News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Best gamepad for the Amstrad CPC?

Started by mr_lou, 15:08, 27 January 13

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_lou

So I got my Amstrad CPC+ now. Sadly I haven't had the chance to spend a whole lot of time with it yet, but have been trying out a few things, including the gamepad.

I've always used joysticks, more specifically Wico joysticks, for Amstrad gaming. But gamepads have intrigued me, because the Nintendo NES 8bit ones were quite nice.

So I figured these CPC+ gamepads would be somewhat similar, but they're definitely not. So I gotta ask:

What is the best gamepad for the CPC? Maybe there aren't any other? Has anyone ever hacked other gamepads to make them work for the CPC?

ced64k

Master system gamepad are compatible.

Gryzor

Quote from: ced64kMaster system gamepad are compatible.
...and quite good, as far as chocolate-bar gamepads go...

TotO

The Master System Pad is, like most (DB9 controllers), only compatible with one fire button.
You need to make a little adapter that swap 2 wires to allow to use the both buttons.
The best is to get CPC+ gamepads, as the directions cross is more sharp.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Bryce

It's a CPC+ pad he has and isn't happy with at the moment. He's looking for a better solution.

Bryce.

TotO

OK... But, the Master System pad is worst.  ;D

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

mr_lou

I remember the Master System Pad. I found it alright. Actually slightly better than the CPC+ pad, as far as I remember.

But the Nintendo NES pads were awesome.

Bryce

I didn't touch the Gamepad when I had your system here, so it might just need a good cleaning. Or is it the ergonomics of it that you don't like?

Bryce.

mr_lou

I think it's the  ergonomics.

And I can probably blame my Donkey Kong II game that I kinda grew up with. Those Game & Watch games just had awesome controls.  :)