News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Plus cartridge replacement : one more

Started by gerald, 16:39, 01 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in buying a 3D-printed case for the cartridge? Hoe many units? (only vote if you want one or more!)

178 (85.2%)
25 (12%)
2 (1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
more
4 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 209

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

andycadley

Quote from: TFM on 18:54, 27 April 15
Found:

http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=4962

It's 128K only though, whereas it could run on a 464+/GX4000 from cartridge. And obviously it has the potential to be a "proper" cart game, rather than just a disk port, because I've still got the source for it (although not sure I still have the cross assembler I was using, so it might need some TLC in that respect too). A 512K cart could easily provide a bit more sprite variety.

Also the version floating around on the web has more unfinished graphics than I had done, although this might be an opportunity to finish the rest off too!   ;)

arnoldemu

Quote from: andycadley on 19:59, 27 April 15
It's 128K only though, whereas it could run on a 464+/GX4000 from cartridge. And obviously it has the potential to be a "proper" cart game, rather than just a disk port, because I've still got the source for it (although not sure I still have the cross assembler I was using, so it might need some TLC in that respect too). A 512K cart could easily provide a bit more sprite variety.

Also the version floating around on the web has more unfinished graphics than I had done, although this might be an opportunity to finish the rest off too!   ;)
Yes, exactly what I was hinting at. A GX4000 compatible cartridge version.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

CraigsBar

Quote from: TFM on 20:07, 27 April 15
@andycadley : Yes, that would be great!  :) :) :)
can I join the please please please club? I loved the original plus release from the #CSA8 days.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

khisanth

Am interested in buying one of these, where do I sign up?!

;)

CraigsBar

Quote from: khisanth on 21:46, 28 April 15

;)
Drop a PM to @gerald and he will put you on the ever growing list for the 2nd batch. ;)

Sorry Gerald, I hope you are planning a holiday any time soon. You really shoudl not have done such an awesome job on these carts. But I for one am so VERY glad you did.

I cannot wait for my GX4000 to arrive so I can put my 2nd one in there and have pang on a 42" TV LOL.

Craig

CraigsBar

I know I am filling this thread with Cartridge Questions... Sorry all.

@arnoldemu Do you think it would be possible to create an additon to (or alternative version) of you Cart Builder that would load an SNApshot file or Multiface Dump directly?

I mean a 64k Multiface dump (or SNApshot) should run on the GX4000 as the controls can be set up for Joypad only before the snapshot or MF dump is taken.

If a cart builder could be designed to implement an Anti-Multiface loader or Snapshot loader in the cart directly then the number of cart conversions with correct controls would increase surely?

Craig

Sautebroussailles

Hello everyone.

I've finally registered in this place, in order to declare my interest in this nice cartridge.
This also triggered my move to acquire a GX-4000.
Before this, only geek-fetiche about Amsrad machines made this little console interesting to me, but not enough to try and get one.
Now however, this cartridge really make it attractive.

Can't wait to see demos on it ;-)

CPC464, CPC6128, 6128+, GX4000, PCW8256 - HxC,MotherX4/X-Mem/X-Mass/Mini-Booster

dthrone

Quote from: Sautebroussailles on 21:39, 30 April 15
Hello everyone.

I've finally registered in this place, in order to declare my interest in this nice cartridge.
This also triggered my move to acquire a GX-4000.
Before this, only geek-fetiche about Amsrad machines made this little console interesting to me, but not enough to try and get one.
Now however, this cartridge really make it attractive.

Can't wait to see demos on it ;-)

Alan Sugar is going to be considering a relaunch at this rate!!  :D

retrocant

seanb

Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

arnoldemu

Quote from: CraigsBar on 20:33, 30 April 15
I know I am filling this thread with Cartridge Questions... Sorry all.

@arnoldemu Do you think it would be possible to create an additon to (or alternative version) of you Cart Builder that would load an SNApshot file or Multiface Dump directly?

I mean a 64k Multiface dump (or SNApshot) should run on the GX4000 as the controls can be set up for Joypad only before the snapshot or MF dump is taken.

If a cart builder could be designed to implement an Anti-Multiface loader or Snapshot loader in the cart directly then the number of cart conversions with correct controls would increase surely?

Craig
Somehow I missed this post.

I had the same thoughts the other day. A cart that has a snapshot in it.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

jrodriguezv

It's it there any 3d printer design for this cartridge??

I would like to protect my unit because I really appreciate it ;-)

CraigsBar

Quote from: jrodriguezv on 13:23, 01 May 15
It's it there any 3d printer design for this cartridge??

I would like to protect my unit because I really appreciate it ;-)
I have a shell that I used to use for my hot swap EPROM cart that I no longer use, you are welcome to it if you want, just remember it has a hole in the front that will either need covering or filling.

jrodriguezv

Thanks! It would be great! I will pm you

McKlain

A 3D model of a cartridge case for the C4CPC would be pretty useful.

n00b

^ coming soon - a member of the circuit-board forum has a 3D printer and he'll get it on asap. ;)

Here you can see some pictures of his 1st protoype.

Kris

Looks really good on 3D views; just have to wait for final prototype :)

CraigsBar

gerald

Quote from: n00b on 02:11, 02 May 15
^ coming soon - a member of the circuit-board forum has a 3D printer and he'll get it on asap. ;)

Here you can see some pictures of his 1st protoype.
Looks familiar to me ;)
But please do not put a big square hole for the reset button that is never used except for fw upgrade.

n00b

McKlain

Quote from: gerald on 08:05, 02 May 15
Looks familiar to me ;)
But please do not put a big square hole for the reset button that is never used except for fw upgrade.

A pinhole would be enough, right?

gerald

seanb

Got my c4cpc today  :D
very happy.
Burnin Rubber is fantastic
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!