News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Cable for a DMP 3160 printer?

Started by JD, 02:06, 14 November 17

Previous topic - Next topic

JD

Hello!

I've had a DMP 3160 sitting in my hall for... about a year, and I've just finally been able to test that it works mechanically by plugging it into my Amiga 600 and attempting to print a short document. The ribbon is as dry as a bone as you might expect, but I think I know where I can get a replacement. What I'm really interested in is getting it working with Mini Office II on my Amstrad CPC 6128, but unfortunately I don't have an edge-connector to centronics cable to hook it up. I was wondering, is it a fairly standard/common cable I need, and if so, what should I search for? Haven't been able to find much info on one. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks  :D

Bryce

It's not very standard as it was only used on the CPC. However, I might have one somewhere. I can take a look at the weekend.

Bryce.

JD

Quote from: Bryce on 11:11, 14 November 17
It's not very standard as it was only used on the CPC. However, I might have one somewhere. I can take a look at the weekend.

Bryce.

Thanks Bryce, that would be great!

Bryce

Hi JD,
    I took a quick look last night but I didn't find the cable. However, I probably have all the bits to make one, I'll take a better look at the weekend.

Bryce.

JD

Quote from: Bryce on 09:05, 15 November 17
Hi JD,
    I took a quick look last night but I didn't find the cable. However, I probably have all the bits to make one, I'll take a better look at the weekend.

Bryce.

Hey, thanks for this, hope its not too much trouble. Were you proposing to make a cable, or to sell me the parts for one? I've never made a cable but I do have a soldering iron which I've used for repairs.

Bryce

I can make one for you, but unfortunately my weekend was seriously distracted, so I never got to check whether I had the parts. No soldering is required as it uses a flat cable with IDC connectors at both ends.

Bryce.

JD

No worries, my weekends are often the same. Just let me know if you find time/parts for it.