News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Cent Pour Cent [dot net]

Started by TotO, 16:32, 27 September 13

Previous topic - Next topic

TotO

Hey!

I'm proud to present to you a new "website" (ok, some pages) about my hardware works.
I will be a good place to follow what I do for the CPC and only the CPC... (english and french)
I done it by convenience, as it allow to simply preorder boards that you liked too! (not just dream on) :) 

It's name: Cent Pour Cent [dot net]
www.centpourcent.net

See you,

TotO.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TFM

Great concept for a new site! Hope you can release documents soon how exactly to program the CTC-AY.

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

fano

Quote from: TFM on 17:24, 27 September 13
Great concept for a new site! Hope you can release documents soon how exactly to program the CTC-AY.
Actually, there are already some libs and examples code but still miss a bit of doc  ;)  (except on AY/YM side but it is like CPC AY (except I/O address))
CTC and flash ROMs are not difficult to program so that will not need a lot of doc  ;)
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

TotO

Quote from: TFM on 17:24, 27 September 13
Thank you. I will add all the needed files ASAP. :) (your boards are already WIP)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Gryzor

Ooh yeah. The cat's out of the box :)

TFM

Thanks' TotO and Fano! Well, my schedule is tight. I would like to add support of the CPC-AY for Cyber Huhn, but only one month is left. So if you have some links/files for me, let me know soon.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

fano

Quote from: TFM on 19:19, 27 September 13
Thanks' TotO and Fano! Well, my schedule is tight. I would like to add support of the CPC-AY for Cyber Huhn, but only one month is left. So if you have some links/files for me, let me know soon.
My part of the CTC-AY (and more) code is in a SourceForge project for easy sharing (all our common projects use now SF), if you have an account, just send me your nick by PM, i'll add you to the project.

rpalmer

A very well thought out web-site. Congrats on a job well done. Keep up the good work.

rpalmer

MacDeath

When will the "extra AY card" be available ? :)

Also I think you should sell the Centronic or Edge ribbons separatly, jsut in case someone would like only one Motherx4 with both ribbons.

You can also get both on the same ribbon perhaps ?

I will definitly get some of those cards.

Also : what about a "HDD emulator" solution.
I mean one card with some micro SD port on it that could be simply used like a HDD on CPC/PLUS.

as most microSD can get Gigas of octets theses days for quite cheap... and get USB adapters to turn them into USB sticks... and are easy to put inside tablets (except iPads) or phones (except iPhoes) or computers (what ? not Macs ?) this could be a nice thing.

To store massive amount of games or videos or music or whatever.

I'm bretty sure FuturOS and SymbOS would even support such thing.

TotO

Quote from: MacDeath on 13:08, 28 September 13
When will the "extra AY card" be available ? :) 
When it will be usable with softwares. :)

Quote from: MacDeath on 13:08, 28 September 13Also I think you should sell the Centronic or Edge ribbons separatly, jsut in case someone would like only one Motherx4 with both ribbons.
No, because I don't want to be a ribbon cable builder for others and missing them for my boards.
But, I may provide the both Ribbons type if asked. (the Centronics one is hard to find for me)

Quote from: MacDeath on 13:08, 28 September 13You can also get both on the same ribbon perhaps ?
No. Less connectors = less problems. Less unplugs = less problems.
Better to use a short ribbon cable for each CPC and avoid to unplug it.
The MotherX4 is an answer to avoid those problems.

Quote from: MacDeath on 13:08, 28 September 13I will definitly get some of those cards.
You are welcome. :)

Quote from: MacDeath on 13:08, 28 September 13Also : what about a "HDD emulator" solution. I mean one card with some micro SD port on it that could be simply used like a HDD on CPC/PLUS.
as most microSD can get Gigas of octets theses days for quite cheap...
The MiniBooster own an SPI port... You will see when the time will come...

Quote from: MacDeath on 13:08, 28 September 13and get USB adapters to turn them into USB sticks... and are easy to put inside tablets (except iPads) or phones (except iPhoes) or computers (what ? not Macs ?) this could be a nice thing.
Never. Use your PC/Mac for that. ;)

Thank you for your questions.

Bryce

Very nice site TotO! I might invest in a booster too. The old one was always too big for me, but the new one looks great.

Bryce.

TotO

Thank you Bryce. As you know, you are welcome.

arnoldemu

Quote from: TotO on 14:08, 28 September 13
When it will be usable with softwares. :)
I got my CTC-AY (and the other goodies :) ) on friday. I could not try it until now (I had to fit it around family tasks).
It's worth the money, really well put together, it's a great piece of hardware, interrupts better sound etc
I will be supporting it from today.

Do you know what makes it even better? The cartridge port.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

MacDeath

Still, more AY for the Amstrad God is a good thing for AY chiptune...

Can this card be plugged on a Thomson computer?  ::) 

Would at last be a soundcard for it...

fano

Quote from: MacDeath on 02:08, 29 September 13Can this card be plugged on a Thomson computer?  ::) 
Yes , at your own risk, like on a C64 , Spectrum and SamCoupé too  :P

Bryce

Quote from: MacDeath on 02:08, 29 September 13
Can this card be plugged on a Thomson computer?  ::)   

Yeah, but only once. Then you'll probably have an ex-Thompson and ex-CTC-AY. You might also need a hammer to connect it fully. :D

Bryce.

MacDeath

Would need some differences but mostly the same amount of chips to run on a thomson I guess.

Well the Motorola 6809E is another family of chips and the clockings may be far different.

Perhaps and alternate card designed for the Thomsons could get some 25 copies sold... :) or 10 ?

Still a nice "gest" for those computers...

TFM

Well, sometimes Quality is more important than Quantity, right?

And now... instead of dreaming about msx and thompson: Go and make some god art for CPC  ;)
Why? Because you can!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

TotO

TFM

Pretty cool! Can you give FutureOS a try and see if stuff runs which needs 512 KB? Need ideas? Let me know and I will post DSKs here.
TFM of FutureSoft

TotO

Quote from: TFM on 23:28, 13 October 13
Pretty cool! Can you give FutureOS a try and see if stuff runs which needs 512 KB? Need ideas? Let me know and I will post DSKs here.
Actually, I can't test software on my real CPC... Need to wait the next weekend.
But, I do standard things... So, all programs using C0, C4, C5, C6 and C7 must run.

Now, I will have to work on C1, C2 and C3. :)

TotO

The store was updated!

Now, you can find fresh FlashGordon 512KB ROM Boards, as well as others new and used CPC expansions.
Peoples who have preorders pending can add them w/o extra shipping!!!

CPC Store (new) - Cent Pour Cent

If you have hardware in good condition and want to sell it for the community, please contact me to see what we can do.

Have fun,

TotO.

Bryce

Will the schematics for the 512K Expansion be released?

Bryce.

TotO

Sure!
I will release the schematics when the board will be done and sure to work in its final version. ;)
(on a cpcwiki page... For the MiniBooster too, when I will get time to create them)

Gryzor

That was a surprise! Good job man, another thingie to buy... :)