News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Plus cartridge replacement : one more

Started by gerald, 16:39, 01 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in buying a 3D-printed case for the cartridge? Hoe many units? (only vote if you want one or more!)

178 (85.2%)
25 (12%)
2 (1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
more
4 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 209

gerald

Quote from: arnoldemu on 21:28, 23 February 17
@gerald : I am using the coolnovelties cable that works with the 464+ and the power supply that comes with it.
I connect it to the monitor output from the gx4000 and the power input where the monitor would connect if it was used with gx4000 (the 5v power on the gx4000). Will this give the correct colour output?
Yes

gerald

Quote from: Bryce on 21:25, 23 February 17
Yeah, but he's in the US, so his TV doesn't have SCART, so he's better off looking for a decent solution that he can connect to the monitor port RGB.
Correct.
Now reading he's post, I am not sure he's using the RGB output at all, but the composite output (PAL).

Bryce

Yes, he says he's using a SCART to AV adapter, which is usually just a straight connection to pin 19 of the SCART connector.

Bryce.

Retrografx16

Quote from: Bryce on 21:15, 23 February 17
Hi Retrografx16,
         any 5VDC PSU with the correct polarity, connector and enough amps can be used to power the GX4000. Just buy one locally.

Can your TV display PAL or is it an NTSC only TV? Does your TV have S-Video or any other inputs you could use? AV can work but it won't be a very good picture even if you get the colour to work.

Bryce.

Yes it's NTSC only.. already tried S-video, got no sound, AV has clear sound and is grey scaled color. Would you happen to have a link to an Amazon or Ebay page selling the power supply I would need to power it when using the Multicart, once I order the cart I'll need to power the system so I won't damage anything.

Retrografx16

Quote from: Bryce on 21:43, 23 February 17
Yes, he says he's using a SCART to AV adapter, which is usually just a straight connection to pin 19 of the SCART connector.

That's Right I am Using SCART to AV with the 19 pin..
The original RF adaptor that came with it would not connect to any US style TV, So I am using the SCART. Also, I have too many systems hooked up to my other 3 newer TV's.. I have it hooked up in my temperature controlled garage to an older analog TV, where I have 5 other systems hooked up. I have tried using the normal RF adaptor a few different types, no results.

Thanks everyone for your input! it's greatly appreciated!

Retrografx16

Here's a photo of the SCART to AV I'm using;[attachimg=1]

n00b

Maybe a DIY SCART to VGA adaptor with an included LM1881 sync separator and audio over cinch would be an appropriate solution for hooking up the GX4000 to your newer TVs?

Something like that:

Bryce

That will only work if the TV has VGA and it accepts a 15kHz signal. A lot of assumptions there.

Bryce.

Gesendet von meinem Motorola DynaTAC 8000X mit Tapatalk.

anto_JOS

Hello.

I am interested in buying a c4cpc. Are there any available?

Retrografx16

So I have my Cart arriving in a few days, I've seen the main web page describing cart set up, my main question is how many roms can I put per folder?  Apologies if this has been asked thousands of times

Franco72

Hi.
I am interested in buying a C4CPC.
Is available?
I await news.
Thanks.
:) :)

KaosOverride

@gerald, from a question at the Facebook group about redumping the nocart games back to A: drive at the CPC+...

Is possible, with the adecuate changes, from the selector menu to load an util to RAM, load a CPR with the nocart game and run the util which should be firmware independent and dump the CPR back to the floppy drive?

The other way will be a more elaborated AMSDOS patch that supports ROM as A: and floppy as B: and using the free space of no LOGO code to put there an RSX disk copy util...

I know that this is a very different use of the cart than the original design , but maybe can be a useful unprotected dsk dumper...
KaosOverride · GitHub
MEGA Amstrad Public Amstrad folder

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Wouldn't it be easier to just add support for .dsk files on the SD card (as data files), and have a cartridge app that lets you select a .dsk file (like the C4 launch app), that then writes it to the floppy drive?

I assume that's the intention behind the request anyway?

gerald

Quote from: Sykobee (Briggsy) on 15:48, 21 March 17
Wouldn't it be easier to just add support for .dsk files on the SD card (as data files), and have a cartridge app that lets you select a .dsk file (like the C4 launch app), that then writes it to the floppy drive?

I assume that's the intention behind the request anyway?
I think so  ;)
This is possible, I've that on my (looooong) TODO list (McKlain talked about that times ago). Just had no time to implement it.
We can extend that to .sna support (however it may not work due to ROM), and .cdt (for masochist that prefer slow tape to CPR  :laugh: )

KaosOverride

Well, both ideas require the DSK info is fitted into ROM pages, and the nocart are allready converted.

What I don't know is how much of the cart firmware has to be changed to allow direct DSK read to rom pages, and the nocart dump should work just changing the selector image.

Anyway @gerald will tell if all this is possible, and if is or not too hard to make.
KaosOverride · GitHub

KaosOverride

Quote from: gerald on 17:18, 21 March 17
I think so  ;)
This is possible, I've that on my (looooong) TODO list (McKlain talked about that times ago). Just had no time to implement it.
We can extend that to .sna support (however it may not work due to ROM), and .cdt (for masochist that prefer slow tape to CPR  :laugh: )
I think that will require the C4CPC MCU read and convert DSK/SNA to rom pages and some firmware/basic/amsdos combo. SNA can be much easier, also...

Anyway glad to see you have all that at your ToDo list!!!
KaosOverride · GitHub

Kovalev

Please put me on the waiting list for the next batch!

amijim

DSK support sounds like the ultimate feature.I would really like rick dangerous 128+ playable through c4cpc cartridge.

ShadowTD

I'd also like to be put on the waiting list as well please, having finally bought a GX4000 after 27 years of waiting!

DanyPPC

Hello !
I'm a new fan of Amstrad CPC, i own a CPC464, CPC464Plus and recently i purchased  a CPC6128Plus which i intend to expand with an internal Gotek Drive Emulator (HxC firmware)
and possibly a new C4CPC Cartridge.

I'm really interested in buying a C4CPC cartridge for my 6128 system.

I would be happy to add to the booking list.

Thank you very much,
Danilo

Sorry for my poor english.
CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

GUNHED

Hi! I just saw that I need an USB cable for updating the C4CPC, right? Where can I buy one? Thanks for your help.
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

Sykobee (Briggsy)

It's a mini-USB port AFAICS.

** not micro-USB **

GUNHED

http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

DanyPPC

Finally, thanks to Gerald, i received my personal C4CPC Cartidge.
I'm very happy ! The Cart is a wonderful piece for my Amstrad CPC Plus, simply to use with a fast loader for every cpr file i selected.

I's a must to have for any Amstrad CPC Plus user !  :) :) :)

Thank you very much Gerald, you are a Great !

Danilo
CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

DanyPPC

Now i'm waiting for the C4CPC 3D Case, just ordered the last week.
So that i can complete my cartridge  ;)