News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Plus cartridge replacement : one more

Started by gerald, 16:39, 01 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in buying a 3D-printed case for the cartridge? Hoe many units? (only vote if you want one or more!)

178 (85.2%)
25 (12%)
2 (1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
more
4 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 209

McKlain

After finally getting my 6128 plus floppy drive working, I got this crazy idea...

@gerald , would it be possible to have an utility (something like the c4cpc file selector) that takes a DSK image on the SD Card and trasfers it to a real floppy disk on the 3" drive? That would remove all the hassle of connecting the 3" drive to an old pc, or having to use an external 3.5" drive.

gerald

Quote from: McKlain on 10:25, 11 June 15
After finally getting my 6128 plus floppy drive working, I got this crazy idea...

@gerald , would it be possible to have an utility (something like the c4cpc file selector) that takes a DSK image on the SD Card and trasfers it to a real floppy disk on the 3" drive? That would remove all the hassle of connecting the 3" drive to an old pc, or having to use an external 3.5" drive.
That would be possible if I had any skills on the floppy side  ;)
One way could be to adapt writedsk from the arkos ROM. This need to be checked with @Targhan

dragon

This is really very good idea,but it need can be transfer the dsk to 3" o 3.5" disk if the cpc have it.

You have find a way to solve the problems with the modern computers. You have a i7 without floppy drive?. With this you not need a pc more to transfer the dsk to the cpc.

McKlain

Let's hope that one of the programming masterminds of the CPC take the glove  ;D

TFM

Quote from: gerald on 10:53, 11 June 15
That would be possible if I had any skills on the floppy side  ;)
I got that. If you can send me chunks of data then I can write it for you. Just tell me which floppy routines you need and I will custom make them for you. / As long as you care about the SD card side.  ;D

Actually its simple. Two steps: Format disc (if format doesn't already fit). Then write sectors.

I also can use some FutureOS technology to make it really quick.

My problem: I can do that in Z80, not in C or anything else.

If this is getting serious, then PM me.  :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

McKlain

By the way @TFM , did you make a cpr version of futureOS version 8? I think that you already did some cpr of version 7.

TFM

Quote from: McKlain on 16:41, 11 June 15
By the way @TFM , did you make a cpr version of futureOS version 8? I think that you already did some cpr of version 7.

Yes, indeed. As announced here... wait did I forget to post that?

http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/FutureOS_System_.8_Preview!!!.zip

Go to sub folder Cartridges please.  :)

Back to topic now.  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

McKlain

And what about a snapshot (sna) loader? could also be possible?

CraigsBar

Quote from: McKlain on 08:19, 12 June 15
And what about a snapshot (sna) loader? could also be possible?
I was hoping for a multiface 2 save loader too.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

dcdrac

ok how if possible to get this working via the X mem expansion Symbos would love that extra ram

McKlain

dcdrac

When you have the X Mem memory expansion board plugged in it boots straight to the OS for that instead of going to the cartridge so I am would like to know how to run the cart with the x mem board plugged in.

skywalky

You have to put the second switch (BOOT) in the CPC position.

dcdrac

the second dipswitch on the cartridge put that on and it boots to the cart?

CraigsBar

Quote from: dcdrac on 10:44, 12 June 15
ok how if possible to get this working via the X mem expansion Symbos would love that extra ram
huh? Symbos already uses the extra ram of the xmem, and already has a SNA loader. I don't really get the question.

dcdrac

I have one of the new cartridges if I want it to boot into the cartridge Ihave to remove the Xmem board.

If I have the Xmem board plugged in I cannot boot from the cartridge.

I would like to add symbos to the cartridge and run it from that if possible.

gerald

Quote from: dcdrac on 14:58, 12 June 15
I have one of the new cartridges if I want it to boot into the cartridge Ihave to remove the Xmem board.

If I have the Xmem board plugged in I cannot boot from the cartridge.

I would like to add symbos to the cartridge and run it from that if possible.
There is a switch (the middle one) on the XMEM that makes it boot from the flash instead of the internal ROM/cartridge. Just toggle it and you should be able to boot on the cartridge.
To my knowledge, there is no cartridge for symbos.

CraigsBar

Quote from: gerald on 15:18, 12 June 15
There is a switch (the middle one) on the XMEM that makes it boot from the flash instead of the internal ROM/cartridge. Just toggle it and you should be able to boot on the cartridge.
not yet anyway...... I have plans ;)

TFM

Right, also I can confirm that the C4CPC is compatible to this:
- ROM-RAM-Box (Inicron)
- 512 KB RAM expansion (Inicron)
- Dobbertin HD20 hard-disc controller
- Lindy-Light-Pen-Module
- Vortex F1-D Controller

Had no time to check more, found 100% working well. (Of course I did NOT test things like the LowerROM expansion!).
TFM of FutureSoft

CraigsBar

Quote from: TFM on 16:13, 12 June 15
- ROM-RAM-Box (Inicron)
- Lindy-Light-Pen-Module
- Vortex F1-D Controller

Had no time to check more, found 100% working well. (Of course I did NOT test things like the LowerROM expansion!).
Bryce's lower ROM needs to by turned off for the c4cpc to work, just like to lower ROM on the xmem.

arnoldemu

Quote from: TFM on 16:13, 12 June 15
- ROM-RAM-Box (Inicron)
- Lindy-Light-Pen-Module
- Vortex F1-D Controller

Do you have that hardware on the machine that is with you?

If so I have some other tests I would like you to run...
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

TFM

What I can access from here is only the Mother X4, X-MEM, Y-MEM, X-MASS, PlayCity, Mini-Booster. Sorry. (CPC6128)
TFM of FutureSoft

dcdrac

Thank you that did the trick.

McKlain

Any news about the DSK writer and the SNA loader for the C4CPC?  ;D

(just kidding)

Ast

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !