News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Bluetooth on CPC

Started by fano, 20:02, 30 July 12

Previous topic - Next topic

fano

WTF is this new peripherial on my dev PC  ;D

The reply is there : Connecting a Bluetooth module to the CPC Booster+ | The Amstrad CPC news portal

A great thanks to Octoate for this great trick , now you can use a CPC booster without a COM or USB port and without cable ! (and for only something like  10€)

PS: please note it requires a CPCbooster.
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

Bryce

Seriously cool! :)

Bryce.

TotO

Nice, you can "prepare your engine", now!  ;D
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Gryzor

Cool indeed... worth the effort for the screenshot alone! :D

endangermice

That is amazing and has made my day! Today has consisted of getting incredibly frustrated trying to configure a WCF web service. At many points I wished that technology could go back to the good old days when things were nice and simple and didn't rely on such atrocities as XML configuration files. Seeing tech like this on old systems gives me a modicum of hope that perhaps we can throw away all of this nonsense new technology and go back to the old stuff!
For all the latest Starquake remake news check out my website - www.endangermice.co.uk

Ynot.zer0

I like that... I like that a lot....

sadly, I do not have a CPCBooster+ and don't know where to get one from (or if they are even available anymore).  Is there any other way of having this sort of thing available?

*nudge*nudge*wink*wink* Mr.Bryce?  8)

Bryce

I can't make you one, but I can tell you where to get one. Eliots CPC Parts Site sells them for a mere €35:

CPC Parts : Parts for your Amstrad

Bryce.

Ynot.zer0

thanks! order placed....

(now I might be able to get my Arduino to finally be able to talk to my CPC and use the CPC to display graphically some information that it's being passed)

Bryce

Using a CPC to debug an Arduino is very cool. Great idea.

Bryce.

fano

Quote from: TotO on 23:24, 30 July 12
Nice, you can "prepare your engine", now!  ;D
yep , still a bit of patience and i'll start the real work.For now i am close to my old dream of remote debugging on PC for CPC  ;)

btw ,
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

Octoate

Yay, can't wait for the release  :D...
--

TFM

Somebody using the Bluetooth-CPC-Booster+ combination on a regualar base? What's your experience?
I bought the Bluetooth modules, but had no chance to try it up to now.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

HAL6128

...if've connected the CPC Booster (and Bluetooth) with the MegaFlash and the Arkos ROM Pack installed. Uhhh, don't know anymore if I've used the Arkos ROM Pack or run the file from DSK (downloaded both from Arkos webpage). Different versions. One of them didn't work... one did ...and transfered a PC DSK file without problem to the CPC. But I hadn't the chance till now to do further things....
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

Bryce

Cool. How long did it take to transfer an entire DSK file?

Bryce.

HAL6128

There are no differences between null-modem wire or bluetooth in case of speed. I mean, I didn't measure time, that's more a feeling after compared both possibilities. It took about ~40/45 seconds for a whole disc to transfer it to a CPC. Reading a disc from CPC to PC is much faster 20/25 seconds. (Humans mostly tend to estimate wrong timings ...have to measure  :) )
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

TFM

Great! I'm looking forward to set up my system :-)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus