News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Dandanator Mini 1.3 - WIP

Started by XeNoMoRPH, 20:58, 17 March 18

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandare

Thanks to the magnificent work of overCLK and the help from Habisoft, the CPC Dandanator now supports .CDT files. It's still in beta and not all of them work, but a good set of them are working fine.

robcfg

This is exciting news!

Keep up the good work!

Dandare

And now... it also reads DSK files. (still in beta though).
Thanks again to overCLK.

Dandanator CPC cartridges ready to start shipping in two-three weeks!!

XeNoMoRPH

Quote from: Dandare on 23:33, 13 November 18
And now... it also reads DSK files. (still in beta though).
Thanks again to overCLK.

Dandanator CPC cartridges ready to start shipping in two-three weeks!!
Good news  :laugh:
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Gryzor

Audronic

@Gryzor

25.00 Euro Plus Postage

Over on VA-De-Retro.

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Gryzor

Oh that's cool :)

Tried googling for VA-De-Retro and I got this:

Audronic

Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Gryzor

Thanks for the pointers :) I see people are already buying there...

Dandare

Hi,
Some information about the current batch run at VadeRetro, Retrowiki, ZonadePruebas and Amstrad.es

Back in August, I opened a list for people interested in the CPC Dandanator. I originally intended for a limited, local 50-unit run, but it went up to 150.
Now the boards are assembled and the cases are in production and expected to arrive in less than 3 weeks.
Therefore I'm collecting payments and shipping info for the people in the list.

The price for the cased cartridge is 25€ + p&p
Although all the units are "sold-out" already, I ordered a few spares and, sometimes, a few people in the list don't go ahead with the purchase. So I may have some units available after I finish with this batch.

I'm taking into account all people that are showing interest and keeping them in a "wait list". I can't guarantee that everybody there will get a unit, but I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for your interest in the project

Gryzor

Darn I hope there's juuuust one left for me... :)

villain

Quote from: Dandare on 12:13, 14 November 18
I'm taking into account all people that are showing interest and keeping them in a "wait list". I can't guarantee that everybody there will get a unit, but I'll keep you posted.

I would like to be part of your list.  8)

DanyPPC

So this card support DSK, CDT, CRT and SNA files ?
For a max of 14 - 18 games on memory.
Is it right ?
How could be it connected to an Amstrad PLUS ?

Thanks for the answers.
CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

Dandare

Thanks for your interest. I'll put you in the waiting list.

Dandare

Quote from: DanyPPC on 21:28, 15 November 18
So this card support DSK, CDT, CRT and SNA files ?
For a max of 14 - 18 games on memory.
Is it right ?
How could be it connected to an Amstrad PLUS ?

Thanks for the answers.

Hi, It supports SNA, MOST of the CDT (no multi load) and several DSK (still in alpha/beta). Again no multi loads.

The software in the card itself only support Snapshots, but the PC Tool to create the game compilations converts automatically those CDTs and DSKs.
This is transparent for the user, you just drop the file and there it goes (well, dsk/cdt takes a bit more to import).

Internal memory is 512kb but all games are ZX7 compressed, also in a transparent way, so 10-15, even 20 is a good guess, depending on what games you put inside.

It can be connected to an Amstrad+ using a standard Centronics-edge converter. It's tested on both 464+ and 6128+.

DanyPPC

Many thanks for the exhaustive explanation.
CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

kawickboy

Could you add me to the list please ?
thanks

GUNHED

Ist there a way to get one batch of the Dandanator ROMs? Could they be posted here? Why?

Well, I'm just curious if they could be installed into an X-MEM or MegaFlash - just for fun.  :)
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

ukmarkh

Quote from: Dandare on 12:13, 14 November 18
Hi,
Some information about the current batch run at VadeRetro, Retrowiki, ZonadePruebas and Amstrad.es

Back in August, I opened a list for people interested in the CPC Dandanator. I originally intended for a limited, local 50-unit run, but it went up to 150.
Now the boards are assembled and the cases are in production and expected to arrive in less than 3 weeks.
Therefore I'm collecting payments and shipping info for the people in the list.

The price for the cased cartridge is 25€ + p&p
Although all the units are "sold-out" already, I ordered a few spares and, sometimes, a few people in the list don't go ahead with the purchase. So I may have some units available after I finish with this batch.

Thanks for your interest in the project

Praying that I'm on this list?

Dandare

Quote from: GUNHED on 14:16, 16 November 18
Ist there a way to geht one batch of the Dandanator ROMs? Could they be posted here? Why?

Well, I'm just curious if they could be installed into an X-MEM or MegaFlash - just for fun.  :)

That will not work.
Dandanator uses Z80 opcode traps as commands whereas MegaFlash/X-mem use IO ports.

PS: One could think of "translating' the commands, but Dandanator implements a "delayed-action" directive that is not available (and can't be simulated or emulated) on the other devices.
Try and imagine this situation:
On a Megaflash, you send a command to change page and it changes immediately.
On a Dandanator, you could do that as well, but you can also send a command to change a page, lock further changes and or disable the USB port and ask the board not to execute the command right away, but after you issue a "RET" command.
This is very useful for loading snapshots, so you can leave all registers as they are supposed to be and then RET to the game --> all pending commands are executed then.

Dandare

Quote from: ukmarkh on 16:08, 16 November 18

Praying that I'm on this list?

I'm still to check the waiting list.
This is what I intent to do.

1) Distribute all dandanators to people that made a reservation.
2) Should some units remain, I'll check all forums/facebook/email/twitter.... for people that showed interest after the list was full.
3) I'll start contacting them in the same order they showed interest..
4) When I run out of units, I'll stop the process and notify it on all forums.

I think this is a fair system for all people interested.

Let me take this opportunity to thank you all for your interest in the project and to remind you that this is a absolutely free - Public Domain project with no license at all. So anyone can build their units, sell them, modify them, even put his name on the board if that makes him happy.
In a few weeks I'll post the code/schematics and definitions to build CPC Dandanators at http://www.dandare.es

remax

Quote from: Dandare on 21:29, 15 November 18
Thanks for your interest. I'll put you in the waiting list.
Me too please :)

Envoyé de mon SM-G930F en utilisant Tapatalk

Brain Radioactivity

Gryzor

No step 5: order a new batch? :D

Some people are going to party over eBay...

Stwert

I probably don't need one of these, but, coooool I want one.

Oh, I suppose that means I do need one then :D
Snapping one of these up as soon as they go on sale somewhere, or a new waiting list is created.

Great work.

Dandare

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:33, 19 November 18
No step 5: order a new batch? :D

Some people are going to party over eBay...

I won't likely make another batch personally, but since this is a Public Domain, anyone can make one.
I'd be very sad if this project is re-sold at a higher price. The price I put, 25€ including machined ABS case, is a fair one (no profit, though).

I'm already talking to some retro-stores so they can produce and sell CPC Dandanators at a just price. I have a very good experience with retroshop.pt selling ZX Dandanators at 20€, and now manuferhi.com as well for the same price (Some individuals at SellMyRetro a well). Also, a lot of forum members have made their own batches in several countries, so now, almost 2.000 ZX Dandanators are out there at their right price.

Please, DO NOT PAY HIGHER PRICES for this board, make your own forum-based batches! That's the idea behind this whole project.