News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Plus cartridge replacement : one more

Started by gerald, 16:39, 01 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in buying a 3D-printed case for the cartridge? Hoe many units? (only vote if you want one or more!)

178 (85.2%)
25 (12%)
2 (1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
more
4 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 209

gerald

Quote from: TFM on 21:01, 16 February 16
So the C4CPC has problems with the SF2?
If you use an LD BC,&FD11:OUT (C),C to switch all ROMs off, then your software / all Cartridges should run well.
Eventually switch the SF2 ROMs on again with the LD BC,&FD11:IN A,(C) command.

It would be super easy to integrate this to the Cart management software.
Already done and tested.

TFM

Quote from: gerald on 21:29, 16 February 16
Already done and tested.

Ok, so what are the results of the texts. Does it work in reality as expected from theory?

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

keysoft

I'm interested in a C4CPC. where or how I can buy it?

ukmarkh

Quote from: Neil79 on 13:15, 09 December 15

Yep arrived! Very happy, thanks Gerald!

ps You're not the only person to have difficulty with French - UK Royal Mail

How on earth have you got that Plus model working with that screen. No matter what wide screen I try, the image is messed up?  :-\

Munchausen

Quote from: OCT on 17:54, 01 January 16
Care to share your design?
For as pointed out by......and seems to have set out on this: http://circuit-board.de/forum/index.php/Thread/15421-Amstrad-GX4000-Flash-Cart/?postID=383014#post383014
I understand Octoate has also been working on such a thing: Octoate/CPCCartridge · GitHub & Octoate's News - ACID Verilog code release

TBH, I don't understand what's really wrong with the JK flip-flop solution in this case. It isn't as though you are likely to be resetting the machine a lot when using a cart someone has built for a single game.

Nick1980

Hello,

Would it be possible to order one of your fabulous C4CPU cartridges to use on a GX4000?

Happy to pay what ever it costs and also could I ask what PSU is bet to run the console.

Sorry I am new to this.

Many thanks

opossum

Hi there, I'm in need of a ready made C4CPC cartridge shell with sticker... Is there anyone who can help?  :) :P

OCT

Quote from: opossum on 12:41, 06 March 16
Hi there, I'm in need of a ready made C4CPC cartridge shell with sticker... Is there anyone who can help?  :) :P
I happen to have a white cartridge FDMed by Apes sitting on my shelf, yours at 8€ + shipping. This should more easily fit a GX4000 than the deeper depths of my CPC6128plus.

opossum

Quote from: OCT on 13:26, 06 March 16
I happen to have a white cartridge FDMed by Apes sitting on my shelf, yours at 8€ + shipping. This should more easily fit a GX4000 than the deeper depths of my CPC6128plus.

Ok, it's for my GX4000 infact, you have a PM ;)

dragon

A thought gerald.

Can be(technically speaking of course).The c4cpc load a picture of the game when you select one game?.I mean, i view in games using rasters can use two modes in the screen.So i thinks if the cpc can load the two things, the list game, and a capture. mame front loader style.

I noy sure really if the cpc can handle a picture of himself, as the picture cannot be more than 16 colours. wtf. But, at least a aproximity.

Or at least press button 2 to view a picture of the game in full screen.

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 15:05, 07 March 16
A thought gerald.

Can be(technically speaking of course).The c4cpc load a picture of the game when you select one game?.I mean, i view in games using rasters can use two modes in the screen.So i thinks if the cpc can load the two things, the list game, and a capture. mame front loader style.

I noy sure really if the cpc can handle a picture of himself, as the picture cannot be more than 16 colours. wtf. But, at least a aproximity.

Or at least press button 2 to view a picture of the game in full screen.

Good idea  :D

Looking forward to the instructions being displayed and maybe who converted the games.  ;D

andycadley

Even if the C4CPC is capable, CPR files don't contain any information about the screen layout, pixel data or colours so you'd have to get all that added into the file format first then redo every cart image to add in the data.

dragon

But they not need access to the cpr. no?. I mean,  now the cpr loader access to sd cart to read the cpr list,so he can't read a picture from a folder of pictures with the same name as the .cpr ¿?.

Simple as, take a picture with pc with emulator running. Use ConvimgCPC generate the screen, and c4cpc load it. thats all.

Not necessary in colour, maybe black and white to make it universal witouth aditional color data.

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Am interested in getting hold of one of these - due to time it doesn't have to be immediate but if there's a list for the next round?

gerald

Quote from: Sykobee (Briggsy) on 00:48, 17 March 16
Am interested in getting hold of one of these - due to time it doesn't have to be immediate but if there's a list for the next round?
No more list or next round  :o
I'm building them on order until I run out of components  ;)
I usually have one or two in advance.

Dubbing

Hi Gerald!  Im also interested in buying one. Please contact me so we can talk it over! Thanx

Bryce

Quote from: Dubbing on 13:57, 06 April 16
Hi Gerald!  Im also interested in buying one. Please contact me so we can talk it over! Thanx

Without any contact details (which you shouldn't post in an open forum), Gerald probably won't be able to contact you. Create an account so that he can contact you through a private message.

Bryce.

Dubbing

Quote from: Bryce on 14:09, 06 April 16
Without any contact details (which you shouldn't post in an open forum), Gerald probably won't be able to contact you. Create an account so that he can contact you through a private message.

Bryce.

You are right. Thought the email I entered when posting would do it.
Now Im registered, hope Gerald can contact me. Thanx

gerald

Quote from: Dubbing on 10:12, 08 April 16
You are right. Thought the email I entered when posting would do it.
Now Im registered, hope Gerald can contact me. Thanx
PM replied  :)

opticpow

Hi @gerald, I'm interested in one thanks.

Wayne.

DJO

Hi All

I recently got a GX4000 and would love a C4CPC.

Gerald, if you have any left, how much do these cost?

Cheers
David

maxicpc

Hi Gerald, I only speak Spanish, and also buy a c4cpc cartridge, if possible, if you can get in touch with me and explain what the situation, I appreciate it.

A greeting.

gerald

Quote from: maxicpc on 21:20, 11 May 16
Hi Gerald, I only speak Spanish, and also buy a c4cpc cartridge, if possible, if you can get in touch with me and explain what the situation, I appreciate it.

A greeting.
you have a PM ;)

zeropolis79

Now I have a 464 Plus, I regret selling mine when I needed cash.. Can I be put down for one please? Thanks

Eduard del rio

Hi there! Is there any units available? I'd like to purchase one is possible!!
Thanks in advance!!