News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Plus cartridge replacement : one more

Started by gerald, 16:39, 01 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephilim and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Are you interested in buying a 3D-printed case for the cartridge? Hoe many units? (only vote if you want one or more!)

178 (85.2%)
25 (12%)
2 (1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
more
4 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 209

Gryzor

Yes! Yes!!!

I really wanna put my hands on one :)

Phantomz

I'd love one of these please if there is one available down the list.  :)

NeoRame

i hope i will not came to late, i saw that awesome post very late... quickly registered... and here i am  :laugh:

i would take one of this cool kit if its possible ;D

kind regards
NeoRame

Shining

So after all the others, please also one for me...
TGS is back

Download my productions at:
cpc.scifinet.org

Phi2x

Guy0me

I will take one too if you still have some kits.  :-X
I hope the C4CPC can restore pride to 6128+ and becomes the CPC who was expected by everyone!

yurif74

Quote from: gerald on 21:36, 16 March 15
So, I am about to make the cartridge emulator available to people that showed their interest in this thread. I will contact them by PM in 1st come / 1st served order.
The kit (cartridge + uSD + SD adapter) will cost 60 euros + shipping (1.55 for france, 4.7 for europe).

You will find more details on the page dedicated to C4CPC

that's a great news!

already declared interest, money ready, awaiting my pm  ;D

Juri

McKlain

Now I need an spare cartridge case  ;D

Knight

Guy0me

Quote from: McKlain on 08:37, 17 March 15
By the way does the C4CPC enter into a standard case ? Maybe we can find a special case for those cards..

gerald

Quote from: guyome on 11:03, 17 March 15
By the way does the C4CPC enter into a standard case ? Maybe we can find a special case for those cards..
CPC Plus cartridge replacement : one more  ;)

dragon

Quote from: McKlain on 08:37, 17 March 15

Really the problem not is found a spare case, is made a hole for the usb,sd card an switch in  the case, at least for me :S.

TFM

@gerald : Let me ask you two questions please:

- Is it possible to get VaraDOS instead of ParaDOS for the system cart. (slot 0)? Reason: It can read Vortex format (which is kind of standard in Germany).
It can be found here:
VaraDOS - CPCWiki

- Do you intend to release the source of the Cart-Manager software or provide information how it works?

You did an awesome job and got forward very quick!!! That's one of the most fascinating projects for CPC / Plus ever.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

gerald

Quote from: TFM on 19:54, 17 March 15
- Is it possible to get VaraDOS instead of ParaDOS for the system cart. (slot 0)? Reason: It can read Vortex format (which is kind of standard in Germany).
And now in cartridge (quick and dirty, Burnin Rubber code still there  ::) )

Quote from: TFM on 19:54, 17 March 15
- Do you intend to release the source of the Cart-Manager software or provide information how it works?
I will 1st document the API and example code, so any developper can use the cart added function. I may publish the CprSelect code later.

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

gerald

Quote from: dragon on 15:49, 17 March 15
Really the problem not is found a spare case, is made a hole for the usb,sd card an switch in  the case, at least for me :S.
I would wait before sacrifying a case. If you use it in a 6128/464 the cart is quite protected.
Maybe someone will find the magic solution for make some new cases.

Phantomz

Quote from: gerald on 20:17, 17 March 15
I would wait before sacrifying a case. If you use it in a 6128/464 the cart is quite protected.

That's good to know, if I'm lucky enough to buy one of these cartridge replacements for my 6128 plus, I think I'll pretty much leave it in there if I can use parados on it etc.  :)

dragon

Really i have a 6128+ and gx4000 :D .

One question you expect made more batches in the future  or only this?. (I ask because a posibility of buy a second cartridge more later).

gerald

Quote from: dragon on 21:36, 17 March 15
Really i have a 6128+ and gx4000 :D .

One question you expect made more batches in the future  or only this?. (I ask because a posibility of buy a second cartridge more later).
I did not yet fix a limit on the number of produced card, so there is a good chance that you could get one later ;)

McKlain

I have a GX4000 and I think that I'll need a case for the cartridge  :laugh:

Guy0me

Yes maybe someone have a 3D Printer !  ;D

arnoldemu

I think a normal case can be modified quite easily using a craft knife.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

wmsteele

TFM

Quote from: arnoldemu on 10:16, 18 March 15
I think a normal case can be modified quite easily using a craft knife.

Do you mean to cannibalize an old one. Or do you know where to buy such a normal case? That would be very interesting.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

Guy0me