News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Anyone have motherboard MC0044A

Started by morley27, 14:28, 11 February 13

Previous topic - Next topic

morley27

Hi all,

Does anyone have motherboard a MC0044A? Do you have any available for sale? Need one to bring my cpc464 to life,

Destroyed mine the other day trying to replace Z80 chips, it's beyonf repair,

Anyhelp would be much grateful.

00WReX

Quote from: morley27 on 14:28, 11 February 13
Hi all,

Does anyone have motherboard a MC0044A? Do you have any available for sale? Need one to bring my cpc464 to life,

Destroyed mine the other day trying to replace Z80 chips, it's beyonf repair,

Anyhelp would be much grateful.

Sorry I do not have a spare MC0044A main board.

Just a bit interested in you saying you destroyed yours when trying to replace the Z80 ?

The Z80 is in a socket so I would not think you would destroy the board by replacing just the Z80.

Do you actually mean another IC ? or the RAM ? as you do say "chips"...

Sorry, just a bit confused on what happened.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

00WReX

Also, if you were thinking of throwing this board in the bin, I would be interested in taking a look at it.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

morley27

Thanks for your help, I managed to find someone who has a working board, I sent him my broken one for parts.

It was z80 chip, I was rushing to get it done, I had bent the intial chip plugging it in the socket, so decided to take the chip socket out and made an absolute pigs ear of it, scratching the board and all sorts,

endangermice

Ah you'd still be able to fix that. I got a 6128 recently that someone had botched in an attempt to socket the OS rom. It took ten wire links but I got her up and running in the end, thanks to Bryce and his encouragement!
For all the latest Starquake remake news check out my website - www.endangermice.co.uk