News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Controller for Amstrad GX4000

Started by Retrografx16, 06:56, 25 March 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Retrografx16

I have 2 original controllers, and it seems they are not very responsive. I am new to the GX4000 system, Just picked up the C4CPC cart a few weeks ago, I have 4 games that came with the system that I picked up several years ago, though never really sat down long enough to play. And now that I have the all in one cart, I am having a hard time with the controllers in most games. is it the system, the controllers or power?

I am in the U.S, and when powering the multicart I am using the suggested PSU, and when playing a normal cart I am using the original PSU with a step up/down converter. I get the same result on both.

Can I use any other controller that has the similar pinouts. I don't want to ruin anything so I want to be sure that any other controller I use will be combatable? Could I use the SMS or Atari Pro (euro style) controllers?   

Bryce

You can use any joystick that has the Atari pinout.

Bryce.

CraigsBar

If you want 2 buttons the Sega mastersystem pads and sticks work with a simple adaptor to remap the fire buttons.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Skunkfish

Couldn't resist that NES control pad, will let you know my thoughts on it when it arrives...

I'm hoping that both fire buttons are functional!
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Skunkfish

I can highly recommend the NES clone controller that dragon linked to above.

Although not an 'official' NES pad, the build quality is good and both fire buttons are wired correctly for the CPC.

D-Pad and buttons have a satisfying 'click' to them, and don't feel spongey at all (so far!)
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)