News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Plus cartridge replacement : one more

Started by gerald, 16:39, 01 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in buying a 3D-printed case for the cartridge? Hoe many units? (only vote if you want one or more!)

178 (85.2%)
25 (12%)
2 (1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
more
4 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 209

zeropolis79

I reccall reading some months ago that someone had released a series of cart shells for the C4CPC? Can these still be brought? Many thanks

gerald

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 14:32, 14 May 16
I reccall reading some months ago that someone had released a series of cart shells for the C4CPC? Can these still be brought? Many thanks
have a look there : C4CPC 3D printed cartridge
You will find link for online order. All3DP seems to be the way to go.

zeropolis79

Thanks mate!

Now to decide if I should use the monitor (and take up space) or go the SCART option..

keanebg1

Gerald, I am really interested in buying one of your C4CPC carts. Can you please PM me the details on how to order.

Thanks!

Luis Guilherme

Interested in acquiring a cartridge too, with 3d printed box

Joss

Hi @gerald ! I was sending you a PM to ask you if it is possible to get a C4CPC. Thank you in advance!

Brocan

First of all, hi everyone!

I've just bought a GX4000 unit, and searching i've found this flashcard. I've few questions @geralt : How I can buy it? It's done by batches? In that case, how I can sign up?

Thanks in advance! :D

Phantomz

I don't know if anyone want's them, but I've changed the controls for " Burnin Rubber " in the System Cartridges.

I've put updated versions in my next post.  ;D

Devilmarkus

I followed this discussion much, about you have to change the power supply for GX4000 when you use the C4CPC.
Is this also necessary, when you connect it to the MM14 color monitor with 5v? Or is the power from MM14 strong enough?
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

arnoldemu

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 14:21, 11 June 16
I followed this discussion much, about you have to change the power supply for GX4000 when you use the C4CPC.
Is this also necessary, when you connect it to the MM14 color monitor with 5v? Or is the power from MM14 strong enough?
I use a CM14 and it's been ok so far. I'm hoping it's fine  :D
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

gerald

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 14:21, 11 June 16
The power delivered by the monitor is more than enough for the GX4000 + C4CPC.
The GX4000+C4CPC requires about 500mA, the monitor can provide a bit more than 2A.

Devilmarkus

Good then ;) I just unboxed a brand new GX 4000 today ;)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Phantomz

CPC PLUS OS CARTS - BURNIN RUBBER MOD

I don't know if anyone want's them, but I've changed the controls for " Burnin Rubber " in the System Cartridges.

I know you can redefine the controls, but I've made it default to the following; ( no more pushing up to accelerate )

Button 1 = Accelerate
Button 2 = Brake
UP = Change Up a gear
DOWN = Change down a gear

Someone asked me to change the controls in " Burnin Rubber " in the Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic.

I've changed both Joypad 1 and 2 to the new controls!

I though that I might aswell change the controls in these versions too, so there here if anyone wants them.  ;D

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:56, 11 June 16

I know you can redefine the controls, but I've made it default to the following; ( no more pushing up to accelerate )

Button 1 = Accelerate
Button 2 = Brake
UP = Change Up a gear

Someone asked me to change the controls in " Burnin Rubber " in the Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic.

I though that I might aswell change the controls in these versions too, so there here if anyone wants them.  ;D
Oh great! I now need to remake all my fw3.1x + parados1.2+ carts now. Thanks for the better default controls tho. Up to accelerate is crazy.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 01:30, 12 June 16
Oh great! I now need to remake all my fw3.1x + parados1.2+ carts now. Thanks for the better default controls tho. Up to accelerate is crazy.

@CraigsBar

You're welcome   ;)

Are you ok with Burnin Rubber defaulting to " Automatic Gears " I can change it to " Manual Gears " if you'd prefer?  ;D

CraigsBar

Na, automatic is fine for me lol.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:56, 11 June 16

Button 1 = Accelerate
Button 2 = Brake
UP = Change Up a gear

You can redefine the controls anyway. Been doing this since early 1991. In fact I seem to to do it subconciously!
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

remax

In what format must the SD card be formatted ? Fat16 ? Fat32 ?
Brain Radioactivity

gerald

Quote from: remax on 14:07, 04 July 16
In what format must the SD card be formatted ? Fat16 ? Fat32 ?
16 or 32 should be working. Even FAT12 should.

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

remax

Quote from: gerald on 14:20, 04 July 16
16 or 32 should be working. Even FAT12 should.

OK... I tried to change the SD card cause i need the one you put in another device, and i have a black screen (i have the correct screen with no SD card)...

So i can scratch the format from the list of potential cause of incompatibility
Brain Radioactivity

gerald

Quote from: remax on 15:19, 04 July 16

OK... I tried to change the SD card cause i need the one you put in another device, and i have a black screen (i have the correct screen with no SD card)...

So i can scratch the format from the list of potential cause of incompatibility
It could be a SD issue or FAT. I've tried my best, but bug cannot be excluded.
I'll not be able to do anything for the 2 coming weeks, but do you have the details of the card (size / brand) so I can check it.

remax

Quote from: gerald on 20:38, 04 July 16
It could be a SD issue or FAT. I've tried my best, but bug cannot be excluded.
I'll not be able to do anything for the 2 coming weeks, but do you have the details of the card (size / brand) so I can check it.

Ok, it wasn't a bug neither an incompatibilty.

I remembered the days when i installed Dingux on my Dingoo and the system files had to be the first ones copied to the SD card.

Here it's exactly the same thing, you have to copy the base content just after having formatted to make sure these files are at the beginning of the SD card.

As i was trying to copy back all the content from my other card on this one, it must have put the system files somewhere else, hence the problems.

It might be worth noting it on the wiki...
Brain Radioactivity

gerald

Quote from: remax on 16:27, 11 July 16
Here it's exactly the same thing, you have to copy the base content just after having formatted to make sure these files are at the beginning of the SD card.

As i was trying to copy back all the content from my other card on this one, it must have put the system files somewhere else, hence the problems.
As long as you have a _C4CPC folder at the root of the SD, it should work.
I'll make some more test when I come back.

remax

Quote from: gerald on 19:21, 11 July 16
As long as you have a _C4CPC folder at the root of the SD, it should work.
I'll make some more test when I come back.

I had it, as i copied a working config from another card...

For testing, i suggest to format the card, copy a lot of files (for ex the content of my C4CPC ports collection), the copy your cprselect file.
Brain Radioactivity