News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CM 14 monitor and an Amiga.

Started by CraigsBar, 22:36, 20 July 16

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigsBar

Hi all,

so last night I lashed (well soldered actually) myself together a cable to use my Amiga 600 on my spare CM14 monitor.

just connecting the RGB and Sync lines worked a treat. I did not connect the LUM as I guess this is only needed for the MM12 and Green Screens (and besides the Amiga 23 pin does not have an obvious LUM connection) so I connected RGB Ground and Left/Right audio channels.

Everything works and the picture is perfectly stable but it is a little washed out. Almost Commodore 64ish!

I am sure a simple fix is possible, but I woudl hope someone where woudl know what that would be :)

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

||C|-|E||

The CM 14 has some adjustments for that, described in the service manual. However, they are inside the screen and involve to adjust some variable resistors when the screen is alive  :-X

CraigsBar

Hmmm. The screen is fine when used with the CPC (OK this particular specimin is not as bright as my other 2) but it is not so washed out looking. I'll dig out a cm14 service manual and see if I can tune it a little (and not kill myself)

chinnyhill10

Quote from: CraigsBar on 11:55, 21 July 16
Hmmm. The screen is fine when used with the CPC (OK this particular specimin is not as bright as my other 2) but it is not so washed out looking. I'll dig out a cm14 service manual and see if I can tune it a little (and not kill myself)

Some Amigas seem to have slightly lower voltage outputs on the RGB. My A600 has a brighter picture than my A1200 (both have been recapped and run from a modern PSU before anyone asks).
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

CraigsBar

Thanks, I'll test it with the A1200 too. I know the A600 is recapped, Bryce did it! The A1200 is an unknown entity lol.

CraigsBar

Well. I am still here typing this, so I don't seem to have killed myself.... I have upped the sub bright level a tad. I don't need to run it at max brightness on the 464plus anymore. And the a600 image is amazing. Thanks guys 'n' gals.

Craig

||C|-|E||

It usually happens that the screen may need an adjustment after a lot of years :) great that is working now!