News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

AMX mouse USB - just a new batch and videos... see the end

Started by talrek, 17:47, 05 March 17

Previous topic - Next topic

keith56

Quote from: Bryce on 15:26, 16 March 17
There's no real programming required. It more or less just emulates the joystick inputs, so moving the mouse X millimeters to the right would be the equivalent of pushing a joystick X amount of times to the right and so on.

Bryce.

Just gave the mouse dongle a go on my 6128,  and it works great! I knew that it plugged into the Joystick port, but I assumed that it would need more reprogramming to make it work well, but I gave my game a quick play and it seems pretty nice without any modification - I was also rather surprised to see the mouse wheel works! great stuff!

talrek's version of the dongle has a USB port, so I had to use a weird USB->PS2 dongle for my ps2 mouse (which they sell over in japan for the 'ichigo Jam' pi-alike mini pc) - I also tried a second random USB mouse I bought from the 2nd hand shop and it worked fine too.

Really nice bit of kit!
Chibi Akumas: Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter!
Learn ARM, 8086, Z80, 6502 or 68000 with my tutorials: www.assemblytutorial.com
My Assembly programming book is available now on amazon!

Bryce

Thanks. Yes, it auto detects the scrollwheel and activates it if present. My original version included a jumper to disable this if it was causing problems with any software, but I'm not sure if Talrek included that on his version.
There was also a version with PS/2 connector on the PCB, but I only made a limited number of those before I switched to USB.

Bryce.

keith56

Quote from: Bryce on 14:30, 02 April 17
Thanks. Yes, it auto detects the scrollwheel and activates it if present. My original version included a jumper to disable this if it was causing problems with any software, but I'm not sure if Talrek included that on his version.

It looks like he included it - There's a Jumper on the board, so I assume that is what it does
Chibi Akumas: Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter!
Learn ARM, 8086, Z80, 6502 or 68000 with my tutorials: www.assemblytutorial.com
My Assembly programming book is available now on amazon!

Bryce

talrek

Quote from: Bryce on 08:06, 04 April 17
Most likely then. Give it a try.

Bryce.

Yes Bryce i kept your little switch  :laugh:

Bryce

Good to know. Some people who have manufactured things I designed decide to remove or add certain features. I wasn't sure if you had done this.

Bryce.

roudoudou

ordered an interface, i'm waiting for the package now

i cant wait to use it with OCP !
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

talrek

Hi,
ok i have just a few left (3), i think it will be all for 2017 (except if there is really a lot of demands  :laugh:)
same thing for multiface clone, i have 4 left and it will be all for 2017  ;D I decided, to slow down a while, just want to share more time with my family ;-)

roudoudou

Hi, is the green LED supposed to be ON when USB plugged?

I tried with an optical mouse without success. I need a PS2 -> USB converter to try again with a ball mouse.
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

Bryce

When you plug the mouse in the LED should flash once for exactly 1 second when the mouse has been initialised. After that it will flash every time you move the mouse or press a button. If the LED stays on permanently or continually flashes after the mouse is connected, then the mouse isn't compatible.

Bryce.

talrek

Quote from: Bryce on 08:06, 15 May 17
When you plug the mouse in the LED should flash once for exactly 1 second when the mouse has been initialised. After that it will flash every time you move the mouse or press a button. If the LED stays on permanently or continually flashes after the mouse is connected, then the mouse isn't compatible.

Bryce.

Hi, well in some case, it happened the led was not flashing and the mouse was not compatible.  :)

Bryce

Quote from: talrek on 09:27, 15 May 17
Hi, well in some case, it happened the led was not flashing and the mouse was not compatible.  :)

Yes, there are two error states. Case one: The mouse responds to the handshake, but the mouse type that it reported is unknown/unsupported by the mouse adapter. This causes the permanent 1 second flash.
Case 2: The mouse doesn't respond to the handshake at all. This won't cause the LED to flash, but the initial single 1 second flash doesn't happen either.
I originally made two different error states for my debugging, so that I knew where things were going wrong. But it would be possible to make both errors cause a permanent 1 second flash.

Bryce.

talrek

Hi,
just to let you know, i have two remaining interfaces from this batch.
One is built, i must build and test the last.

If someone is interested, let me know :
price 25€
Shipment for france = 3€, EU = 6€, Worlwide = 6,5€

2 remaining !

dirtybb

Quote from: talrek on 11:39, 21 February 18
Hi,
just to let you know, i have two remaining interfaces from this batch.
One is built, i must build and test the last.

If someone is interested, let me know :
price 25€
Shipment for france = 3€, EU = 6€, Worlwide = 6,5€

2 remaining !
Hi :)
Will take one, with french shipping.

I Will send you a PM tonight when back home

Regards

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

talrek

Quote from: dirtybb on 12:54, 21 February 18
Hi :)
Will take one, with french shipping.

I Will send you a PM tonight when back home

Regards

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Only one remaining now.

Envoyé de mon SM-A320FL en utilisant Tapatalk

Morri

Keeping it Kiwi since 1977

talrek

Quote from: Morri on 00:50, 22 February 18
I'll take it if still available please.
So you'll be the last.

Envoyé de mon SM-A320FL en utilisant Tapatalk

Morri

Keeping it Kiwi since 1977

talrek

Hi,
if there are people interested, i can make a new batch, but there must be at least 7 orders (max 12). Here is the list :

• msmthng x2 Interface Sent
  • tjohnson x1 Interface Sent
  • adolfo.pa x1 Interface Sent
  • Remax x1  Interface Sent
  • Asertus x1 Interface Sent
  • DirtyBB x1  Email sent
  • kribjo x1   Interface Sent
  • NiNxPe x1 Email sent
  • Hergoth x1 Interface Sent
  • Patrick x1 Interface Sent
  • Kris x1 Interface Sent
Remaining : 0

tjohnson

Hey Talrek, please add me to the list for a mouse adapter.  Thanks Trevor

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

adolfo.pa

remax

I looked for months, but i think i've lost the one you sold me 4 years ago... So yeah, one for me please.
Brain Radioactivity

talrek

7 reached,
i will launch the batch this afternoon. It should available in 3-4 weeks, except if there are delays due to chinese new year for the PCB.

kribjo

Hi Talrek,

Please add me to list if possible. Thank you.

Regards,

Bjørn