News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad testing at Level Up - Canterbury

Started by Neil79, 18:07, 01 September 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil79

Went over to Level Up in Canterbury to buy another colour Monitor to go with the Amstrad CPC 464, ended up testing other Amstrads as he wasn't sure if they worked or not. Showed him how to load a tape, tested the games, he's happy and I got a good deal on the Monitor and Alien - Amsoft  :o

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Neil79

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

||C|-|E||

It seems an amazing place to go and spend the salary of one month!

Bryce

Only one month?? I'd empty the shop!

Bryce.

Neil79

Quote from: Bryce on 19:39, 01 September 15
Only one month?? I'd empty the shop!

Bryce.

:) A lot of it is console based, however I did buy a ton of C64/ZX Spectrum games, not so many Amstrad as I had many of the good ones already :D But there are still some left I believe

Bryce

Don't think I've ever been in Canterbury. Maybe it's time for a visit :)

Did you find any disks for your newly repaired drive?

Bryce.

Neil79

Quote from: Bryce on 20:24, 01 September 15
Don't think I've ever been in Canterbury. Maybe it's time for a visit :)

Did you find any disks for your newly repaired drive?

Bryce.

Yep

5 games that didn't work previously, even before the drive went bust are now working. Some are still failing though, which I believe are the disks

Bryce

Result!

Your drive is as close to 300RPM as possible (299RPM) and the head was still giving a strong signal, so if anything doesn't load it can only be the disk.

Bryce.

Neil79

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 20:32, 01 September 15
Result!

Your drive is as close to 300RPM as possible (299RPM) and the head was still giving a strong signal, so if anything doesn't load it can only be the disk.

Bryce.

Well, or the head is slightly off, that happens more often. Guess nearly all of us having multiple 3" drives know the phenomenon that a disc runs with one drive, but harder or not at all with another drive.

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

CPC_Fan

Great find there Neil. I haven't heard of Level Up before. Must try and visit it next time I am in Canterbury. Where abouts is it?

Neil79

Quote from: CPC_Fan on 22:03, 01 September 15
Great find there Neil. I haven't heard of Level Up before. Must try and visit it next time I am in Canterbury. Where abouts is it?

Go to the entrance to Canterbury Cathedral, turn straight right, keep going and you should see it on your left. If you've gone past the church on your right, you've gone too far

Bryce

Quote from: TFM on 21:20, 01 September 15

Well, or the head is slightly off, that happens more often. Guess nearly all of us having multiple 3" drives know the phenomenon that a disc runs with one drive, but harder or not at all with another drive.

The drive was completely calibrated and tested with a range of disks I use, commercial and saved from other drives. The head is stop-on, in fact it didn't need to be adjusted.

Bryce.

CPC_Fan

Quote from: Neil79 on 22:05, 01 September 15

Go to the entrance to Canterbury Cathedral, turn straight right, keep going and you should see it on your left. If you've gone past the church on your right, you've gone too far

Thanks Neil.

ivarf

Beeing a 464 man myself, I have a feeling there is little point collecting original discs. Tapes on the other hand works

260Z

Quote from: ivarf on 23:41, 01 September 15
Beeing a 464 man myself, I have a feeling there is little point collecting original discs......

One of these will fix that  ;D