Author Topic: Amstrad CPC WiFi  (Read 150722 times)

Offline GUNHED

• CPC664
  • Liked: 40
Re: Amstrad CPC WiFi
« Reply #1840 on: 19:44, 25 October 17 »
Hi there!

Is it possible to deactivate (maybe a jumper?) the feature of the M4 to reset the CPC? It's no fun if you go to a meeting and somebody makes fun out of you to reset your CPC (just because you don't look at this guy sitting at a laptop and laughing... ehm hacking your CPC I mean).

Offline Duke

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
    • spinpoint.org
  • Liked: 636
« Reply #1841 on: 20:08, 25 October 17 »
Is it possible to deactivate (maybe a jumper?) the feature of the M4 to reset the CPC? It's no fun if you go to a meeting and somebody makes fun out of you to reset your CPC (just because you don't look at this guy sitting at a laptop and laughing... ehm hacking your CPC I mean).
When you leave for the meeting, do |wifi,0 to turn off the WiFi and |wifi,1 when you are back :)
I could implement a password for the web server, sometime ....

Offline GUNHED

• CPC664
« Reply #1842 on: 12:52, 26 October 17 »
Thanks! I was not aware that it's that easy.  :)

Offline CraigsBar

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • The party ain't over yet
    • index.php?action=treasury
  • Liked: 1042
« Reply #1843 on: 00:17, 06 November 17 »
This may have been asked before but is there any possibility of cpm support for the mass storage? And perhaps WiFi?

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3t using Tapatalk

Offline Duke

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
    • spinpoint.org
« Reply #1844 on: 21:50, 14 November 17 »

Because of the two new very cool CPC plus demos from roudoudou & overflow, I had to make a small firmware update to support 512KB CPR's.

Both demos now run with M4 firmware v2.0.4 beta 8: Download from http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/M4FIRM_v204b8.zip

If wanting to use 512KB CPR (cartridges images) you will have to sacrifice the upper 16 roms of the M4 romboard.
To do this, go to ROMS and tick "only 16 roms" (your upper 16 roms will be lost).
If this option is not ticked, only the first 256KB of the CPR image will be used (enough for all commercial games)

23964-0

Also added the ability to upload and start cartridges from the webinterface - soon to be added to cpcxfer aswell.
Remember to do a M4 reboot after uploading a .CPR/.BIN cartridge image, before it will be programmed into the M4 flash.

No other additions or fixes this time (sorry!), work keeping me too busy. I just had to watch these new amazing productions on the real hardware :)

@CraigsBar:
Sorry for late reply, but I wanted to dig a bit more into it before giving a reply.
From what I reversed from AMSDOS rom, it should be possible to have CPM with M4 mass-storage support with some effort.
Easist would be to just support .DSK images for running CPM. A bit more work to add support to the FAT32 fs, but surely also possible.
However, not sure I can be motivated to do the effort for 1 or 2 people. Is anyone using CPM much these days on CPC?

EDIT:
cpcxfer updated too (v2.0.3)
To upload a cartridge image, use:
xfer -c <ipnum> filename
To program it:
xfer -r <ipnum>
To start it when done
xfer -p <ipnum>

Ie:
Code: [Select]
xfer -c 10.0.0.38 Eerie_Forest_(Logon_System_2017).cpr
xfer -r 10.0.0.38
xfer -p 10.0.0.38
Lastly updated the beta 8 archive, as I found a bug when uploading via webinterface (probably noone downloaded it yet..).
« Last Edit: 23:27, 14 November 17 by Duke »

Offline GUNHED

• CPC664
« Reply #1845 on: 18:46, 16 November 17 »
Well, I would be interested in CP/M support too. If you like I can provide the CP/M Plus source code with support for the Dobbertin hard-disc.  :)

Offline SOS

• Supporter
  • CPC6128
  • Identity lost
  • Liked: 97
« Reply #1846 on: 10:32, 20 November 17 »
Christmas is coming soon and I have something on my wish list:  :D
In the ROM-List of Web-Frontend, there are buttons "Remove" / "Upload".
Is it possible to add "Disable" / "Enable" and see the actual status of the Rom ("enabled")?
(Thanks ;-) )

Offline SOS

• Supporter
  • CPC6128
  • Identity lost
  • Liked: 97
« Reply #1847 on: 12:02, 20 November 17 »
2 compatibility-questions:
- M4 + XMEM:
  I can't get it together. I've tested:
  Switch M4-Config-Site - switch off "Enabled".
  XMEM: The ROM-Active-Jumper: Change it on every possible position.
  (maybe interesting: without M4 and open jumper on the XMEM, the ROMS are partial loaded (Screen corrupt, but e.g.|maxam works)).
- Has anyone the M4-Card and ACMEDOS with a CF-Card in use?
  I only can get them to function, if i use a DOM instead of a CF-Card.
  Without M4 and with XMEM the CF-Card works :o

Thanks

Offline GUNHED

• CPC664
« Reply #1848 on: 19:16, 20 November 17 »
- M4 + XMEM:

Works fine here. No ROMs on the M4.

ACME-DOS was made for the X-MASS using the DOM, nothing else. Try SymbOS instead and report if it works. Else you have to make a hardware check. Good luck.  :)

Offline Duke

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
    • spinpoint.org
« Reply #1849 on: 00:28, 21 November 17 »
If you like I can provide the CP/M Plus source code with support for the Dobbertin hard-disc.  :)

Thanks. For now I will not need it, as if I ever do it, it wont be anytime soon ;) - Noted 2 persons are interested!

In the ROM-List of Web-Frontend, there are buttons "Remove" / "Upload".
Is it possible to add "Disable" / "Enable" and see the actual status of the Rom ("enabled")?

Sure.
You can already use |romset,romnum,0 to disable a rom and |romset,romnum,1 to re-enable it. Will add it to the web-interface when I give the rom part a needed overhaul anyway.

- M4 + XMEM:
  I can't get it together. I've tested:
  Switch M4-Config-Site - switch off "Enabled".
  XMEM: The ROM-Active-Jumper: Change it on every possible position.
  (maybe interesting: without M4 and open jumper on the XMEM, the ROMS are partial loaded (Screen corrupt, but e.g.|maxam works)).
  I only can get them to function, if i use a DOM instead of a CF-Card.
  Without M4 and with XMEM the CF-Card works :o

M4 + XMEM
The normal way, would be to disable romboard function of XMEM, using the the "Read ROM" jumper, setting it to no.
However if you have a CPC where you can replace ROM7 (ie. 464/464+/6128+), you can set M4 rom to 7 and make no other roms are uploaded (M4 will only drive roms that are uploaded and enabled).
Thus you could use the roms of the XMEM instead, which does not drive ROM7.
You can also move the M4 romboard start position to 32, so the roms come right after XMEM roms, but you will need the M4 to be initialized somehow to use mass storage (ROM7 would work if possible).
If you switch off enabled in "ROMS" setup of M4, that means M4 rom will not be enabled.

M4 + XMASS

Not having an XMASS, I haven't done any tests, but the logical way to do it, would be:
M4 < XMASS < AMSDOS
Ie. M4 rom to 5
Xmass (acmedos) rom in 6
AMSDOS in rom 7

Now when you boot up, M4 will have the amsdos jump vectors (last initialized), if you do |disc, you theoretically should shift to XMASS. Use |SD to switch back to M4.
Hmm probably not what you asked, CF-card vs DOM, maybe a power consumption issue?