News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad Spares now available (ULAs, CPUs, RAM, CRTC)

Started by Spirantho, 18:10, 07 August 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirantho

Hi everybody,

Please forgive the spam :)

http://www.mutant-caterpillar.co.uk/shop/index.php?cPath=65

I've updated my "spares" section of my shop again. It now has more Amstrad components, including brand new-old-stock ULAs, both 40007 and 40010!
If anyone knows where I can find 40226 pre-ASIC or 40489 ASIC chips please let me know as I'd like to have them on my shop too. :)

I'll be putting them up on eBay too at some point (though at a higher price because of eBay fees) and SellMyRetro Buy and Sell Retro Electronics Home Computers Arcade and Video Games too.

Any other suggestions for my spares section please ask!

Spam over. :)
Ian Gledhill
Mutant Caterpillar Games Ltd Retro Store for repairs and sales of 8-bit and 16-bit retro systems and software

Bryce

Virtual slapping for spamming on our Forum...     Cool, I didn't know you had Spectrum +3 ASICs on offer, I was looking for one of those recently. :)

Bryce.

Spirantho

Virtual "Ouch" for being slapped :) I hope it's useful to people to know that there is now a ready supply of Amstrad ULAs for 464 and 6128s, though.

As for the +3 ASICs, I only got them in with the other Amstrad ULAs yesterday; that's why you didn't find any before. :)

Edit: just noticed that a similar post I made to the Amstrad.es forums has been edited to remove the link to my shop. I'm very glad you don't do that here - after all, I thought people would want there to be somewhere to go to to buy things like ULAs! Thanks for not deleting my post and allowing the spam. :)
Ian Gledhill
Mutant Caterpillar Games Ltd Retro Store for repairs and sales of 8-bit and 16-bit retro systems and software

Bryce

Well I don't count a link to retro spares to be spam. It's not like you linked to something completely off topic. Your link is welcome to stay.

Bryce.

Spirantho

Thank you!

That's what I couldn't work out... I thought I was helping Amstrad people by providing a spares service (and tracking down and buying those spares) as part of my business so it was a bit galling to not be able to tell anyone that they were available!
At least people know here, anyway :)
Ian Gledhill

Bryce

I have tonnes of spares here too, but I don't usually sell them, they are only for my own repairs, although if someone needs one I usually offer them what I have (µPD765, SED, RAM, ULA's, CPUs, AY's and 8255's and most types of CRTC).

Bryce.

Gryzor

Way too late, but why on earth would we remove such a link? I'd even allow it if someone from Amazon came here and placed a link to their products if they were relevant. Doesn't make any sense censoring such stuff...