News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CentPourCent.net / Warning about reselling my boards!

Started by TotO, 13:04, 28 September 15

Previous topic - Next topic

TotO

As you know, CentPourCent.net is a commodity to pre-order boards.
I use my free time since two years to build them for the CPC community. (MotherX4, X-MEM, ...)

Understand that I definitively not waste this time to allow peoples to make money on my back, asking twice the price!
From today, I definitively reconsiderate my activity. I will let you know more later.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

EgoTrip

Don't let the greedy idiots ruin it for everyone.

Gryzor

Wow. This is super disapointing. €80 for a X-MEM? €70 for a Mother-X4? Yikes...

Dizrythmia

Unbelievable. That's what's wrong with the WHOLE retrogaming scene these days, whether it be classic computing or consoles. Everyone just wants to use it to make money. As a buyer it saddens me, especially when I hear that I might have to miss out on things like the X-MEM & X-MASS. I've been meaning to buy these for AGES but something always comes up. At the moment it's my wedding & honeymoon to pay for, but I do intend on getting them eventually.

Of course... that's if the minority doesn't ruin it for everyone else...

chinnyhill10

Can't let one idiot screw it up for everyone. These people think old computers are the way to make some money fast sadly, ruining our hobby.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

dragon

Maybe you can add a punishement  to these pepole.

I mean, i think all people buying these boards are people normally registered many time ago in cpcwiki or other big amstrad forums. And normally is a good people  enjoying the Amstrad CPC.
Maybe you need a some type of security system has have the shop linked to cpcwiki user account for example. So if a user is detected selling it only to make profit, it can be banned and can't buy more.

Intead of selling it to all world without control.

Singaja

I'm really sorry to hear that and I can easily relate to your frustration. Hope that won't stop you making your awesome hardware. You really make our beloved machines shine, looking forward to your pm reply too.

Fessor

You cant blame the customer if there aren't contract terms which forbids this behaviour.

Also you should print a link to your shop on the pcb so that customers of the reseller could try it out and come directly to you. (If they are clever)

Gryzor

Hm, maybe @dragon has something there... should we, as a community (and I don't mean the wiki only) ban those people who behave that way?

Also, @Fessor is right, more recognition is needed!

Optimus

Technically, there is nothing restricting a buyer to resell the product at whatever price he thinks. I don't know what I would have done in your position, maybe just ignore them, afterall I can't force them to not resell.
But I hope this doesn't ruin the community, I love your boards and I wouldn't like to see this effort gone.

Gryzor

No, of course you can't do anything "technically". But still, in the spirit of the community, it's ripping people off.

TFM

This is a question of moral and not of the fecking law!!!

TotO is absolutely right!!! I know more than the average bear how much of his passion, heart, spare time and money goes into all his projects!!!

We have to support him here. We do not have to discuss this.

Of course is was a question of time until bad things will happen, so my suggestion is to sell stuff only to known members of the CPC scene. Other can pay the double price if they get one X-care, maybe that keeps scum away.

Also: Let us _ALL_ try to inform people about TotO's great work. So this damn re-sellers can not make money with the x-cards.

EDIT: Ok, Gryzor you are more quick in typing than me. ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

I've tried to 'advertise' every homebrew project's threads and homepages in any way I can, I suggest others do the same.

As for selling stuff only to known members... Hmmm I don't know, because look how many have joined our community (and I guess others, too) in order to get these products, I doubt they were coming with bad intentions.

kribjo

Hi,

I totally support Toto. This is also ripping new customers off. I think perhaps people buying with this isane price also need to be informed better. I don't know how as we don't know if they visit forums and how we can reach them. But why don't make a sticky note adressing this and supporting all hardware developers in general wether it's for Spectrum, Atari, Amiga, Oric, CPC etc. All forums displaying the same sticky note. Probably smarter ways to do it, but I invite everyone to improve on this.

Regards,

Bjørn

TFM

To Gryzor:Yes, that's right. I just have no better idea now. It's TotO's decision of course. But people doing shit have to know that they face consequences.

It's hard to realize that there are still some humans out there never having heart about CPCWiki. And people visiting will know about current projects (imho).

So where is TotO's stuff sold? Any link available? I would like to write a 'nice letter' to the seller.  ;)

EDIT: Again? Seems that everybody posts more quick than me today, maybe I should start citing again.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

I'd post the links, but since Tot0 didn't perhaps he's got his reasons...

But indeed, how to inform potential users? :(

Dubliner

Sadly there's not much one can do to prevent these things. If you link accounts to cpc-wiki for example, it's as easy as creating a new account to avoid geting caught.

There are things one can do of course. For starters, check the previous orders and see if somebody is ordering too many boards of the same kind. That could give you a tip of who is doing profit from your hard work.

And the most effective way to get rid of this shit is sell your own boards in the same places as the resellers. Are they trying to sell double the price on ebay? Sell yourself on ebay at your regular price + ebay fees + paypal fees. Then there's no reseller businness anymore.

P.S.: You can even wait to do that until you detect another "suspicius order". In that case, with a bit of luck, you really kill the reseller businness after the bastard spent some good money on getting new things, leaving him even more annoyed with wasted money  ;D

Gryzor

Dubliner is right about the other places, but this would mean that a developer would need to monitor eBay for his products and put some effort into doing business there, too, and of course it doesn't preclude people from having their own shops, like in this case :(

TFM

There are things one can do! For example tell people what's going on. I got the link now. The seller is the well known scene destroyer Kangaroo Musique who got banned here multiple times (because he had also multiple nicks) and got banned from multiple other forums. Just let him feel that what he does is not alright.

EDIT: Dubliner is right, sell things at ebay too, but it su**s to be forced to do that.  :-\
TFM of FutureSoft

radu14m

I totally support Toto ! such persons who resell Totos amazing cpc stuff must be banned ...and even more... :-\ :-\ :-\
i can"t believe !!!!!

gerald

Quote from: radu14m on 19:37, 28 September 15
I totally support Toto ! such persons who resell Totos amazing cpc stuff must be banned ...and even more... :-\ :-\ :-\
i can"t believe !!!!!
Well, I do not think there is something wrong reselling TotO's cards. Any owner may need to resell them for any reasons.
What's wrong is asking unreasonable price for it.
Also, I think TotO is able to prevent this by ignoring order from people that are known to do so.

MaV

* MaV sad.

Plus, what I don't get is why anyone would buy it at that steep price when searching for "x-mem cpc" or "mother x4" in google turns up the correct cpcwiki forum page and the link to centpourcent.net. A two minute search would have saved them a lot of money. People are just stupid.
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Singaja

I think the simplest solution would be to print the price itself on the board, obviously combined with all the information leading to Toto as the creator.

TFM

Quote from: MaV on 20:57, 28 September 15
... what I don't get is why anyone would buy it at that steep price when searching for "x-mem cpc" or "mother x4" in google turns up the correct cpcwiki forum page and the link to centpourcent.net. A two minute search would have saved them a lot of money. People are just stupid.

This is where you miss the point. IMHO lot's of people do browse ebay. No offense, but it's probably way more than browse the forum (else that all wouldn't happen). So people find this by accident and think "Oh wow! How cool!". So they buy it and waste their money to rip-off-scene-destroyers without even knowing. They are not stupid, they just don't know better. Blame the dealer not the victim.  :)

TFM of FutureSoft

TotO

Hello my friends. Thank you for your kind messages and searching about a solution.  8)
I'm sorry to distrubing you with that. I think that I will have to be visible on ebay to avoid the problem.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)