of all games will work, if you use a proper cracked version. Which can be easily found of most games.
If there is any particular game that has much interest and doesn't work on M4, I'd be happy to fix it.

Really a great new, thanks! M4 rom 7 means version of the rom, right? so the best way to use M4 is to get fixed version of games in order to use them in any CPC  :) .

Offline Duke

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
    • spinpoint.org
  • Liked: 638
« Reply #1423 on: 00:55, 18 March 17 »

Really a great new, thanks! M4 rom 7 means version of the rom, right? so the best way to use M4 is to get fixed version of games in order to use them in any CPC  :) .
I meant to get best compatiblity, is to set M4 rom at rom slot 7 (can be done from the web interface). However it cannot be done with all CPC6128's (that don't support overriding rom 7), there you would need to use the modified lowerrom I made.
When downloading games, there is  good resources where you can get a cracked version if a game was protected in some way.

http://www.cpc-power.com/   When you find a game, look for cracked version when downloading, it has it of most games.
http://cpccrackers.free.fr/Downloads/   Lots of good cracks.
http://cngsoft.no-ip.org/cpc_lzx.htm  Great cracked and compressed games
And the games cd from MiguelSky, most I tried works straight up, its generally cracked file versions of the games. Really a good starting point.
So all in all you probably have more than 1000 games working right out of the box.
« Last Edit: 00:57, 18 March 17 by Duke »

Offline AxelStone

• CPC664
  • CPC 464+
« Reply #1424 on: 01:12, 18 March 17 »
Thanks @Duke, as soon as I try my M4 I'll follow your instructions. I've just returned to CPC world after 30 years "retired", so most of those things are new for me  ;)

Offline wilco2009

• CPC664
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #1425 on: 13:11, 18 March 17 »

Hi,
I think I have discovered a bug.

I was trying to copy a floppy disc with the files protected. The FCP command seems to work fine, but when I do a "cat" the result is the first character of the extension of all files is now "/".

Below you can find attached some pictures.

By other hand, I have tested the new |sna command and it is really great!!   :D :D
« Last Edit: 00:24, 20 March 17 by wilco2009 »

Offline kik3

• Speccy
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #1426 on: 15:48, 18 March 17 »
Are you able to implement Multiface style functionality, controlled by the web interface?

Poke addresses into RAM, save memory contents to SD etc...

*dreams*
Ohhhh yeahh, great idea amazing, save games in sna format on real machine so you can play from the same point later would be amazing, is my dream
Please duke

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk

Offline wilco2009

• CPC664
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #1427 on: 00:45, 20 March 17 »

Searching in ebay a case for my M4 interface I have found this one:

http://www.ebay.es/itm/172444920126?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=471287162805&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The size is perfect, the only problem is that the screew holes are not matching, but nothing without solution. Some silicone glue and it is ready,

I have also designed a label for him. If somebody likes it, I have attached the label to this message.

Following pictures are showing the result.

Offline MiguelSky

• 464 Plus
    • CPCGamesCD
  • Liked: 127
« Reply #1428 on: 08:29, 20 March 17 »
Some SNA packs where done. Also for the SymbOS SNA loader. Time to rescue them!
CPCGamesCD contains a folder named sta that contains a good bunch of sna files, and many of them are yours, KaosOverride ;)

EDIT: Here is the sna collection
« Last Edit: 08:40, 20 March 17 by MiguelSky »

Offline tpenalver

• CPC464
    • lws Soft Blog
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #1429 on: 09:37, 20 March 17 »
Do they display wrong when using |LS command too ?  - I haven't noticed it personally, perhaps you can give me names of those directories.
Ie. put the microSD in the PC and open a dos prompt and do dir E: >cat.txt     (or whatever drive letter your PC uses).

Hello,

With the command | ls also went wrong, in the pc directories were shown well and without problems. I have formatted the SD card and everything looks good again and running at 100%.

I guess something happened on the SD card