News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Plus cartridge replacement : one more

Started by gerald, 16:39, 01 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in buying a 3D-printed case for the cartridge? Hoe many units? (only vote if you want one or more!)

178 (85.2%)
25 (12%)
2 (1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
more
4 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 209

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 15:48, 17 August 16
Nice work @dragon  8)

I've just converted your work ( Spanish.rom ) to be the English version.  ;D

So here is the English version, same as above, |game or |spiel launch burning rubber. |hxc launch hxc |c4cpc run c4cpc cpr select.

I've changed the Burnin Rubber controls to use Button 1 = Accelerate, Button 2 = Brake, UP = Change Up a gear, DOWN   = Change down a gear.

I've also included poked versions that give infinite time.  :D

Any chance of one of these (or both the poked and unpoked) that have parados 1.2+? I know I could do it myself but I'd need to split the image into 8, replace part 4 then rebuild it all :)

Thanks

Craig

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

dragon

Quote from: CraigsBar on 18:17, 17 August 16

Any chance of one of these (or both the poked and unpoked) that have parados 1.2+? I know I could do it myself but I'd need to split the image into 8, replace part 4 then rebuild it all :)

Thanks

Craig

Who  split in 8 what complicated.

These are the rom i use.The patch is diferent from amsdos and parados be carefuul  Do not mix files, spcecially parados/amsdos and hxrom.

Simply modify burning rubber slot 4. And upload it in the order 0:os 1:basic 2:burnig rubber slot 2, 3:amsdos/parados 4:br 4 5 :br 5 6:br 6 7:br  8:hxc rom 9:c4cpc(cprselect.bin)

[Grimware] CPR Builder

Note:i wait spanish version with burning rubber controls changed.  :D

CraigsBar

So can you take the non-patched (I don't cheat at br) and replace amsdos with parados 1.2+

My approach would be to convert the CPR to bin, split it into 16k chunks, 10 of them.
Replace the 4th (slot 3) with parados 1.2+ then remerge before finally converting back to CPR.

A pain in the arse I think you'll agree.

dragon

Quote from: CraigsBar on 19:22, 17 August 16
So can you take the non-patched (I don't cheat at br) and replace amsdos with parados 1.2+

My approach would be to convert the CPR to bin, split it into 16k chunks, 10 of them.
Replace the 4th (slot 3) with parados 1.2+ then remerge before finally converting back to CPR.

A pain in the arse I think you'll agree.

Yeah, but these roms are patched. Amsdos have a table of jumps in the begginng that when you write |game. tell here where jump. All four |game variants jump to same site.

In the patch os normal I rejump it to a empty espace in amsdos. In these space i write the code to tell her go to hxc or c4cpc.

But in the case of parados, parados use all empty free space in amsdos eeprom. So i made a diferent aproach. 

When you type |game or other of four. All they jump to the same site. The finish of the hxc rom. Then it copy a little code to ram and execute it.

The litte code look where os chek the string you enter in basic. As you only go here after pas os check it only look the first letter. "G" "H" "S"  and then launch what your want, if he not found g h or s it suposely you want c4cpc.

hxc is executed in rom, but c4cpc is copy to &0000 (because its designed to run here).

But yeah, you can take a unpatched os and simply subsitute amsdos with parados.

Really patching burning rubber is more easy,only change the hex code with hex editor :) .

Anyway i very grateful to arnoldemu how take the beating years ago of dissasembly the os and coment it. very hepful.  :)

CraigsBar

Quote from: dragon on 19:38, 17 August 16
Yeah, but these roms are patched. Amsdos have a table of jumps in the begginng that when you write |game. tell here where jump. All four |game variants jump to same site.

In the patch os normal I rejump it to a empty espace in amsdos. In these space i write the code to tell her go to hxc or c4cpc.

But in the case of parados, parados use all empty free space in amsdos eeprom. So i made a diferent aproach. 

When you type |game or other of four. All they jump to the same site. The finish of the hxc rom. Then it copy a little code to ram and execute it.

The litte code look where os chek the string you enter in basic. As you only go here after pas os check it only look the first letter. "G" "H" "S"  and the launch what your want, if he not found g h or s it suposely you want c4cpc.

But yeah, you can take a unpatched os and simply subsitute amsdos with parados.

Really patching burning rubber is more easy,only change the hex code with hex editor :) .

Anyway i very grateful to arnoldemu how take the beating years ago of dissasembly the os and coment it. very hepful.  :)

So it's not possible... Damn!

dragon

Quote from: CraigsBar on 19:42, 17 August 16

So it's not possible... Damn!

Yes you can do but  normally withouth add on |x :) i mean unpatched amsdos->unpatched parados.

CraigsBar

Yeah, not much point. I have that already but was hoping to shift the hxc ROM out of my xmem ;)

dragon

Quote from: CraigsBar on 21:52, 17 August 16
Yeah, not much point. I have that already but was hoping to shift the hxc ROM out of my xmem ;)

Mmm  I not sure if i understand you. What do you want to do exactly?

The cartridge with parados? I put it this morning:

HxC game pack.

Audronic

Quote from: CraigsBar on 18:17, 17 August 16
Thanks
Craig
Hi Craig
I convert CPR to BIN then
I use Hexedit on a Mac and copy and paste the replacement version of EG:- Parados or ?? to the appropriate location.
I am then burning these to an eeprom 29C010A an placing in a spare Cartridge.
I am using this while i wait for my C4CPC to arrive.

Good luck  Ray

Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

CraigsBar

Quote from: dragon on 22:27, 17 August 16
Mmm  I not sure if i understand you. What do you want to do exactly?

The cartridge with parados? I put it this morning:

HxC game pack.
OK. We have here a system cart (without parados) that will launch burning rubber, hxc and c4cpc. Thus allowing hxc ROM to be deleted from the xmem. No point in loading in there, when it loads from the cart. One ROM slot saved. Having access to c4cpc without a reboot us great too.

So idealy i'd like this same system cart (with br, hxc and c4cpc) but with added parados. ;) I get reasons why it's not possible, so no biggy.

Craig

dragon

Quote from: CraigsBar on 00:16, 18 August 16
OK. We have here a system cart (without parados) that will launch burning rubber, hxc and c4cpc. Thus allowing hxc ROM to be deleted from the xmem. No point in loading in there, when it loads from the cart. One ROM slot saved. Having access to c4cpc without a reboot us great too.

So idealy i'd like this same system cart (with br, hxc and c4cpc) but with added parados. ;) I get reasons why it's not possible, so no biggy.

Craig

But its made!!.

I made two version one with old os br hxc y c4cpc and other with parados br  hxc and c4cpc.

We have 9 system carts patched.

1: system cart with menu+amsdos 0.7+ hxc+c4cpc spanish
2: systemcart withouth menu+amsdos 0.7+hxc+c4cpc spanish
3: same as 1 but english os
4: same as 2 but english os
5: same as 1 but french os
6: same as 2 but french os
7: system cart with parados+hxc+c4cpc+spanish.
8 same as 7 english
9 same as 7 french
+: phantom z burning ruber keys patched cartridge.

So  i don't understand. Or do you want  the two os amsdos + parados in the same cartridge?.

If is the case amsdos+parados. Add another rom makes system cartridge  not boot in a slot because >160k.

And as it not is a rsx at use it not be reconized by the os. But you can put one in a 1 slot 2 in another slot. And swich  it. Or reload it witch c4cpc.

dragon

I litte update: now hxc retuns to basic and no need to type |b when exit of hxc + br patch key.

dragon

Update: now hxc have parameters |hxc,"a" or |hxc,"b" force hxc search in these drive. Or |hxc,0 |hxc,1

type |hxc only make her search where you are.

updated fixed fdd drive selection in firmw 3.15
update alternative code to no use amdos variable free space in memory.

dragon

Add symbos(2,1 need use de dsk por the apps).. (To make something with the spiel : P).

|symbos

DJO

Hi all,

I just wanted to post a public thanks to gerald as my C4CPC arrived today, ultra quick and friendly service, looks a super bit of kit.

Got a beefier power supply, DON'T use the Amstrad one!

Cheers
David

Whisper

I'm newbie in Amstrad World. Recently I've gotten a CPC 464 PLUS, and I was looking for differents ways to "give to eat" to the machine.. And I've finished here..

I would like to know if another batch for  these carts is on the way. If the answer is YES,

"one please"  :)

Thanks in advanced

gerald

Quote from: Whisper on 14:54, 02 October 16
I'm newbie in Amstrad World. Recently I've gotten a CPC 464 PLUS, and I was looking for differents ways to "give to eat" to the machine.. And I've finished here..

I would like to know if another batch for  these carts is on the way. If the answer is YES,

"one please"  :)

Thanks in advanced
PMed  ;)

dragon

There are the final release of the patched cartridges. I not tested the twenty versions, but i hope it work without problems, as they are only copy & paste.

At finish they inlcude burning rubber patched,c4cpc,hxc,symbos 2.1,future os last version,and cp/m with all acessory roms.

The instructions are inside. Remember are dependant of rom 7. So probaly when use any expansion as m4, when rom 7 is override it not work. The add expansions not consume memory ram.And tecnically not exist for the os. So the 16/32 roms initialize the cpc os are free for other uses :) .

I not planned do more modifications until some update of the s.o type symbos 3.0 (estable) or similarity. Or a bug. If a cartridge in any languaje  not work o.k tell me.

edit:2 cpm/ and future os are fixed.

https://mega.nz/#!B9wQXT4S!H2gA0cOFPN-Z6q5CEWwhzwjXXBgqyDA-S34-IOTA3RY

chalcedony

I just wanted to feedback that I have received a C4CPC from Gerald.  Fabulous piece of kit and a really helpful and quick service.  It was a present for someone and we're both very happy.

Thanks very much.

dragon

Cartridges fixed link in the other post.

gerald

The last C4CPC of 2016 has been shipped.

amijim

Dear Community,
i am very happy for having found you,my 16months old son will take his first gaming lessons the correct way when time comes.In the mean time, can somebody make a cpr version of the rick dangerous 128+ edition?I know gx4000 lack the 128k memory but there are so many owners of 6128+.Actually it was my first NEW computer .I am trying to but....nocart32 creates a non working cpr file.Well ,you and i have about 3 years untill Alexander learns the correct way the world of gaming and part of retro computin knowledge is "patience"!!!Once again Gerarld i would like to thank you and suggest to prepare another batch of them.Somebody will come to your door sooner or later.You can really see me that i cannot hide my enthusiasm.

dragon

Rick dangerous 128 Plus is a Game made by the fano team. Probably they use a custom direct acces disk. My opinion in these modern games is the autors of the game patch/game. Are the persons designated to adapt it.

They have the source Code of they loader. Is more easy for they adapt the game that for me, because i need take a look at the entire game to search the disk subtutines in all loads. And they know what need to change directly.

So ask fano :).

keith56

+Recieved my cart this week, Absolutely excellent!

Using it on a Azerty 6128+ - I can now use Parados to format my 3.5 inch disks - and reconfigure the Keyboard to Qwerty - for me this alone makes it worth owning

Oh, and the chance to play the rarer games for the CPC+ that I'll never be able to get on cartridge!

Great stuff.
Chibi Akumas: Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter!
Learn ARM, 8086, Z80, 6502 or 68000 with my tutorials: www.assemblytutorial.com
My Assembly programming book is available now on amazon!