News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Plus cartridge replacement : one more

Started by gerald, 16:39, 01 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in buying a 3D-printed case for the cartridge? Hoe many units? (only vote if you want one or more!)

178 (85.2%)
25 (12%)
2 (1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
more
4 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 209

TFM

Quote from: remax on 20:57, 11 July 16
... copy a lot of files (for ex the content of my C4CPC ports collection), the copy your cprselect file.

Do we have somewhere on the Wiki or somewhere else a collection of everything converted? It would be nice to have one thing which contains everything.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

CraigsBar

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

TFM

Quote from: CraigsBar on 18:38, 14 July 16
What, you mean like just here? Converted GX4000 games - CPCWiki

Yes, but no.  :)

That's only games, but it lacks f.e. Diagnostic Cart, FutureOS on Cart, Carts with ROMs included (like the one which contains Protext, Maxam, RDOS, BCPL, X-DDOS and so on).
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Phantomz

Maybe change the page from " Converted GX4000 games " to " Converted GX4000 Software ", then have sections for Games, Programs, Demos. ( Just an idea ).  ;D

The OS carts that I remapped the controls for Burnin Runner could be added too then, and maybe also " Burnin Rubber " that I remapped the controls for.

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 15:30, 16 July 16
Maybe change the page from " Converted GX4000 games " to " Converted GX4000 Software ", then have sections for Games, Programs, Demos. ( Just an idea ).  ;D

The OS carts that I remapped the controls for Burnin Runner could be added too then, and maybe also " Burnin Rubber " that I remapped the controls for.

Yeah, feel free to do it.
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 17:23, 16 July 16

Yeah, feel free to do it.

I'm not sure how people want the page set up, I just about managed to figure out how to add games that I converted.

I haven't got the time free to do it at the moment anyhow, maybe you, dragon, or someone else might like to do it.  ;)

I will try and upload the next cpr ( Scramble Spirits  ) to the forum later if I can.  :)

parodius

Is there a thread somewhere to vote for or suggest next game conversions to GX4000 format to The Powers That Be ?
I was pretty dismayed that the converted Double Dragon & DD2 are the "bad" version... I didn't even know that this version of DD2 existed.

Edit: oh... the "good" versions might be 128k only ?  :'(

dragon

Yeah all the good double dragon games use 128k thats the reasos the gx4000 have the crap versions :)

Brian Johnston

Hi
I'm wanting to buy one of these great sd cards, I have a 6128 & 464plus on there way, first time I've owned Amstrad.

Does the sd card come with extra ram to boost my 464plus to 128K?
If not is there a external 512k memory upgrade i can buy?, I read somewhere they used to make them but unable to find.

Thanks

Brian.

gerald

Quote from: Brian Johnston on 17:40, 01 August 16
Hi
I'm wanting to buy one of these great sd cards, I have a 6128 & 464plus on there way, first time I've owned Amstrad.

If not is there a external 512k memory upgrade i can buy?, I read somewhere they used to make them but unable to find.

Thanks

Brian.
For ordering a C4CPC, just register and send me a PM.
C4CPC is just a cartridge replacement, it does not and cannot add RAM to you CPC, for that you need an XMEM

dragon

A strance things  happend today in my 6128+

I mount the plus to try my new hxc. And sometimes where i off/on the cpc  c4cpc stops in the list menu all draw but  without items in the list.

So i extract the card and try the other  microsd from my other c4cpc, and i not observe that. I exchangue the cards. And problem return.

So i delete all files, and i copy the files from the other good memory.

Then after put it in the c4cpc cpc says not cartridge ¿?.

So after format it and reinstall. It appears work, but not it freezes loading a game.

Finally i exchangue the card to the card of hxc.  And after recopy the patched games it work. But the card exchanged works in hxc.

Maybe the microsd is bad? to strange. I need test the c4cpc with a new microsd.

Now it works

gerald

Quote from: dragon on 23:47, 02 August 16
A strance things  happend today in my 6128+

I mount the plus to try my new hxc. And sometimes where i off/on the cpc  c4cpc stops in the list menu all draw but  without items in the list.

So i extract the card and try the other  microsd from my other c4cpc, and i not observe that. I exchangue the cards. And problem return.

So i delete all files, and i copy the files from the other good memory.

Then after put it in the c4cpc cpc says not cartridge ¿?.

So after format it and reinstall. It appears work, but not it freezes loading a game.

Finally i exchangue the card to the card of hxc.  And after recopy the patched games it work. But the card exchanged works in hxc.

Maybe the microsd is bad? to strange. I need test the c4cpc with a new microsd.

Now it works

Any chance you can send me the faulty sd card so I can check what's wrong ?

Audronic

I have just sent away 2 - 32 Gig to a friend up in Sydney and they were both ?? Unbranded ?? They will format OK
Copy some Files files to it and it seems OK BBUUTT then try and copy 20 Other files and it locks up on 2 Machines that he was to do the work on.
I have sent him a Pair of Scissors and a note.:  "Have Fun."
Please purchase Certified (Good brand name) 4 and above MicroSD cards.
Good luck    Ray

Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Bryce

Quote from: Brian Johnston on 17:40, 01 August 16
Hi

Thanks

Brian.

You should upgrade the 464+ to 128K internally before you add any external RAM.

Bryce.

dragon

Quote from: gerald on 06:00, 03 August 16
Any chance you can send me the faulty sd card so I can check what's wrong ?

First i want make  new tests. I wait recieve a new sd card to use withe the hxc. Then i format the original microsd of c4pc and try reinstall it and see if i can reproduce the problem. In the two c4cpc To discard  a c4cpc problem.

gerald

Quote from: dragon on 08:55, 03 August 16
First i want make  new tests. I wait recieve a new sd card to use withe the hxc. Then i format the original microsd of c4pc and try reinstall it and see if i can reproduce the problem. In the two c4cpc To discard  a c4cpc problem.
If you can make a dump of the card (full physical dump with dd or equivalent) before formatting, that might be fine also.
There may be some bug the the card handling code and anything that kick them is good ;)

dragon

Oh.  But the card was formatted the other day when i swap the carsd of hxc

I try it and it appear works. The c4cpc and the card.

So i think is best i left the card inside the cartridge, and if the errors returns. Then i send you the card with the error inside.

i exchange and format  it because i not have more cards  In these moment :).

If is a bug it probably returns in one moment or another.With normal use.

gerald

I've just released a new FW for the card, hopefully this should fix the problem found by @dragon and @remax
You can found it at the usual place
For any issue with the update, please use dedicated thread : C4CPC FW update

remax

Quote from: gerald on 14:55, 06 August 16
I've just released a new FW for the card, hopefully this should fix the problem found by @dragon and @remax
You can found it at the usual place
For any issue with the update, please use dedicated thread : C4CPC FW update

That's great... though to be honnest, i don't think i'll go through the hassle of exchange the SD card once again  :D

... so won't be able to confirm it's working  :-[
Brain Radioactivity

Gryzor

Ok guys, still wading through all the discussions I missed during my vacation, just redirected the page. Try visiting Converted GX4000 Software - CPCWiki :)

Gryzor

(actually, try visiting:

[url=http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Converted_GX4000_games]Converted GX4000 Software - CPCWiki[/url]
. The forum pulls the new title/URL... )

dragon

Well, as i search  made all 1 one system cartridge to put in one of the slots without need to change the interruptors later or have  to search the system rom all the time.

I have semisucesfully integrated cpr loader and hxc rom in one cartridge.

It have two fails,I not know how change the rsx name, because when i change the last letter.I lost |B ??.

Solve to. I think is finished.

In the other hand the other little problem is when you are in hxc rom and you save it I waiting it returns to the burning rubber menu.(cpcreset) But instead of that. It returns to the cpr loader. . And you need press 1. (have the rom in a slot). ??? .

solved: it returns to my code because it returns to  call rst 18 and jumps to the c4cpc rom wtf.

So extracting the pile and injection a new direction in the pile of return to reset the cpc to basic solve the problem.

so |game launch burning rubber,|jeux lauch hxc and |juego lauch c4cpc cartridge loader.

edit:
Now |game or |spiel launch burning rubber. |hxc launch hxc |c4cpc run c4cpc cpr select.

The cartridge use  spanish rom. (6128+)

seanb

Am I correct in thinking that this means the c4cpc can now load hfe files as if it was a hxc?
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

dragon

Nope. you need a hxc.

Is a os where you can acess c4cpc or rom hxc.

If you put it an c4cpc slot and select the switch. it boot os as all life. But in basic you can acess hxc rom or c4cpc typin |x

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 20:30, 15 August 16
Well, as i search  made all 1 one system cartridge to put in one of the slots without need to change the interruptors later or have  to search the system rom all the time.

I have semisucesfully integrated cpr loader and hxc rom in one cartridge.

It have two fails,I not know how change the rsx name, because when i change the last letter.I lost |B ??.

Solve to. I think is finished.

In the other hand the other little problem is when you are in hxc rom and you save it I waiting it returns to the burning rubber menu.(cpcreset) But instead of that. It returns to the cpr loader. . And you need press 1. (have the rom in a slot). ??? .

solved: it returns to my code because it returns to  call rst 18 and jumps to the c4cpc rom wtf.

So extracting the pile and injection a new direction in the pile of return to reset the cpc to basic solve the problem.

so |game launch burning rubber,|jeux lauch hxc and |juego lauch c4cpc cartridge loader.

edit:
Now |game or |spiel launch burning rubber. |hxc launch hxc |c4cpc run c4cpc cpr select.

The cartridge use  spanish rom. (6128+)

Nice work @dragon  8)

I've just converted your work ( Spanish.rom ) to be the English version.  ;D

So here is the English version, same as above, |game or |spiel launch burning rubber. |hxc launch hxc |c4cpc run c4cpc cpr select.

I've changed the Burnin Rubber controls to use Button 1 = Accelerate, Button 2 = Brake, UP = Change Up a gear, DOWN   = Change down a gear.

I've also included poked versions that give infinite time.  :D