News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Plus cartridge replacement : one more

Started by gerald, 16:39, 01 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in buying a 3D-printed case for the cartridge? Hoe many units? (only vote if you want one or more!)

178 (85.2%)
25 (12%)
2 (1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
more
4 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 209

robcfg

@Maniac did the labels, you can find them in the wiki, of course.

The file with the labels is slightly larger that A4, so tell the people that print them to not scale the file contents. Anyway, mine was scaled and it's a bit smaller than it should, but still looks good  ;D

Maniac

Quote from: robcfg on 14:01, 05 December 15
@Maniac did the labels, you can find them in the wiki, of course.

The file with the labels is slightly larger that A4, so tell the people that print them to not scale the file contents. Anyway, mine was scaled and it's a bit smaller than it should, but still looks good  ;D

So pleased to see someone using the labels!

Bit surprised about the comments re page size as the original Word document was A4. If you print from the PDF though I guess this maybe down to how that format scales documents when you go to print. As you say it should be fine if you don't scale it down.

Neil79

Is it just me or is the C4CPC courier tracking service really bad?

07/12/2015 Arrivée pays de destination GRANDE BRETAGNE (GB).
07/12/2015 Départ de France  GRANDE BRETAGNE (GB).
03/12/2015 Pris en charge à BIOT ST PHILIPPE BP (06).

What happened on the 4th and 5th? It arrived on the 7th in the UK in the morning, where has it been since then?
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

dragon

Quote from: Neil79 on 10:34, 09 December 15

What happened on the 4th and 5th? It arrived on the 7th in the UK in the morning, where has it been since then?

When a gerard send the c4cpc, in france is transport by the public nacional mail company. When the packet enter in to your country, the company transport is your public nacional company(royal mail). Is royal mail the company fail you, not la poste.

Correos is even worst, they only said packet into the country, in transit, in repart...

When the packet is in your country consult it in royal mail web page, not la poste.

gerald

Quote from: Neil79 on 10:34, 09 December 15

Tracking says it has been delivered today : 6 days journey, right the announced average delivery time to UK.
Now, what La Poste did the 4th and 5th. Either idling so they are sure you don't get before 6 days, or pile up letters before shipping them to UK. I let you guess.

Neil79

Quote from: gerald on 13:03, 09 December 15
Tracking says it has been delivered today : 6 days journey, right the announced average delivery time to UK.
Now, what La Poste did the 4th and 5th. Either idling so they are sure you don't get before 6 days, or pile up letters before shipping them to UK. I let you guess.

Yep arrived! Very happy, thanks Gerald!

ps You're not the only person to have difficulty with French - UK Royal Mail

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Bryce

Quote from: gerald on 13:03, 09 December 15

Hmmmm....  ::) Perhaps....

[attach=2]
French readers will get the joke.

Bryce.

dvallet

Hello

Can I still order 1 c4cpc cartridge ?
What i the price ?
Thanks a lot.

PS : I saw the case, nice piece of work. May be i'll print it in a fablab near my office.

weirdocollector

Hi gerald,

I've just sent you PM about buying a C4CPC.

Please contact me for exchanging the necessary details.  :)

Thanks a lot in advance,

Fabio.

Gryzor

Still not here... And I don't think I ever got a tracking number :(

remax

Well... Sadly i have too much work to do what i wanted to do

But i received my case on wednesday and it fits perfectly... I wanted to do a photo but you can see why i didn't.

Anyway, thanks Apes for your great work !
Brain Radioactivity

seanb

My case arrived last week but with the floods and no power and I now have caught a bug its stopped me from printing a cartridge sticker and posting pics.

I'll do that when I get round to it.
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

agod

Hi Everyone!

Could someone tell me how to order the cart?

Thanxs

fille1976

Gryzor

Oh! Forgot to say I got mine! They are almost perfect - the alignment is probably a few microns off, but it's not a problem. I've got one question: how do you close them? Do they just snap in place? I don't wanna try too hard...

OCT

Quote from: Piotr on 14:35, 06 December 14i spend 2 days for build my own and later i see here is ready ;) Uff i need to read more CPC Wiki ;)

My prototype ;)
amstrad gx4000 and 464,6128 plus cartridge, all in one,prototype test - YouTube
Care to share your design?
For as pointed out by...
Quote from: Bryce on 22:54, 13 November 14we also need a minimalist cart replacement: 512K EPROM and a CPLD ACID. These could be made very cheaply and new Cart games could be sold like that too for those who like to own the physical version.
...and seems to have set out on this: http://circuit-board.de/forum/index.php/Thread/15421-Amstrad-GX4000-Flash-Cart/?postID=383014#post383014
I understand Octoate has also been working on such a thing: Octoate/CPCCartridge · GitHub & Octoate's News - ACID Verilog code release

OCT

Quote from: TFM on 19:36, 05 January 15Yes, that can be done. And you can even proceed further and make a kind of 6128 Plus out of it. But for some parts you have to SMD solder at ASIC, that's 0.5 mm. Bryce did that for Craig IIRC. There is an original protocol from The Crainium somewhere which describes who to mod a GX4000 into a 6128 Plus.
The Cranium's instructions were in one of French Amstrad 100%'s final issues IIRC (don't have the copy at hand right now).

nivaria

OCT

Quote from: OCT on 18:15, 01 January 16
The Cranium's instructions were in one of French Amstrad 100%'s final issues IIRC (don't have the copy at hand right now).
N° 48, Juillet [19]93, pages 32-33:
The Cranium et Longshot
Comment transformer une GX-4000 en CPC Plus

arnoldemu

Quote from: OCT on 23:58, 06 January 16
N° 48, Juillet [19]93, pages 32-33:
The Cranium et Longshot
Comment transformer une GX-4000 en CPC Plus
How To Make a Real Plus Out of a GX-4000!
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Mark Thompson

Buying a new GX4000 and seeing one of these has piqued my interest so I'd be interested in buying one of these, but don't know how to - help!

TFM

Get an account first, or else nobody can PM you. Then read the first post.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Mark Thompson

Sorry about that and I understand I have to contact gerald so I'll do that later, but I hope he accepts PayPal though I'm sure any way to get this

TFM

So the C4CPC has problems with the SF2?
If you use an LD BC,&FD11:OUT (C),C to switch all ROMs off, then your software / all Cartridges should run well.
Eventually switch the SF2 ROMs on again with the LD BC,&FD11:IN A,(C) command.

It would be super easy to integrate this to the Cart management software.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus