News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Plus cartridge replacement : one more

Started by gerald, 16:39, 01 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in buying a 3D-printed case for the cartridge? Hoe many units? (only vote if you want one or more!)

178 (85.2%)
25 (12%)
2 (1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
more
4 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 209

CraigsBar

Quote from: Maniac on 23:46, 29 March 15
For those that are interested I've uploaded a YouTube video of the C4CPC in action. Apologies for some of the camera work! I hope it's useful.

https://youtu.be/2xPAjOGHj2Y
wow! That looks simply amazing. I hope my 2 arrive today.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

CraigsBar

Quote from: robcfg on 08:01, 30 March 15
I was able to play with it yesterday and it work amazingly good!

It's a pity that most CPC+ games are horrible to play, so I hope we get new games soon  ;D
I am hoping too.

Top of my wish list would be a gx4000 port of the excellent Atari 8bit release RGB.

;)

Ast

I received mine today.... Yeah, i'm so happy....

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

radu14m

one question : is possible to build an adapter for c4cpc to use into the MotherX4 board ?
:)

andycadley

Quote from: radu14m on 21:00, 30 March 15
one question : is possible to build an adapter for c4cpc to use into the MotherX4 board ?
What would be the point? It will only work in a Plus machine and they have to have a cartridge in the slot anyway.

TFM

Quote from: radu14m on 21:00, 30 March 15

You want to use it with the CPC instead of the Plus? In this case I would suggest a remake of if, because the signals differ very much. Also there are not really that big ROM games for the CPC oG. Better use an X-MEM / X-MASS combination.

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

CraigsBar

Quote from: Ast on 14:13, 30 March 15
I received mine today.... Yeah, i'm so happy....
My 2 also arrived today. Oh Happy Days!

Here's a quick look at the 1st one now that it is cased.

http://www.dropbox.com/s/xv0n2zdoefoh2uy/2015-03-31%2000.08.35.jpg?dl=0
http://www.dropbox.com/s/q1w331opzi7xq6n/2015-03-31%2000.07.50.jpg?dl=0

I am sure the label will be improved as I tweak the design, but as it stands it's a quick and dirty label to strengthen the case, although a Hot Glue Gun seal on the sides also helps. LOL

The cart works perfectly and I am delighted with it. Many Many thanks to all involved be it reverse engineering the ACID to soldering the boards I will be eternally grateful. SO who wants to donate ChaseHQ2 to the community?

Craig

Kris

You also forget to drill a hole to access switch ;)

CraigsBar

Quote from: Kris on 08:17, 31 March 15
You also forget to drill a hole to access switch ;)
and the LEDs. What purpose does the push button serve anyway?

gerald

Quote from: CraigsBar on 09:25, 31 March 15
and the LEDs. What purpose does the push button serve anyway?
The switch is for upgrading the microcontroller FW. So the smallest hole you can pass wood stick or paper clip is enough.

CraigsBar

Quote from: gerald on 10:11, 31 March 15
The switch is for upgrading the microcontroller FW. So the smallest hole you can pass wood stick or paper clip is enough.
I guess I should try and line up the drill tonight then. Carefully of course. At least the label will stop bit slippage.

McKlain

Does the pcb fit inside a cartridge case that has not been "modified"?

CraigsBar

Quote from: McKlain on 13:30, 31 March 15
Does the pcb fit inside a cartridge case that has not been "modified"?
no, the switches, SD slot and usb socket will all get in the way. Some of the internal supports need filing down a bit too as the components have a different layout.

McKlain

CraigsBar

Quote from: McKlain on 13:42, 31 March 15
Ouch...
but as has been said before, enough broken carts exist to donate a case without the need to cannibalise a good one.

McKlain

Sure, but I don't have any broken cartridges. I only have one cartridge  :laugh:

gerald

Quote from: McKlain on 13:54, 31 March 15
Sure, but I don't have any broken cartridges. I only have one cartridge  :laugh:
So don't touch it. I've been using mine for months without protection in a GX4000.
As long as you do not have static electricity problem, it should be fine.

radu14m

Quote from: TFM on 21:40, 30 March 15

You want to use it with the CPC instead of the Plus? In this case I would suggest a remake of if, because the signals differ very much. Also there are not really that big ROM games for the CPC oG. Better use an X-MEM / X-MASS combination.

yes :)

CraigsBar

Quote from: gerald on 13:57, 31 March 15
So don't touch it. I've been using mine for months without protection in a GX4000.
As long as you do not have static electricity problem, it should be fine.
as the cart slot in a plus is horizontal and there are no gates to support the PCB, uncased carts flop down and lead to bad connection and crashes. You can either case then, or provide support to the underside.... Foam rubber works well cut into a 6mm high block and stuck to the pcb with double sided tape the the correct spot to provide support.

The gx being vertical, and having gates, does not have this problem.

fgbrain

Received mine today!

Really professional quality product -apart from the case!!!

We need full documentation now.. Its high time to make decent stuff for the plus !

PS:
I have some  screen sync problems with my scart cable and my IPS monitor. Didn't notice that before... Because didn't have the Epyx sport cartridge!
_____

6128 (UK keyboard, Crtc type 0/2), 6128+ (UK keyboard), 3.5" and 5.25" drives, Reset switch and Digiblaster (selfmade), Inicron Romram box, Bryce Megaflash, SVideo & PS/2 mouse, , Magnum Lightgun, X-MEM, X4 Board, C4CPC, Multiface2 X4, RTC X4 and Gotek USB Floppy emulator.

andycadley

Got mine too. Would be trying it out now but I'm out tonight! Will have to wait till tomorrow evening! :'(

gerald

Quote from: fgbrain on 18:50, 31 March 15
Really professional quality product -apart from the case!!!
If the case does not fit your quality standard, please fell free to return it  :P

Quote from: fgbrain on 18:50, 31 March 15
We need full documentation now.. Its high time to make decent stuff for the plus !
C4CPC - CPCWiki covers the basic, if you need something specific, PM  ;)

Bryce

Quote from: radu14m on 14:36, 31 March 15

yes :)

What's the point, the plus games won't run on a classic CPC no matter how you connect it.

Bryce.

Crazy_Borg

Received mine today, too.

I am happy!  :D
words are cheap...words come and go

wmsteele

Arrived today, fantastic  :D