News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Mainboard Versions

Started by nocash, 14:52, 09 April 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

I'm sure there are others here that knew that too. Especially due to the fact that the 2164 was produced by VEB MME in Erfurt. The same company who built the KC Compact, semi Amstrad clone :) (although it wasn't built in the Erfurt factory).

Bryce.

Gryzor

Maybe the repair shop was a KGB front? Heh, imagine that, they'd have their own supply line to keep in business... :D

dragon

Maybe They  traded with the cpc east clone.Or The history is wrong and the MME ram is created in spain :D .

Or maybe is destroyed in the 2000 by james bond.Who knows. :D

Or,If you send a cpc to Amstrad official support,they resend it to a factory to the east In style of sony playstation or xbox 360..

Bryce

If anyone is interested in or needs any east 8-bit ICs, there's two guys off-loading tonnes of the stuff on ebay at the moment: hjkdesign | eBay

gunti5 | eBay

Bryce.

Gryzor

Ohh I especially like these: 8 Stück Original EPROM für KC85 -KS573RF2- (2716) | eBay . Shame he's only shipping to Germany, I might bid on them, they look great.

Bryce

What exactly would you do with a pile of old 2K EPROMs?

If you want old EPROMs, I'll send you a few next time I'm sending you something.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Well, thanks, but it's not just an old EPROM and of course I wouldn't be doing anything with it; it just looks nice, very low-tech and steam-punk like, and it's also got a Cyrillic letter on it!

dragon

Iwe need made a database with serial numbers+ board revision.

I think the version of the revision of the board not is lineal in time. I think it depend of factory where the cpc go out.

I think that because i view a plus in ebay that have board rev e. But by the serial number is made early that my plus. If i remember o.k i have the c , so it can't be lineal in time.

But there is diference that revision -e was made in code 531,where my plus was made in 532.

https://picclick.co.uk/Amstrad-CPC6128-Plus-Amstrad-CPC-6128-Plus-182623301941.html

Mine was made in 08

robcfg

I think that wouldn't yield any useful information, as many machines have had their boards swapped.

Or as you say, different factories made different board revisions, but you cannot match them to serial numbers.

So, what would be the need for such database?

PulkoMandy

It's also possible that the first revs of the motherboard were first not put into machines and kept in storage, and machines shipped with fixed boards. But at some point the stock of fixed boards was too low so they took the broken one and applied the patches manually while waiting for new boards to ship. You never know what could happen in the factory.

dragon

Quote from: robcfg on 12:09, 02 August 17
I think that wouldn't yield any useful information, as many machines have had their boards swapped.

Or as you say, different factories made different board revisions, but you cannot match them to serial numbers.

So, what would be the need for such database?

Not all the world swap the motherboard lol. He can be, But not more that no swap.Anyway is simply as to only acept serial numbers of poople buy the computer from amstrad in the 80. No serial numbers really,only Factory and date with rev.

In the other hand, you can swap the board,But can,'t swap chips witouth make trace.  So If the date code of ic>=date   is swaped.

The objetive is know when amstrad change to another revisión and It is ligated to Factory. Find relations. And know more about Factory process, for example when they swap z80 tl  st  if crtc type is Factory line dependant etc...

Its imposible know these type of things without a referente.

Oh amstrad have Many misterys. :).

leZone

Quote from: dragon on 11:39, 02 August 17
Iwe need made a database with serial numbers+ board revision.
I think the version of the revision of the board not is lineal in time.
it's not linked only to the full serial but with to 2 major factors : country + MFRS, then serial comes in 3rd

i have this kind of list, made by myself since more than ten years
i need a website system to make it useable for people
(if a web coder is interested to transform my data excel in a web page database with form sheet, contact me - in english or french)

leZone

Hi !

NEW revision motherboard found (in my collection)

6128 v1 : MC0016A
from Indescomp Amstrad 6128 customised for USA market
(ask me for HD files, to add it to the wiki webpage)

[attach=2]

leZone

another revision motherboard found (in my collection)

6128 v2 : MC0023F
on Schneider 6128, BIG LOGO version
(ask me for HD files, to add it to the wiki webpage)

[attach=2]

leZone

I have Questions about 6128 v3 MC0100A :

on the main photo there is 2 more chips on the board, than on the "another picture" photo

i have a "672" version, there is not these 2 more chips
- how many computers have these 2 more chips ?
- is it the early version ? or a custom version ?
- solders on back looks manual, it seems to be a custom version, do you have history of this computer ?
- is it possible to replace main photo with a no-custom version please ?

[attach=2]

gerald

Quote from: leZone on 11:16, 16 November 17
I have Questions about 6128 v3 MC0100A :

on the main photo there is 2 more chips on the board, than on the "another picture" photo

i have a "672" version, there is not these 2 more chips
- how many computers have these 2 more chips ?
- is it the early version ? or a custom version ?
- solders on back looks manual, it seems to be a custom version, do you have history of this computer ?
- is it possible to replace main photo with a no-custom version please ?

[attach=2]

The 4 empty footprints are for 64kx4 dram as in the Plus range. This is an assembly option : either 16 64kx1 or 4 64kx4.

leZone

Quote from: gerald on 12:35, 16 November 17
The 4 empty footprints are for 64kx4 dram as in the Plus range. This is an assembly option : either 16 64kx1 or 4 64kx4.
it is not my question  ;)

=> my questions are for this one :
This one have only 2 more chips (not 4 like explanation)
and reverse side look it is hand made solders, not made in a factory, empty holes, solder removed by hand : http://www.cpcwiki.eu/imgs/4/4b/CPC6128_PCB_Bottom_%28Z80330_MC0100A%29.jpg
and it miss the marron component for each chip wich is not normal for a factory product : http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/File:CPC6128_PCB_Top_(Z80330_MC0100A).jpg

This one is normal, like mine, with factory 4 empty fields : http://www.cpcwiki.eu/imgs/e/ed/CPC6128_Z80330_Yarek.jpg

gerald

Quote from: leZone on 16:34, 16 November 17
it is not my question  ;)

=> my questions are for this one :
This one have only 2 more chips (not 4 like explanation)
and reverse side look it is hand made solders, not made in a factory, empty holes, solder removed by hand : http://www.cpcwiki.eu/imgs/4/4b/CPC6128_PCB_Bottom_%28Z80330_MC0100A%29.jpg
and it miss the marron component for each chip wich is not normal for a factory product : http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/File:CPC6128_PCB_Top_(Z80330_MC0100A).jpg
This CPC is not in its factory state.
Only the owner could tell us the story of this CPC, but here is my version.
The 2 added DRAM chip replace the failing ones on the 64kx1 back. You can see that 3 devices have their VCC disconnected by grinding the package up to the pin bonding. This is not a proper way of disabling them as they are still powered indirectly by the address and data line.
Also you can see that the replacement DRAM have been soldered from the top by the residue of rosin left on the PCB. The back side show that most hole are not filled with solder.
That let me think that the fix has been done by someone who did not have access or the capability to de-solder the failing RAM, and probably did not bother unscrewing the PCB from the case to solder the new chip the academic way  :D

leZone

Quote from: gerald on 18:02, 16 November 17
This CPC is not in its factory state.
That let me think that the fix has been done by someone who did not have access or the capability to ...
yes, it's a pig job !   :'(
that's why i ask to remove these photos from the "main" list on the wiki webpage
and replace them by photos of a normal and never destroyed motherboard, as factory reference

dragon

When was cpc discontinued?.

I know the cost down are manufactured at least until  month 5/89 in thailand and korea. Someone have a more later computer?.

robcfg

I actually saw today a 464 with manufacturing date 5/89 and board code MC0099A.

It must be one of the latest boards made.

00WReX

I have a 464 with the following serial number (I believe this would have been the last month the classic 464 was made).

531-0723006

According to the serial number decode...

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Mainboard_Versions#How_to_Decode_the_CPC_serial_number

This is July 1990.

Cheers,
Shane

[attach id=1 msg=155028]
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

dragon

Quote from: 00WReX on 22:41, 28 January 18
I have a 464 with the following serial number (I believe this would have been the last month the classic 464 was made).

531-0723006

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Mainboard_Versions#How_to_Decode_the_CPC_serial_number

This is July 1990.

Cheers,
Shane

Wow! You can take a picture of the board?

00WReX

The mainboard is the MC0099A, the same as the one on the 'Mainboard' wiki page.

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Mainboard_Versions#CPC464_version_4_.28cost-down.29

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: 00WReX on 22:41, 28 January 18

531-0723006

This is July 1990.

Cheers,
Shane

;)

That would be probably one of the last batch of 464's assembled before they discontinued it for the Plus machines. Treat that one with kid gloves, sir!
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?