News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad DDI-1 and MotherX4

Started by TotO, 13:04, 23 August 15

Previous topic - Next topic

TotO

As requested by many CPC 464 users, here a way to plug the Amstrad DDI-1 at end of the MotherX4.
Two parts here: A ribbon cable (SCSI like) and the edge adapter. Note that is better to power it using the MotherX4 PSU jack.

Last but not least, it allow to use Edge expansions on a Centronics CPC w/ or w/o MotherX4.  8)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

woody.cool

Nice, that answers the questions I had about Mother X4 & DDI-1
Oh, and Payday is around the corner  :D

gerald

A 464 setup is already quite wide, with this it will be quite deep as well ;D

CraigsBar

Quote from: gerald on 17:51, 23 August 15
A 464 setup is already quite wide, with this it will be quite deep as well ;D
But also....

Quite powerful
Quite Usable

and above all

Quite Desirable.

Damn I'm envious of this setup. when you have it, you wanna swap it for my spare 6128 plus? ;)

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

CPC_Fan

I thought that I had first refusal on your spare 6128 plus Craig?

CPC_Fan

Quote from: TotO on 13:04, 23 August 15
As requested by many CPC 464 users, here a way to plug the Amstrad DDI-1 at end of the MotherX4.
Two parts here: A ribbon cable (SCSI like) and the edge adapter. Note that is better to power it using the MotherX4 PSU jack.

Last but not least, it allow to use Edge expansions on a Centronics CPC w/ or w/o MotherX4.  8)

Nice work Tot0. Will you be selling them in your store at some point in the future at all?

CraigsBar

Quote from: CPC_Fan on 21:59, 23 August 15
I thought that I had first refusal on your spare 6128 plus Craig?
Damn, Too many threads.... Well it was worth a chance LOL I have to dye the 464 plus first then get @Bryce to find 1 spare week or two to mod it :)

Where does the time go to? I really miss time when I was younger and a Month was L--O--N--G time, let alone a year. TOday time races by and nothing seems to get done :(

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

CPC_Fan

Yeah that's ok. I only asked, as I haven't been able to get much time to read the forum recently and thought that you had dyed the 464 plus and was therefore ready to sell the 6128 plus.

Yep I would like to know where the time goes as well....  :)

TotO

Quote from: CPC_Fan on 22:02, 23 August 15
Nice work TotO. Will you be selling them in your store at some point in the future at all?
Yes. I will try to update my website in the week.  8)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

CPC_Fan

Excellent. They should sell well.

archcosmo

Hi TotO

looks good, but any plans to make some right angle adapters for the MotherX4 board as well?

something like what zaxon made for sale at the end of 2014:
Adapter for mx4 board

[attach=2]
cheers

TotO

Sure, I can. But understand that using a ribbon cable avoid the MotherX4 to climb to the expansion.  ;D 

archcosmo

yeah, that's true  - maybe some short plastic standoffs would be useful on the MotherX4's PCB mounting holes!

cheers

TotO

Now online: MX4-Edge adapter - Cent Pour Cent   ;D

- 4.90€ for the adapter only
- 7.90€ with MX4-MX4 cable (SCSI like)
- 9.90€ with MX4-Centronics cable (same as MotherX4)

TFM

Nice present for our CPC6128's 30st birthday!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

260Z

Audronic

Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

260Z

Quote from: Audronic on 01:15, 28 May 19

Hi Tot0

The link is unwell.

Ray

Yea, if I read correctly on another CPC site, he stopped using that due to PayPal issues??. Need to chase him up directly now.

Rob

Audronic

Finally found out What ACME is ?

Arnold Computer Multi-Expansions

http://www.centpourcent.net

will get you to the site.

But not to the Ddi-1 and Mother 4 ?

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

TotO

I have to reorder PCB for building adapters to plug the DDI-1 to the MotherX4.