News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Plus cartridge replacement : one more

Started by gerald, 16:39, 01 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in buying a 3D-printed case for the cartridge? Hoe many units? (only vote if you want one or more!)

178 (85.2%)
25 (12%)
2 (1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
more
4 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 209

Bryce

Bryce

Quote from: Keir on 15:46, 06 October 15

Nice job! Looks like careful modding with a needle file.

Yes, but it's an easy mod. Most of the holes are on the edge.

Bryce.

XWolf

Hi!

I'm interested in one cartidge, if you will make more!
Now is possible to get also the case isn't it? then I want one too.

Please tell me how to get one.

Thanks.

opossum

Quote from: Bryce on 20:54, 06 October 15
Yes, but it's an easy mod. Most of the holes are on the edge.

Bryce.

Pretty smooth job you did. Can you mod a cart for me?  ;D 8)

Bryce

Quote from: opossum on 10:07, 16 October 15
Pretty smooth job you did. Can you mod a cart for me?  ;D 8)

If you're willing to pay for the postage back and forth, however, it's not difficult to do yourself if you measure it accurately and don't try to rush the job.

Bryce.

gerald

Quote from: XWolf on 08:54, 16 October 15
I'm interested in one cartidge, if you will make more!
Please register and send me a PM ;)

pluto63

same interest sending pm, thank you

chinnyhill10

Could someone do a 3D print design for a cart and then perhaps we could do a group order of a case via a 3D printing service?
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Gryzor

McKlain

TFM

That's what Apes does since month for us! (I got mine in April or May or so). 8)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

dragon

Quote from: McKlain on 20:23, 16 October 15
Still waiting for my case...  :picard2:

I am in the reverse case, first i buy two cases but only one c4cpc. Now i wait to third bach arrive for  my second c4cpc :).

chinnyhill10

Quote from: TFM on 20:24, 16 October 15
That's what Apes does since month for us! (I got mine in April or May or so). 8)

I thought there was a problem with these cases?
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

McKlain

Bryce

Quote from: McKlain on 21:09, 16 October 15
The problem is that Apes is M.I.A.

M.I.A.? Mostly Interested in Amstrad? :)

Bryce.

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Phi2x

seanb

Quote from: phi2x on 09:05, 17 October 15
I got a refund from Apes. So I can confirm he's still alive and an honest guy.
If you're tired of waiting, you know what to do...

I'm worried about damaging my cart so I'm going to wait for mine to be printed
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

CraigsBar

Quote from: phi2x on 09:05, 17 October 15
I got a refund from Apes. So I can confirm he's still alive and an honest guy.
If you're tired of waiting, you know what to do...
Buy a pro tennis tour from tradeinpost.co.UK and cut/file in the holes yourself?

Sent from my A3-A30 using Tapatalk
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Phi2x

||C|-|E||

I have a question guys  :) . Sorry if this was asked before and is something very stupid, I was looking for the answer and there and I could not find it.

It turns out that using C4CPC I cannot load CP/M at all. It says something like "This program will not run in this environment. Press any key" and that is it. When I press a key the system just stays in BASIC. The thing is that I tried with one original cartridge (one of those with ParaDOS instead of Burning Rubber) and it works as it should, CP/M loads and I can run any program.

Do you know what is the reason? I have tried several different system versions from C4CPC and I have updated it with the last firmware, but CP/M just does not load.

Thank you!  :D

andycadley

Are you using the CPC+ version of CP/M? IIRC it checksums the ROM, so you have to have the right version for the right machine (alternatively you could probably make a cart image with older CPC ROMs I guess)

chinnyhill10

Quote from: phi2x on 20:54, 17 October 15
Why buy an extra Pro Tennis Tour cartridge?
The original Amstrad firmware/Burnin' Rubber cartridge is of no use anymore if we use the C4CPC.
So let's vampirize it instead.

Don't really think it's a clever thing to butcher up part of the original hardware. Mind you some people go and cut holes in their CPC's to install HxC's so what do I know?

Atari, Spectrum and Commodore owners have sexy modern cases for their SD card solutions. C64 owners can even have cases made from original C64 plastic! Sadly it appears CPC owners would rather have some yellowing 25 year old plastic instead. Go figure!
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

||C|-|E||

Quote from: andycadley on 09:01, 18 October 15
Are you using the CPC+ version of CP/M? IIRC it checksums the ROM, so you have to have the right version for the right machine (alternatively you could probably make a cart image with older CPC ROMs I guess)

Thank you! In principle, everything should be OK regarding compatibility (correct CPM version, etc) but I am going to try to boot with the cartridge file used in Winape and see what happens. I say this because CP/M in Winape works just fine...