Looks like the plus cartridge replacement hot topic poped again while I was away
I therefore feel the need to give an update on the work I started one year ago and hinted in the cartridge filesystem
The current status is rather good
- Form factor prototype, fitting in the original cartridge shell.
- Direct accessed to 16 cartridge image (.cpr) using dip switches. Images are stored on a micro SD card.
- A cartridge selector running on the CPC if you need more than 16 images.
- Loading of cartridge from PC using USB port.
What still need to be done
- Fix PCB from some stupid bug . (double check is not enough !!!)
- Improve cartridge loading time (currently 6sec for a 512k)
- Find a way to assemble cart at reasonable price
- and maybe think about a shell for this
10/05/2015 : Status update
- All 1st batch interested people have been contacted and most of the cards have been shipped. If you have stated interest in the cards before the 23/03/2015 and have not been contacted ( ) by PM: PM me ASAP
- I am still taking reservation for the second batch. If you are interested in a card, just PM me.
- Second batch card price is not fixed yet, first batch cards were 60 euro.
- New price will be fixed according to component price (linked to dollar/euro parity) and number of cards reserved.
- Target date for 2nd batch is end of June (but may be earlier)
More info on the card are on the wiki dedicated page : C4CPC - CPCWiki
23/06/2015 : Second batch assembly and shipping started. I will contact everyone in due time
06/07/2015 : Vacation time
. 2nd batch shipping will resume during last week of july with reservation done after the 10th of May.
8/8/2015 : All second batch people have contacted.
13/11/2016 : All cards have been sold.