News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Check out the age of my Amstrad CPC 464

Started by Neil79, 22:04, 03 December 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil79

1983, even comes with a heatsink and one big chip underneath!

Whereas the 1984 has one empty slot and a chip  ;D
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

EgoTrip

Mine's the same, with the deep keys. Shame the tape drive is fucked though :(

Neil79

Quote from: EgoTrip on 22:20, 03 December 15
Mine's the same, with the deep keys. Shame the tape drive is fucked though :(

:D Cool!

I fixed mine today with a new tape belt, works great!

The 1984 doesn't, belt snapped and it was brand new! ( got a replacement coming )
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

balford

Mine's one of those too - 1983 with deep keys, which are unfortunately discoloured (something I'm hoping to rectify, although my indoor Retrobrite setup isn't making much of a dent, I might have to wait till next summer for some proper UV).

B

EgoTrip

Quote from: Neil79 on 22:23, 03 December 15

:D Cool!

I fixed mine today with a new tape belt, works great!

The 1984 doesn't, belt snapped and it was brand new! ( got a replacement coming )

I tried to replace the belt on mine, which I eventually managed to do but turned out there's something wrong with the actual drive as the issue persisted. So I just have to make do with loading from a car radio adapter until I can afford to send to Bryce (if ever)

chinnyhill10

Quote from: balford on 23:02, 03 December 15
Mine's one of those too - 1983 with deep keys, which are unfortunately discoloured (something I'm hoping to rectify, although my indoor Retrobrite setup isn't making much of a dent, I might have to wait till next summer for some proper UV).

B

I was happily Retrobriting at the end of September, so give it until mid-March and you'll be laughing.

Don't apply it to the black keys though. Future Was 8 Bit did it to his BBC keys and they went a funny colour.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube