News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

C4CPC 3D printed cartridge

Started by gerald, 12:08, 16 January 16

Previous topic - Next topic

gerald

After few test, I've finally released the "official" C4CPC cartridge design.
For those willing to modify it, I've included the original sketchup file with the stl one.
For those only willing to print it, I've made it available on :
- Sculpteo.com : where I've printed all 3 prototypes (32.39/22.67 euro + shipping)
- Shapeways.com : Where I've printed the last prototype  (27.53/20.64 + shipping)

It's also available on All3DP where you have a selection of manufacturer (Sculpteo, Shapeways, i.materialise.

I would recommend Sculpteo for French buyer (the shipping cost will make the overall price cheaper), Shapeways for others, however you may try both and check by yourself.

EDIT : do not forget to select the slow delivery option to get the lowest price. You can also select the cartridge colour.

TotO

Great work, as usual!  8)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

dthrone

Nice!  Got mine on order  :)

viddi

Kris

Token

gerald

Picture :
[attach=2]

Left : Shapeways in white
Middle and right : Sculpteo in black (original card design) and white

dodogildo

Merci gerald. I'm happy I waited until now.
M'enfin!

Gryzor

I'm not happy I didn't wait, this looks really lovely :D

KaosOverride

Thanks a lot Gerald, I will try the design at an spanish 3D printing site and comment the results here
KaosOverride · GitHub
MEGA Amstrad Public Amstrad folder

gerald

Quote from: KaosOverride on 19:33, 16 January 16
Thanks a lot Gerald, I will try the design at an spanish 3D printing site and comment the results here
Tell us, and do not hesitate to share a link so Spanish users can save on shipping  ;)

KaosOverride

Done at Amstrad.es forum

Here is the link, but I have to wait a week to receive and evaluate the pieces.
http://www.phygora.com/modelo/c4cpc-carcasa
KaosOverride · GitHub

GOB

... I just receive the old version this day... :(

gerald

Quote from: KaosOverride on 23:05, 16 January 16
Done at Amstrad.es forum

Here is the link, but I have to wait a week to receive and evaluate the pieces.
http://www.phygora.com/modelo/c4cpc-carcasa
Do you know which method is used for printing.
I see they are offering very low prices for the 2 first material, but I guess it's FDM. I am not sure the model is suitable for this, mainly the C4CPC logo and the clips.
The Polyamide process is slightly  more expensive than Sculpteo/Shapeways but this one could be SLS as the link I've posted.

Which material did you select ?

KaosOverride

I have selected ABS as Lego pieces :D

Well, maybe Lego should be the ABS premium option... But as this is a test, I will see and comment when I have the pieces.  :)
KaosOverride · GitHub

Guy0me

Quote from: gerald on 15:30, 16 January 16
Picture :
[attach=2]

Left : Shapeways in white
Middle and right : Sculpteo in black (original card design) and white

excellent work !
the white one on the picture is brut(matte) or polished ?
Because i'm looking for a color who will match the grey keys on keyboard or the color of the grey gotek plastic .. ;D it is hard to see if it's the good one..
maybe i will take it in pink lol  8)

gerald

Quote from: Guy0me on 12:48, 18 January 16
excellent work !
the white one on the picture is brut(matte) or polished ?
Because i'm looking for a color who will match the grey keys on keyboard or the color of the grey gotek plastic .. ;D it is hard to see if it's the good one..
maybe i will take it in pink lol  8)
None are polished

ukmarkh

I'd like one of these, but not sure which one as the photo on the site doesn't really do it justice. 

gerald

Quote from: ukmarkh on 18:55, 18 January 16
I'd like one of these, but not sure which one as the photo on the site doesn't really do it justice.
I cannot really help, as I did not print the whole colour set !
The main issue, is that none of the proposed colour match the Plus range.
I can only say that the white is really white, and the black should be a bit darker (a polished finish may help)

McKlain

I think that some day I'll order a yellow case for the C4CPC  ;D

Guy0me

Quote from: ukmarkh on 18:55, 18 January 16
Yes it's not easy to choose the right color ! like Gerald said i think the grey is darker than the grey color on the plus, the white is too white or maybe you have a very whitey plus ! (lucky) ... mine is grey light or something..  :'(   the only color and even this one is too shiny is the pink on the amstrad logo..

OCT

Quote from: McKlain on 21:53, 18 January 16

I think that some day I'll order a yellow case for the C4CPC  ;D
You could get a special one in frantically flickering speedloader bars to also endure what we have to...  ;)

gerald

If you want to experiment, just try to dye it yourself.  ;D
All the coloured ones are made from the white one + dyebath.
The material is just polyamid/nylon
Once you have the right recipe for yellowed plus, just share it  :laugh:

hsimpson

I printed cartdridge at firm 3D Phoenix. Material: white ABS. Quality is not the worst. The cost of printing one set amounted to 184,50 PLN (~ 41.46 EUR).
Thanks a lot gerald :)

dodogildo

Quote from: hsimpson on 19:15, 19 January 16
I printed cartdridge at firm 3D Phoenix. Material: white ABS. Quality is not the worst. The cost of printing one set amounted to 184,50 PLN (~ 41.46 EUR).
Thanks a lot gerald :)

Uhh, isn't that one's quality a bit below the line, compared to Gerald's shared pics? Looking to the engraved C4CPC logo etc...

Guys, what is the best service to order a 3d print online? I asked to some local services in Istanbul and they gave me quotes around 30 Eur. I find this price a bit astronomical. What do you think?

M'enfin!