News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

C4CPC 3D printed cartridge

Started by gerald, 12:08, 16 January 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Executioner

The only issue I have with my printed cartridge case is it's very difficult to remove the Micro-SD. Not that I want to be doing that often anyway once I get direct USB I/O working.

gerald

Quote from: Executioner on 04:14, 25 June 16
The only issue I have with my printed cartridge case is it's very difficult to remove the Micro-SD.
You may need longer nails  ;D
I must say that the recess to access the SD should be a bit deeper, but it's a tradeoff beween the accessibility and the shell width.
It's also linked to the precision I have when assembling the socket.

Mathias Plica

Hello everybody,

we are running our monthly promotion again on All3DP - this time with a 5$-promotion.
Last time the link to the cartridge was not working, this time it should be o.k.
Try this link
All3DP Price Comparison
(All3DP Price Comparison)

or see the related story for more background.
https://all3dp.com/3d-printed-cartridges-amstrad-gx4000-games-console/

The best results come with the material Polyamide polished (in any colour you wish).
The promotion is just running with our partner i.materialise. They deliver worldwide.
Please let me know, if you experience any problems.

Thanks and have fun with the 3D printed cartridge!
Mathias
All3DP

TFM

Hi! I would love to 3D print regular Cartridges for the CPC too. Is there an existing model that I can upload to such a 3D print company?

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

n00b

Quote from: Mathias Plica on 09:01, 28 June 16Hello everybody, we are running our monthly promotion again on All3DP - this time with a 5$-promotion.

THX!  :D

Shining

Is someone willing and able to modify the c4cpc case design to a CPC+ original cartridge design ? Or is there already one somewhere ?
TGS is back

Download my productions at:
cpc.scifinet.org

gerald

Quote from: Shining on 11:39, 20 September 17
Is someone willing and able to modify the c4cpc case design to a CPC+ original cartridge design ? Or is there already one somewhere ?
That something on my TODO list actually, may be time to change its priority  ;)

Kris

Any news about this original case ?

Sykobee (Briggsy)

I need one of each (C4CPC case and standard case).

gerald

Quote from: Kris on 07:43, 25 July 18
Any news about this original case ?
Here it is (STL and freeCad files)
Can be ordered online on sculpteo :

edit : removed file and link. There is a error making original PCB not fitting.

Kris

How fast !!! THank you Gerald, i will be able to put my GnG in real cart ;)

gerald

Quote from: Kris on 18:00, 25 July 18
How fast !!! THank you Gerald, i will be able to put my GnG in real cart ;)
Not that fast, the zip file is reqdy since may  :picard: :laugh:
You can thanks @shinning for regularly reminding me of that !

gerald

Just receive a test print and I forgot that I move the internal support : it now prevent the original PCB to fit (collision with the EPROM)
I'll upload a fixed version soon.

Shining

@Gerald: Please keep in mind, that I had problems with the clips and the pcb-holder-pin, too. I've (for me) fixed cartridge-case, using one screw for hoding pcb and 4 screws for holding the 2 case parts together. See here: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/amstrad-cpc-hardware/after-the-c4cpc-is-there-a-demand-of-'classic'-plus-cartridges/msg161931/#msg161931

The case is basing of your great design but I've put many hours into it for making a case, which is suitable for me and my 3d-printer.

At the moment I'm not @home but I can upload my modified design next week. I do not know, how much the printing-costs are online, but if one or two people are interested in some cases (I do not want to make a big batch out of it) and online is expensive, I can print one (at the moment only black or this white/transparent, see pictures) for lets say 10€ including the 5 screws but excluding postage.
TGS is back

cpc.scifinet.org

Shining

Edit: Found the files somewhere.
TGS is back

cpc.scifinet.org

gerald

Quote from: Shining on 18:47, 11 August 18
@Gerald: Please keep in mind, that I had problems with the clips and the pcb-holder-pin, too. I've (for me) fixed cartridge-case, using one screw for hoding pcb and 4 screws for holding the 2 case parts together. See here: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/amstrad-cpc-hardware/after-the-c4cpc-is-there-a-demand-of-'classic'-plus-cartridges/msg161931/#msg161931

The case is basing of your great design but I've put many hours into it for making a case, which is suitable for me and my 3d-printer.
Totally zapped this thread !
I have an excuse, I was in vacation  :D

Yes, I know that the clips are not playing good with FDM printing. The design is initially targeting SLS printing where Vinyl elasticity is used for that.
The recess for the original sticker or the C4CPC logo on the C4CPC case is also a problem for the FDM process.

Shining

Yes, some design-aspects where not so suitable for FDM-printing but my solution works now, for me. Also I found a printable sticker, which fits the printed cartridge. It's now not like the original but compatible with original pcb...
TGS is back

cpc.scifinet.org

dthrone

I just had an FDM case made up as a test, pic attached, cost only £5 but unfortunately the finish is not good.

dthrone

I've just had some SLS printed shells made up from 3dprintuk (https://www.3dprint-uk.co.uk/).  Half the price of Shapeways and they've turned out well.  A bit of grey spray paint added to prevent the inevitable yellowing.

Bryce

It's Nylon, so it won't yellow, it will just suck up every bit of dirt and grease that comes near it :)

Bryce.

dthrone

Quote from: Bryce on 11:22, 03 September 18
It's Nylon, so it won't yellow, it will just suck up ever bit of dirt and grease that comes near it :)

Bryce.

That explains the lovely shade my C4CPC shell has gone then!

gerald

New version of the original cartridge shell, proof printed this time  ;D
Zip file contains stl file and freeCad file

dthrone

Quote from: gerald on 18:20, 05 September 18

Nice!  I can stop hacking with a craft knife now  :)

dthrone

Quote from: gerald on 18:20, 05 September 18

The central support still appears in both halves in these files.  Shouldn't it have been removed in the top half or am I missing something?  :)