News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

C4CPC FW update

Started by gerald, 16:41, 09 September 15

Previous topic - Next topic

gerald

To all C4CPC users,

Thanks to the increasing number of  converted games  :) , an issue was found when folder contains more than 247 files.
A new version of C4CPC firmware that fix this issue is available on the C4CPC wiki page, Firmware update section as well as the upgrade procedure.

[EDIT 12/09/2015] V1.00.03 : Fix bad behaviour in file read that may read more sector than available in a cluster

The update package (C4CPC_V1.00.03.zip) contains all you need to do the update :
- dfu-programmer : executable and driver for windows, source and script for OSX, Linux user should get it from they distribution repository
- script for performing the upgrade

Let me know if there is any issue

[EDIT 21/05/2016] V1.00.04 : Added compatibility with Symbiface II, CprSelect can now display txt files
Update contains new card firmware as well as CprSelect_v102.cpr

[EDIT 06/08/2016] V1.00.05 : Fixed cluster truncation error leading to crash when loaded files where on cluster number greater that 65536

[EDIT 20/07/2017] V1.00.06 : Fixed issue that loaded more sectors than remaining in current cluster

Bryce

Well CPC ROMs had the same issue, so I guess that makes it a true piece of CPC hardware :)

Bryce.

TFM

Thanks for the update! Great that you put effort in and support it. Not everybody does.  :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

remax

Ok, seems it's Jacques Toubon, like we say in French.
Brain Radioactivity

||C|-|E||

Thanks a lot! I will update it during the weekend!  :-*

fille1976

updated fine here,thx gerald.

gerald

New version available, 1st post updated.
While the previous issue could be avoided by having folder with a limited number of files, the new issue found may pop each time you modify the SD card.
Upgrade is stongly recommended  ;)

Guy0me

C4CPC firmware upgraded in  V1.00.03 !  ;) thanx Gerald

Kris

Update applied: everything seems OK ;)

fille1976

update applied (v1.03),testing later tonight.

||C|-|E||

I will do as with the operating systems, wait for the other users to test it  :laugh:

seanb

Well that doesn't help me.
I'm waiting for you to test it  :laugh:
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Guy0me

Quote from: seanb on 12:50, 12 September 15
Well that doesn't help me.
I'm waiting for you to test it  :laugh:
Don't worry it works fine  ;)

xenon

Yes, new firmware works fine  :)

remax

Is there a way to check Firmware version under the CPC/GX4000 ?

Brain Radioactivity

gerald

Quote from: remax on 10:48, 17 September 15
Just start it with no SD card in it. Version is displayed on left bottom corner

Guy0me

Quote from: remax on 10:48, 17 September 15
remove the miniSD card from the c4cpc and power on the machine  :P

Gerald you are too fast for me lol

remax

Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

@gerald  Thanks for the firmware update  :)

Sorry for playing a part in making you have to make it  :laugh:

Just installed it, as I need to remove the sd card a lot when I need to test stuff on real hardware, works great, cheers  8)

gerald

Quote from: Phantomz on 14:05, 20 September 15
Just installed it, as I need to remove the sd card a lot when I need to test stuff on real hardware, works great, cheers  8)
For these kind of test, just use the USB connection and C4CPCCom python script.
Well, I just need to upload the latest version. The one shipped with V1_00_00 cards will not work with later version.

Edit : now on C4CPC page : File:C4CpcCom.zip - CPCWiki

dragon

The only thing i miss in c4pc is he use micro sd instead of sd card.

why? if microsd is more small that normal sd?. Because with a sd slot, you can put a sd-wifi card in and update the card without cable and without extract the microsd from the cartridge :).

gerald

Quote from: dragon on 15:08, 20 September 15

why? if microsd is more small that normal sd?. Because with a sd slot, you can put a sd-wifi card in and update the card without cable and without extract the microsd from the cartridge :) .
Micro SD is used because of space reasons.
There was no way to put a full SD and keep the original case compatibility. The SD slot would have interfered with the only mounting hole, and make the layout difficult in the RAM/PLD area.

CraigsBar

Microsd is fine for me. Updated my 2 this morning. Perfect, thanks.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 15:08, 20 September 15

why? if microsd is more small that normal sd?. Because with a sd slot, you can put a sd-wifi card in and update the card without cable and without extract the microsd from the cartridge :).

@dragon

Will the sd-wifi card work with the C4CPC ? I didn't even know you could get sd-wifi cards  ::)

I've just picked up a " SD to MicroSD Card Extension Cable " for the C4CPC for my GX4000, I know the micro sd port has 10000 insertion cycles, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to protect it from wear and tear.
I need to keep removing and inserting the card to test the carts I do as the GX4000 isn't near a PC, haven't got around to buying a new laptop yet ( last one got old and died ).  :(

The added bonus of the lead is that I can use SD cards or micro sd cards with the sd to micro sd adaptor.  ;)

dragon

Oh i not know this cable : )

I theory only in theory it can be work. But its impossible know without probe it

Are these adapters.

BestOfferBuy Adaptador Clase 10 WiFi Carcasa Tarjetas Memoria SDHC Micro SD TF

And the other type witouth microsd

Amazon.es: sd wifi

[M] Toshiba FlashAir Class10 Wi-Fi SD Card Review

But i think maybe is best gerald made an opinion.  :).