News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Plus cartridge replacement : one more

Started by gerald, 16:39, 01 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in buying a 3D-printed case for the cartridge? Hoe many units? (only vote if you want one or more!)

178 (85.2%)
25 (12%)
2 (1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
more
4 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 209

Bryce

Quote from: mr_lou on 13:34, 24 March 15
Why are people offering money to have more games included?

I thought that was the whole point of the SD card; that you could just include whatever cartridge-file you wanted to yourself?

You didn't get the joke?

Bryce.

arnoldemu

When I convert games to cartridge at the moment I am looking for:

1. a game that can be started with joystick, where the options can be changed (or easily changed) to be configured from joystick
2. a game where if you need to enter your name into the hi-score you can use a joystick to do it.
3. a single load game.
4. a game with a title screen.

Suprisingly there don't appear to be that many games where you can start it with joystick, and if you can, often you need keyboard to enter your name into the hi-score table. So immediately this becomes more work to convert. I know I could do it for the plus machines, but I want to run it on my gx4000.

Patching a game is always harder becomes sometimes there is very little ram to put new code, so it's best if I can modify existing code.

e.g. change pause from esc to p.

I haven't converted a multi-load game like Robocop yet.

puzznic: single load game, you can use joystick throughout. H was pause - so had to patch that. I then added the title screen and colours from BDCIron :)

blue angel 69: it's the "disc" version - so has all the extras - it does multi-load background images.

stryker and the crypts of trojan: I had to do quite a lot of patches to make this work - changed pause button, supported 64k and 128k versions, had to add extra code to allow starting from joystick.

ranarama: all works from joystick. No title screen :( It's the same cpc version so slows down. I didn't look into why.

I've looked at two more that I could give the "treatment" to:

- anarchy; works from joystick directly, has a title screen, scrolling could be patched to make it better for plus I think, but that is a bit of extra work.

- ik+; can work from joystick, but needs a bit of work to make it better.

I started to make a list of games that can be started from joystick. If you find one, let me know and I could put it on my list.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Bryce

How about games like Commando (or am I mixing it up with Ikari warriors"?) where the joystick was used to do the Name input? Remember also that the GX4000 Pause button is wired to "P" so you could use this too.

Bryce.

TFM

Quote from: gerald on 21:35, 23 March 15
Where is it ?

There:
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/FutureOS_System_.8_Preview!!!.zip

It's called OS-Cart.cpr or .bin. But at the moment I got it only in German, so it's probably only wasting space somehow.  :laugh: :-\
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Phantomz

I don't know how to convert disk games to cpr or bins, but glad some people do ;) Hope someone will do Feud for me :D

I did notice most gx4000 games have Trained versions of the carts on cpc-power.

I noticed that there wasn't a Trained version for Navy Seals and this game is hard,
I know that more people will probably play this game thanks to the geralds fantastic new CPC Plus cartridge replacement,
so I thought that I would patch the pokes into the bin.

I've done a few different versions, these are:

Navy Seals with infinite Lives
"             " infinite Lives and Bullets
"             " infinite Lives, Energy and Bullets
"             " infinite Lives, Energy Bullets, and No Harm ( No Harm From Bullets or Lifts )
"             " infinite Lives, and Time
"             " infinite Lives, Time and Energy
"             " infinite Lives, Time, Energy and Bullets
"             " infinite Lives, Time, Energy, Bullets and No Harm ( No Harm From Bullets or Lifts )

I've included bins and cpr for each of the above.
I thought people might want different cheats, so at least options are there, hope they all work ok.

they are available for download from:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/oldfonsbc9fcg2v/Navy+Seals+GX4000+-+Trained.rar

I was having trouble opening a box (underneath me) on level 2 by shooting it with the weapon in the screenshot (Flame Thrower) , it seems that you can't shoot this box open with this weapon,
so if you have infinite bullets on and collect the flame thrower before opening this crate, you will get stuck.  :(

I've added another version here without infinite bullets:

Navy Seals - Lives, Time, Energy, No Harm ( no infinite Bullets ). available here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/etn3995xnl0gkei/Navy+Seals+-+Lives%2C+Time%2C+Energy%2C+No+Harm.rar

The infinite bullets cheats work fine, you just need to open that crate before you get the flame thrower.  ;) as shown here:

and

Remember to avoid falling into the lift shaft on level 2,  if you can't get shot or die, you will get stuck.  :(

Remember to open that crate before getting the flame thrower if you use cheats with infinite bullets and be careful of that lift shaft.  ;D

Enjoy  8)

Guy0me

Thanx for the share !
Maybe we can store and share all these .CPR games somewhere for everyone  :D

C4CPC can be the perfect storage cartridge for CPC+ if we can have a lots of games load directly from it.
I know there is a keyboard bug scan for some games and Tom and Jerry made custom .DSK that can work on CPC+..

TFM

Quote from: guyome on 17:21, 24 March 15
Thanx for the share !
Maybe we can store and share all these .CPR games somewhere for everyone  :D

Indeed, we can expand this one:
http://cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Plus#Software

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Or, how about the Downloads section right here? Why do people keep forgetting about it? :D

dragon

¡¡¡¡fano!!! where are you?. we need a rick dangerous 128+ version 2.0 (cartridge version).

Munchausen

@gerald will you contact us to send payment etc? I just wondered if I missed something because I see some people have got their carts already!

fano

Quote from: dragon on 20:32, 24 March 15
¡¡¡¡fano!!! where are you?. we need a rick dangerous 128+ version 2.0 (cartridge version).
Don't worry, i am on the gerald list and am very excited with this new cartridge ;)
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

radu14m

Can somebody upload a youtube movie ?  :o
i want to see how it works. Thanks !!!

gerald

Quote from: Munchausen on 00:52, 25 March 15
@gerald will you contact us to send payment etc? I just wondered if I missed something because I see some people have got their carts already!
Yes, I am contacting people in order. And your turn will come  ;)

gerald

Quote from: radu14m on 09:07, 25 March 15
Can somebody upload a youtube movie ?  :o
i want to see how it works. Thanks !!!
I am afraid, I can't make any video ! If someone already having one wants to ....

CraigsBar

Quote from: gerald on 09:17, 25 March 15
I am afraid, I can't make any video ! If someone already having one wants to ....
I'll see what I can do when my carts arrive ;)
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

dragon

Mine has arrived¡ too fast my new power supply for the 6128 plus not arrive yet. :-\

I'm afraid to open it. The stamp with the eye of sauron is watching me.

dragon

nothing

Dast87

gerald

Quote from: dragon on 12:36, 25 March 15
I'm afraid to open it. The stamp with the eye of sauron is watching me.
:laugh:

arnoldemu

Quote from: dragon on 13:35, 25 March 15
gerald It works perfect only you lost these cartridges (they not work in gx4000 but yes in the +:).

http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=9594 (is 512k!)
http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=8838(well only curiosity of course)
http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=426
http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=10382
http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&onglet=dumps&num=5261
http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=1168
http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&onglet=dumps&num=1798

They are patched, but they are cartridges.

great work! cartridge is perfect.
most of those were converted using no$cart.

It's not compatible with gx4000.

It could be fixed to work on gx4000, but then you would still get many games that can't be played because of no joystick support. So is it worth fixing if it's going let people make loads of carts that are not playable?

They should be redone correctly.
My games. My Games

Phantomz

Quote from: arnoldemu on 14:04, 25 March 15
most of those were converted using no$cart.

It's not compatible with gx4000.

It could be fixed to work on gx4000, but then you would still get many games that can't be played because of no joystick support. So is it worth fixing if it's going let people make loads of carts that are not playable?

They should be redone correctly.

I understand what you are saying about games not being compatible for the gx4000 which is a shame.  :(

I don't think people shouldn't be allowed to make loads of carts if they work for their plus machines, I think it makes sense to do so, if people have the hardware (plus computer) and this amazing new card then why not, I'm sure plus users would love all the great games ready to be launched from the card already in their machine.

The multi cart is for the gx4000 and the plus machine, so why not make stuff for both, I don't think it should be the case that if it doesn't work on the gx4000 forget it!  :o

arnoldemu

Quote from: Phantomz on 14:29, 25 March 15
I understand what you are saying about games not being compatible for the gx4000 which is a shame.  :(

I don't think people shouldn't be allowed to make loads of carts if they work for their plus machines, I think it makes sense to do so, if people have the hardware (plus computer) and this amazing new card then why not, I'm sure plus users would love all the great games ready to be launched from the card already in their machine.

The multi cart is for the gx4000 and the plus machine, so why not make stuff for both, I don't think it should be the case that if it doesn't work on the gx4000 forget it!  :o
Ok I will fix no$cart.

I will ask that cpc-power marks carts if they work on gx4000 or not.
My games. My Games

dragon

The free ocp is really interesting its not load incuded in pc emulator XD and the compilation not load some games (tried in 6128+). I don't know why.

Quote from: arnoldemu on 14:32, 25 March 15
Ok I will fix no$cart.

I will ask that cpc-power marks carts if they work on gx4000 or not.

I suggest that time ago... and instead told me to donate.