News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

asking about a 6128 price

Started by megaloser, 10:08, 19 August 18

Previous topic - Next topic

megaloser

Greetings to all,May i ask for your wisdom on cpc prices, in my search i have found a cpc with colour monitor, a dozen diskettes and a simple joystick all at the price of 210 euros (188.48gbp as of right now) and picking it up would cost around around 25 euros (22.44gbp) summing a 235 euros (210gbp).I know that is a cost in the range of "buy it now" on ebay and i only have a few months of experience with what is expected in general, is the asked price crazy? Should i keep looking or is it a bit high but still within reason?

megaloser

Oh and i sould mention both the keyboard and colour monitor are in a very good condition, no dents or scratches and the metal part on the keyboard is mostly fine.neither are a stripe model.

SOS

IMHO it's an high Price,
Is the CPC technical in a good condition?, means it "runs?"
Is the drive-belt changed? If not, add approx 6-12 gbp to buy a belt.
Do you want to have a Monitor? Other possibility is, buy an 6128 without Monitor and a PSU+scart-cable (saves space on your desk).
IMHO Floppy-Disks are not very necessary, but you Need some (5 up to 10).
A modern Mass-Storage-device (Gotek/HXC, M4, XMASS) is more helpful, but you will have additional costs (Device, Adapter/cables, PSU).

tjohnson

Prices are all over the place.  Pickup only tends to be alot cheaper than when offering postage as it limits the market significantly.

megaloser

Thank you for your responses. The computer turns on and works, as proven in pictures and i'm sure it has not been maintained in a long time so there are extra costs there, as you well mention.
Yes it's a local pickup only situation so it is a good point to expect a more sensible price than that.have a good day.

dionisisg

Hello, 210 euros seems a bit high but i have seen it going for more in ebay, here in Greece you may find a complete CPC (main unit, color monitor + a bunch of disks) for a 100 euros or less. It was a very popular computer back in the day and a lot of people still have them in pristine condition.

LambdaMikel

IMHO I think that price is OK - given that it include the monitor. It should include shipping / postage though.
Everything should be working though, AND it should be in good condition. Including the drive (also not difficult to fix).

dionisisg

these prices are for local pickup only and most people here wont ship something this bulky because courier companies will want your kidney as a payment, as for the drive it depends as i recently found out the hard way, look here my "sad" story

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/general-discussion/hello-to-everyone!/

megaloser

Thank you all helping me decide that i should wait for a cheaper offer.
sorry about your FD dionisisg hope you get a set of parts soon.

Gryzor

Indeed that was quite a bit, those whining about the price of retro stuff should see what people are charging here in Greece :D

dionisisg

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:16, 20 August 18
Indeed that was quite a bit, those whining about the price of retro stuff should see what people are charging here in Greece :D

I kind of disagree, yes amigas and ataris have pretty steep prices and if you put out of the equation the moron on insomnia.gr that wants a kidney a liver and a heart to sell his cpc , pretty good deals come by quite often.

LambdaMikel

IMHO a working (and in good condition) 6128 is worth about ~ 80 €; same for CTM monitor.