Author Topic: AMX mouse USB - just a new batch and videos... see the end  (Read 1223 times)

Offline talrek

• CPC6128
  • Liked: 162
So,
it's been a long time and one of ||C|-|E||'s  video

So it gave me the envy to make one myself, to see what people can do with the Bryce's USB Mouse Adapter  :o

If you have videos of in-game or other application, i'm interested in that.

And btw i have a small quantity of adapters :laugh: : 25€ each + 2,50€ for france, 6,50€ for worlwide
« Last Edit: 18:52, 05 March 17 by talrek »

Offline Bryce

• The Hardware Guy.
  • Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • It's not broken, it just hasn't been fixed yet.
    • index.php?action=treasury
  • Liked: 2927
Nice to see that you're still building them. I may still have the video from when I tested the original prototype with OCP.

Bryce.

Gesendet von meinem Motorola DynaTAC 8000X mit Tapatalk.

Offline JonB

• 464 Plus
  • Liked: 120
Looks good!
« Last Edit: 08:42, 07 March 17 by JonB »

Offline ||C|-|E||

• Administrator
  • 6128 Plus
    • Mundo CPC
  • Liked: 885
It is definitely a very cool piece of hardware that makes handling a lot of apps much faster and easier. I always have mine connected  :D

Offline keith56

• Writer of Evil Z80 code!
  • Supporter
  • CPC6128
    • Chibi Akuma(s)
Do we have any example ASM code of how to read an AMX mouse properly - I understand it works like a weird joystick - but I've never owned one to know what they actually do!
Chibi Akuma(s) - A New Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter for Amstrad CPC: http://www.chibiakumas.com
「チビ悪魔」可笑しいゴシックSTG: http://www.chibiakuma.com

Offline talrek

• CPC6128
Nice to see that you're still building them. I may still have the video from when I tested the original prototype with OCP.

Bryce.

Well... yes i still produce some in very little quantities near  20 a year  :laugh: or on demand.
For me it is a really useful device, for some games, utilities or under SymbOs, FutureOs for example.
Between this adapter and the Dk'tronics clone adapter, i choose yours !!!! i use it more often (it is always connected).

Offline Tolkin

• CPC664
  • Liked: 23
Hy Talrek,
i try your device this Weekend and i´m still in love. (With the little Hardware-thing on my CPC  :D )
I played Arkanoid, and Just a few secods ago Rock n Roll for two hours. And it plays perfect!
I tried a few games like 1943, Scramble Spirits, Flying Shark and other Shmups, which works good, other feeling, but good.

At first i have to found a PS2 compatible Mouse. My Logitech and a few other wont work, because they are not PS2 compatible.

Is there a chart where compatible Mice are checked.
Mine is a Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1A and it worked perfect.
The OEM Logitech (HP) MSU 1053 i tried before are not working.
Or does somone know how can we check before buying, if a mouse is compatible?

Thanks for the Mouse Adapte :)

Offline Tolkin

• CPC664
Hy,
i just tried my self build Aimtrak Light gun... It is not PS2-Mouse compatible :( So it does not work...

Would be funny playing Operation Wolf with a I/R Light Gun...

Offline Bryce

• The Hardware Guy.
  • Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • It's not broken, it just hasn't been fixed yet.
    • index.php?action=treasury
  • Liked: 2927
Any two or three button mouse with or without scrollwheel should work. It will have problems with mice that have extra features like lots of extra buttons or hi-res gaming modes, because they rarely support legacy P/S2 Mode and would require its own driver.

Bryce.

Offline Tolkin

• CPC664